closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: JLC reverso

Master

JLC reverso

Having acquired a standard reverso duo (270.8.54) I'm happy with it but it's quite small. It's rather smaller than it seems from its paper measurements. With a suit it works fine but I wonder if the larger version would be better in the long run.
    To wit is the 986 the same piece as the Grande Reverso Day & Night Edition 273.8.85? I thought the 986 was a limited run of 1500 but if the 273.8.85 is the same then there are an awful lot of them for sale.
    Can anyone answer this?
    Thanks

Master
    No idea but Googled this:

http://www.passions.com.sg/v2/watch/...-1500pcs-steel

which seems to suggest it's a much bigger case than the standard.

And this suggests different model number:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/jaeg...duodate.76937/

Last edited by David_D; 16th January 2019 at 02:36.

Master
    Thanks. I'd found similar.
    One of the links says
    Model Ref:
    Model Ref:3748420 "274.8.85" so I'm not really sure what the 374 number is. I don't think that's a JLC model no but I could be wrong and googling it does get you to 986 models.

ETA
    Ok it seems there was a limited edition of 1500
    https://www.europeanwatch.com/19356.html

and the same piece but not in that 1500 run
    https://www.swisswatchexpo.com/watch...Q3748420-11570

broadly they are 44.5mm by 31.5mm but it does seem to vary by a mm or so.
    I can't see what value there is in the 1500 run mind.

And again - the limited 1500 are 274.8.85 but the others are 273.8.85
    Last edited by DavidL; 16th January 2019 at 16:50.

I’m not sure what the difference is between those two, but as far as size goes this particular case is perfect (for me at least). I own a 976 in rose gold and the fit and dimensions are sublime. I always struggled with the smaller dimensions of the standard Reverso so this case size was the obvious choice. The Squadra lost the elegant lines of the Reverso for the sake of its oversized proportions where the 976 and her cousins retain all of those lovely Reverso ratios whilst getting away with being a more modern size. Love them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Thanks. I'd found similar.
    One of the links says
    Model Ref:
    Model Ref:3748420 "274.8.85" so I'm not really sure what the 374 number is. I don't think that's a JLC model no but I could be wrong and googling it does get you to 986 models.

ETA
    Ok it seems there was a limited edition of 1500
    https://www.europeanwatch.com/19356.html

and the same piece but not in that 1500 run
    https://www.swisswatchexpo.com/watch...Q3748420-11570

broadly they are 44.5mm by 31.5mm but it does seem to vary by a mm or so.
    I can't see what value there is in the 1500 run mind.

And again - the limited 1500 are 274.8.85 but the others are 273.8.85
    For random reasons I was looking at this again.
    The 273 is a 49mm case but with the same 986 mechanism and the 274 is the limited run of 1500 and is numbered on the case back. It also has a 52 mm case size.
    So broadly they are the same but differ slightly in size. If you want the limited edition it has to be the larger case.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrlx View Post
    I’m not sure what the difference is between those two, but as far as size goes this particular case is perfect (for me at least). I own a 976 in rose gold and the fit and dimensions are sublime. I always struggled with the smaller dimensions of the standard Reverso so this case size was the obvious choice. The Squadra lost the elegant lines of the Reverso for the sake of its oversized proportions where the 976 and her cousins retain all of those lovely Reverso ratios whilst getting away with being a more modern size. Love them.
    Can you show us some photos

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Having acquired a standard reverso duo (270.8.54) I'm happy with it but it's quite small. It's rather smaller than it seems from its paper measurements. With a suit it works fine but I wonder if the larger version would be better in the long run.
    To wit is the 986 the same piece as the Grande Reverso Day & Night Edition 273.8.85? I thought the 986 was a limited run of 1500 but if the 273.8.85 is the same then there are an awful lot of them for sale.
    Can anyone answer this?
    Thanks
    Not sure myself, the std duodate 273.8.85 (Grande Reverso .metal.model) does not have any fish motif in the saddle back whereas the 274 does. Not sure if there is a special finish or better motor. I also thought the 986 limited edition was a single face watch and an open case back on the reverse showing a nicely dressed motor? Not the easiest model tracking system in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Guycord View Post
    Not sure myself, the std duodate 273.8.85 (Grande Reverso .metal.model) does not have any fish motif in the saddle back whereas the 274 does. Not sure if there is a special finish or better motor. I also thought the 986 limited edition was a single face watch and an open case back on the reverse showing a nicely dressed motor? Not the easiest model tracking system in the world?
    The 976 was the single face with display back

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The 976 was the single face with display back
    Thank you for the correct research

I am considering a JLC reverso and wanted to see the difference between the Large and Medium so popped into WoS today . I tried on the large Classic Reverso Small seconds. Perfect fit for me.

A stunning watch in the flesh, oozes class.
    Last edited by eagletower; 11th September 2019 at 13:54.