closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Total Newbie sales question - help appreciated!

Apprentice

Total Newbie sales question - help appreciated!

Hi All

Apologies as I am way out of my depth with you watch connoisseurs, I wanted to ask for your advice please regarding the best place to sell a watch as I have no previous experience!

I have a Tag Aquaracer Calibre 5 with grey dial that I am interested in selling. I bought it for £1600 3 years ago and have hardly worn it; maybe 15 times in 3 years for special occasions. As a result it is in excellent condition complete with box and papers etc. It has no marks or scratches for instance. I'm just not sure I can justify it being sat in a drawer in its box depreciating whilst I understand it needs servicing every 4-6 years so will start to cost me money when I'm not really getting any use out of it!

Its a WAY2113.BA0910 and still retails for £1600-£1800 brand new online now.

I've contacted Watchmaster for instance who advertise a big value of £1270 but when I unpicked it they basically sell it for me on their website and take 39% commission so quite quickly it became clear the most I could expect would be about £550 - £775 (I would bet it would be the lower end too!) Thinking about Ebay and gumtree sounds like a nightmare.

My questions would be:

- Where is the best place to sell these?
    - Not that I'm asking anyone here to buy it but if it was your watch what would you think is a fair value?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
    Terry

Welcome Terry... I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers... but this came to mind straight away: http://www.tagexchange.co.uk/

John

EDIT: Here's his Aquaracers: http://www.tagexchange.co.uk/search/...arch=aquaracer Depreciation is steep on Tags... some prices on there that pretty much verify what your 1st quote ballpark is. Excat model ref, bracelet v's rubber will matter. See if yours is on that page for an idea.
    Last edited by JohnnyE; 16th January 2019 at 13:04.

Tags do ok on Ebay tbh

Ebay completed listings appear to be in the £400-£500 bracket for a private sale with some new selling for around £900

Apprentice
    Thanks to all that replied. I have had other offers of £650 which seem higher than what I could expect on eBay but probably not worth selling for to be honest I would rather just keep it!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryF View Post
    Thanks to all that replied. I have had other offers of £650 which seem higher than what I could expect on eBay but probably not worth selling for to be honest I would rather just keep it!
    Bizarre. If you can buy it new for circa £900 according to the previous post then £650 is decent imho.