closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Paysafecard - any user experience?

Paysafecard - any user experience?

Interesting one this I've never come across paysafecard before. Is it an escrow service?

What's happened is this: I've seen an item for sale I'm interested in (non-watch). Gumtree. I respond via gumtree mail. No reply. Then a reply, "selling the item on behalf of relative, here's the relative's email address".

I email the relative. No response, then a response "I'm working away, if you're interested pay by paysafecard, take delivery and see what you think".

Here's the thing. I want to stick with this. I want the item. I want it badly in fact, too badly. I hope beyond hope that this is for real. My gut feeling says be very cautious.

This is a substantial 3-figure sum. Can I afford to lose it? Well in the circumstances I am prepared to take some risk, but clearly want to minimise this risk.

Anyone know anything about paysafe card? Is the money gone once it's gone, or is it in escrow somewhere? I have suggested I travel to view the item face-to-face, mainly to see what sort of reaction that produces.

Edited to add: I have just noticed this is being offered as "cash on delivery" via DHL. Nothing to lose I suppose.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Last edited by catch21; 15th January 2019 at 18:16.

Craftsman
    If it is these folks, then the reviews are not great.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.paysafecard.com

I think the behaviour of the seller seems odd too, so I would be walking away or insisting on F2F.

I wouldn't deal with someone like that. Paysafe card or not.

Craftsman
    Reading your post objectively it sounds like its a definitive scam, I fear you are letting your desire for the watch cloud your reasoning.

If your desperate for the watch I feel f2f would be the only way forward. Personally I would walk away all together.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    Reading your post objectively it sounds like its a definitive scam, I fear you are letting your desire for the watch cloud your reasoning.

If your desperate for the watch I feel f2f would be the only way forward. Personally I would walk away all together.
    It’s not a watch according to the OP’s first post. I believe you can only use the paysafecard at authorised pay points, but as others have said seems like strange behaviour so I’d walk away.

Master
    https://www.paysafecard.com/en-gb/

How would this protect you if the goods were suspect or not sent?

If you want to minimise risk then PayPal or f2f in a public place.

But tbh it sounds well dodge to me...

Wow! You guys come up with the goods every time. Clear heads and all that. Thanks for the review link. I have a few lines of enquiry regarding other information given in the email (name, employment, employment location) that I'm following up on as well.

Blog Entries
    Run from this, run very fast and run hard and when you have ran, run again! As you get your breath back, be consoled that you have not lost your cash!

Journeyman
    As far As I am aware the Pacsafe card is a way that people who cannot get a credit card can pay online. Or can be used for people who do not want a paper trail of a transaction. I also do not think you would have the clawback options as you would with PayPal or credit card. One would suspect that once the money is passed over it would not be returnable. Therefore I would suggest proceeding with caution and treating as a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Run from this, run very fast and run hard and when you have ran, run again! As you get your breath back, be consoled that you have not lost your cash!
    ^^^^ this,
    OP, re-read your initial post from the perspective of a third party, imagine someone you know asking you that question, like kav says run and don't look back.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    ^^^^ this,
    OP, re-read your initial post from the perspective of a third party, imagine someone you know asking you that question, like kav says run and don't look back.
    You're right! You are all right, thank you.

So wanted it to be genuine.

The same item was advertised again on Gumtree last night at about 10pm. Same pictures, same description, different person and different location. The previous advertiser has been on Gumtree less than one month. Suspicious straight away. The advertiser last night had been on 7+ years, so I hope they've lost that investment of a sleeper Gumtree account.

I reported the second advert last night and it had gone by this morning so if it was Gumtree, that's a good response from them.

It seems like paysafecard might be based in Bulgaria? Trying to work out who makes the money and how, clearly it isn't a genuine transaction.

PaySafeCard in itself as a service I think is fine, in that it works.

However, the majority of users of it are shady at best and often trying to scam you.

On some further digging there's also lots of similar incidents reported in this thread:

https://whatconsumer.co.uk/forum/thr...m.18966/page-4

the details of one of which is frighteningly similar to the situation I was in.

Another win for TZ for sure. Thanks!