closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: watch advice please

watch advice please

as some of you may know i know diddly squat about watches. looking to get the missus a ss datejust, and would be grateful if some of the more knowledgeable folk on here would have a look at this watch on chrono24 for me

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/oys...-id9395910.htm

spoke with the seller and been offered it for £3293 with free shipping

any questions i should be asking them

any advice would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Master
    That is showing reserved so unless you have put a deposit on it the ship has sailed.

I bought my wife a date-just last year and was tempted by watches on Chrono 24 but too many issues.

I bought from a great forum member and he has one in at a similar price if you want to buy nearer home.

https://www.miltonaires.com/product/6593

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    That is showing reserved so unless you have put a deposit on it the ship has sailed.

I bought my wife a date-just last year and was tempted by watches on Chrono 24 but too many issues.

I bought from a great forum member and he has one in at a similar price if you want to buy nearer home.

https://www.miltonaires.com/product/6593

think they have put the reserved on for me as i've just had the offer through now.

would prefer to buy off the forum and have read nothing but glowing reports about miltons, but thats just stretching my budget a bit too far. didn't really want to go over 3k but as these thing always are you always spend a bit more

thanks for the heads up on the miltons one though i will consider it

Master
    I understand the budget issue.

I set a limit of £5000 and spent £7200.

Another vote for Miltons. Good prices and 100% trustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I understand the budget issue.

I set a limit of £5000 and spent £7200.
    wow you certainly did blow your budget there. hope she was pleased. budgets for buying luxury goods should be treated the same as when doing up a property always have a bit more to spend as you'll always go over

is that all the advice on the watch in the op i linked to. come on fellas help a complete watch noob out

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestarp View Post

is that all the advice on the watch in the op i linked to. come on fellas help a complete watch noob out
    If you don’t know what you are buying buy from a seller who is highly trusted.

Blog Entries
    Are you looking for advise on what date-just to buy your missus? I would ask her what she likes before buying anything - go to an AD and try some on and then source one within budget from known sources. I bought this for my missus and she wears it every day - it is her 'beater' - sometimes we forget on this forum that watches were designed to be worn everyday all day. It looks a bit beaten up but it always keeps good time. When it starts not to keep good time I get it serviced.

As regards that specific watch - look ok if you like ice. Does your missus though? I personally would not buy from Chrono24 since you have no idea who the seller is - unless you do! (that's just me)
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 15th January 2019 at 22:13.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Are you looking for advise on what date-just to buy your missus? I would ask her what she likes before buying anything - go to an AD and try some on and then source one within budget from known sources. I bought this for my missus and she wears it every day - it is her 'beater' - sometimes we forget on this forum that watches were designed to be worn everyday all day. It looks a bit beaten up but it always keeps good time. When it starts not to keep good time I get it serviced.

As regards that specific watch - look ok if you like ice. Does your missus though? I personally would not buy from Chrono24 since you have no idea who the seller is - unless you do! (that's just me)
    thanks bud was just looking for advice on that specific watch. wifey already has a gold dj so she wanted a ss one for when she wears her silver jewellery. know its hard to say but if folk on here think it doesn't look ropey then was just a bit of piece of mind for me from folk that know. it will get worn, as the gold one is worn everyday so now she can rotate.

also still thinking about the milton one that was suggested early.

Blog Entries
    thanks bud was just looking for advice on that specific watch. wifey already has a gold dj so she wanted a ss one for when she wears her silver jewellery. know its hard to say but if folk on here think it doesn't look ropey then was just a bit of piece of mind for me from folk that know. it will get worn, as the gold one is worn everyday so now she can rotate.

also still thinking about the milton one that was suggested early.
    Can’t go wrong with Milton as a seller - if I were choosing I’d go for one from them instead of Chrono24 - no need to worry about authenticity.

Hope that helps?

Martyn. What is the ‘bud’ you speak of - some sort of plant part? (Please take that in jest)

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Can’t go wrong with Milton as a seller - if I were choosing I’d go for one from them instead of Chrono24 - no need to worry about authenticity.

Hope that helps?

Martyn. What is the ‘bud’ you speak of - some sort of plant part? (Please take that in jest)
    Lol of course took in jest bud lol far to old to have snowflake tendencies. Bud is the best part of the best plant. ;)
    Thanks for the advice

Grand Master
    Before buying I would definitely find out exactly what the lady likes. It might be worth looking at the 31mm Datejust, they're harder to find but a nice size.

Another vote for dealing with Miltons! Tell Haywood what you're looking for and I`m sure he'll do his best to help.

Master
    If she already has a DJ then why not go for a Oyster Perpetual? Something a bit different.

update.
    in the end bought her this, as it had the oyster bracelet

she loves it.

Master
    update.
    in the end bought her this, as it had the oyster bracelet

she loves it.
    What is the model reference of that watch, please? Original diamond bezel should be 179384.

Thankyou.