closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A New Arrival, the Siduna M3440

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralNilsson View Post
    Thanks that is most accommodating.
    I would appreciate a direct answer before buying - I hope you won’t take offence..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Reply by proxy isn't a reply.

Master
    I am sure he will get back to you. Always better to deal direct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll give him time to reply and get back to you guys here if/when I hear anything

Master
    I’ll give him time to reply and get back to you guys here if/when I hear anything

I've just received a reply from Francis.
    The Flyback version that I was interested is out of stock, but they're hoping to launch a new collection in September.
    I've asked him to keep me updated on any new products, so I'll pass that info onto this forum if I receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    I've just received a reply from Francis.
    The Flyback version that I was interested is out of stock, but they're hoping to launch a new collection in September.
    I've asked him to keep me updated on any new products, so I'll pass that info onto this forum if I receive it.
    That sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Are those stickers over the Chrono pushers or are they actually blue and gold?
    Neither. They are polished, and reflecting my blue sleeve, in one case, and a warm white table lamp in the other.
    You can see both colours also reflected on the case side just above each pusher.

My impression is that the £1000 current price was only ever for the normal movement, rather than the custom flyback mod, which has been out of stock for a while.
    Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Neither. They are polished, and reflecting my blue sleeve, in one case, and a warm white table lamp in the other.
    You can see both colours also reflected on the case side just above each pusher.

My impression is that the £1000 current price was only ever for the normal movement, rather than the custom flyback mod, which has been out of stock for a while.
    Dave
    The flyback is around £500 more if I remember correctly.
    I opted for the flyback but it had been temperamental to start with requiring a warranty repair.
    It seems to be fine ever since

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    The flyback is around £500 more if I remember correctly.
    I opted for the flyback but it had been temperamental to start with requiring a warranty repair.
    It seems to be fine ever since

According to the website, about £700 more (which seems a lot for the extra function).

Having been initially impressed with the overall views and opinions of these guys, it's a shame that they seem to have taken the 'market disrupting' type BS approach with the Expedition -

CARVE YOUR OWN PATH (COMING SOON) The SIDUNA Expedition Chronogaph will celebrate freethinkers who are not afraid to challenge conventions.

I see it now! I was really confused with the wax answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    According to the website, about £700 more (which seems a lot for the extra function).

Having been initially impressed with the overall views and opinions of these guys, it's a shame that they seem to have taken the 'market disrupting' type BS approach with the Expedition -

CARVE YOUR OWN PATH (COMING SOON) The SIDUNA Expedition Chronogaph will celebrate freethinkers who are not afraid to challenge conventions.
    Yes. "Celebrating freethinkers who are not afraid to challenge convention" makes me want to vommit. It's like the marketing for the Hodinkee Alarm Clock a few months ago.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post

The eBay offer mentions additional flyback function for $550 so roughly £400 on top.
    I am not a fan of the new design they are coming up with but the m3440 is well worth it IMHO. I don’t think there is anyone else out there who has produced something similar, apart from an older danish attempt using the seagul movement I think

Master
    Worth adding a picture as well. All this talk made me want to dig it out!

It IS a really good looking watch..
    You wouldn’t happen to have a Doxa 1200/300t or a Scurfa for a size comparison?

Master
    It IS a really good looking watch..
    You wouldn’t happen to have a Doxa 1200/300t or a Scurfa for a size comparison?

This is against a Speedmaster and a bund which are similarly sized chronos…

Thanks.
    That’s a very nice speedmaster as well. I wonder if any bracelets would fit the Siduna..

It’s funny I was actually just looking at the dimensions of a Sinn Bund/155 for some similar dimensions.

Dave, I see some pics of this Siduna with an oyster as well as a BOR bracelets.
    I think a bracelet completes the look. Do you know which bracelets these might be? I don’t think they are OEM.
    In fact when you do a google search even the link for your review on WUS shows up with these pics, even though they are not really a part of your review.

I know, I was really impressed with the look and the fit and finish of the BoR one especially, and I asked him on that thread to tell us what bracelets they were, because I jnow they are not OEM.
    But he gave no details at all. I would be tempted to get the watchgecko BoR and the optional curved endlinks if i was going for that look. Only because getting one from random Ebayers is such a lottery. I am sure Uhrbandcenter also have a few options, but VAT will be an issue

I know, I was really impressed with the look and the fit and finish of the BoR one especially, and I asked him on that thread to tell us what bracelets they were, because I jnow they are not OEM.
    But he gave no details at all. I would be tempted to get the watchgecko BoR and the optional curved endlinks if i was going for that look. Only because getting one from random Ebayers is such a lottery. I am sure Uhrbandcenter also have a few options, but VAT will be an issue
    Thanks 🙏

To update this thread, my experience with Siduna and Francis Jacquerye in particular, has been superb so far.

As soon as I got back from holiday at the end of August I messaged Siduna about customs and tax to import to the UK. I received a reply the next day outlining that all taxes were paid at source and there would be nothing more to pay on import. That was enough for me and on 1 September I ordered the watch, and waited… and waited … and waited some more.

I knew it was going to take a couple of weeks as they assemble the watches to order, but it actually ran into just over four. However, Francis kept me updated every week, explaining what stage his watchmaker was at and how much longer it would be.

Roll round to yesterday and a knock on the door delivered me this …

It really is a stunning watch, costing far less than other similar spec models. The clean white stick hands, large, lumed arabic numbers, no unecessary dial text, firm bezel click with no play, screw-down crown and blue-tint sapphire all add up to a superb package. The strap is a ilttle bit thick for my taste – 7mm at the lug – but I might try and roll it into submission one day. For the moment a Di Modell Jumbo suffices just as well, and I have Havestons that are begging for a chrono.

The box is a simple wooden affair a la Nomos, and there was no paperwork or card, which is novel.

Obviously it's the honeymoon period but for the moment it's good to have a wobbler in the collection again.
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 6th October 2021 at 11:11.

Beauty. The only thing that is preventing me from ordering is the wait.
    I will get it one day:-)

Glad you like it ( so far at least).
    You are right, there is nothing to touch it at that price.
    D

Master
    Are these really £1100 or so? That’s the price I see on eBay. If I was looking for a Chrono this would certainly be top of the list.

Yup. Have a look at their Kickstarter offer too. Different but another great value chrono.

A New Arrival, the Siduna M3440

They are playing with the price again, it’s gone up around 200€€ this time. For the same watch. Sort of strange.

Last edited by AdmiralNilsson; 11th November 2021 at 13:57.