closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Virgin Atlantic Credit Card

Virgin Atlantic Credit Card

They seem to have just launched a decent incentive for new customers with their reward+ card ~ 15,000 Air miles upon your first purchase within the first 90 days, then a further 10,000 if you spend £1,500 within the same period.

Does anyone here have one already? Any good, is it?

Master
    I had one but binned it, as they finished the scheme that allowed you to convert the airmiles into gift vouchers.

If you plan to use the airmiles for flying, I didn't think it stacked up to be honest, albeit they're free.

I now use a IHG rewards card (with a fairly good monthly spend ~£4-5k) and can convert the point to John Lewis vouchers etc.

I have one and use it for business expenses
    I collect the air miles as we use VA to fly to SA a couple of times a year, using it to buy the tickets also bumps up the miles
    As such in a year we have enough miles for 2 upper class return ticket upgrades.
    It works for me.

I’ve got one and use it for both business and personal use.
    Using it for air miles as we use Virgin for transatlantic flights if possible and the account managers can be very helpful with upgrades and offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I have one and use it for business expenses
    I collect the air miles as we use VA to fly to SA a couple of times a year, using it to buy the tickets also bumps up the miles
    As such in a year we have enough miles for 2 upper class return ticket upgrades.
    It works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I’ve got one and use it for both business and personal use.
    Using it for air miles as we use Virgin for transatlantic flights if possible and the account managers can be very helpful with upgrades and offers.
    Thanks guys,

Do you mind me asking how many points are required for a semi-decent flight? I know they have examples on their website, but the examples say 'from xxxx points' which always makes me tentative.

I think cattle class to Premium start at about 30k
    Premium to Upper is about 75k
    They are particular about the flights you can take but we can be flexible.
    I have been with them for a while so got a good promotion when the changed terms and conditions last year
    If I remember correctly it was 30k to join and 10k a month of You spent £1000 for three months.

Master
    I've had one since 2005 that I use for personal and business and think it's really good.

I've flown Upper at least half a dozens times on air miles and premium a load more. We've just booked 1 Upper and 3 premium's to HK for 180k miles. I don't get why people don't think it's good. Only plausible answer is a few people I know don't really know how to use the miles. You have to play around and watch availability. Last year I went to Vegas for £430 and 100k miles in UC and 3 friends all paid between £2,900 and £3,400. That alone was worth paying the £160 for a couple of years to build up the miles (used to be 2 to the £, now it's 1.5).

Master
    Yep had one a while - switched when MBNA pulled the plug.
    Register for their Flying Club and you can see whet you can spend them on.

see a review here on headforpoints:

https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/1...credit-card-2/

see if it works for you

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I've had one since 2005 that I use for personal and business and think it's really good.

I've flown Upper at least half a dozens times on air miles and premium a load more. We've just booked 1 Upper and 3 premium's to HK for 180k miles. I don't get why people don't think it's good. Only plausible answer is a few people I know don't really know how to use the miles. You have to play around and watch availability. Last year I went to Vegas for £430 and 100k miles in UC and 3 friends all paid between £2,900 and £3,400. That alone was worth paying the £160 for a couple of years to build up the miles (used to be 2 to the £, now it's 1.5).
    Exactly this.
    We have three UC return to Vegas in Sept and are paying circa £750 each with 100,000 miles for the three.
    Basically phoned them up,gave them a timeframe and the account manager came back with some great deals to choose from .

I have a BA Amex card which clocks up air miles. More carriers and more choice in flights.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I have one, also had the old mbna which was better, but pretty much every year get free upgrade to premium or buy one get one free premium Manchester to Orlando. Managed a full free first class flight as well this year LA/LHR with only the taxes to pay, can’t complain!