closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ericas original straps vs Nato

Ericas original straps vs Nato

Was going to get another nato then came across Erica original straps copy’s of the French marine straps it seems ...interested to find out the quality and how they wear also how does the buckle work it looks like it just hooks over ? Anyway fairly expensive for a canvas strap but if the quality is up there then ........ fair enough !.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    No comparison in my opinion - Erika's straps are extremely comfortable and high quality, while I've always found natos to look good when new, but quickly deteriorate.

I've got 3 Erika's straps, and find they suit pretty much any watch i put em on (all my watches are tool/divers)

The buckles take a bit of getting used to , but once on they stay on. Rather than being a canvas strap, they are made of stretchy parachute elastic.

The old saying goes - you get what you pay for.

Very comfy. Strap is elastic so stretches a bit as well. If you order measure your wrist size. That way the buckle ends up on the side of your wrist which doesn’t “hurt” if you lean your wrists on a desk. Also less likely to scratch the table or laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Two totally different straps , no comparison.

Master
    Have a look at Nageurs de Combat (NDC) on the internet, eBay & Instagram. They also have genuine Marine Nationale straps. Nageurs de Combat is the French for combat swimmers or "frogmen". I've bought from NDC & they're good.

Master
    Over time the elastic will start to curl at the sides and become over stretched, where as the NATO, yes they look far better when new, but they still look much tidier after time.
    Last edited by MADDOG; 16th January 2019 at 12:55.

Craftsman
    The Erika's seem to stand up pretty well in my experience. I have one that has been worn most days for two years and still looks great. It hasn't had a tough life though, so this might not be the case for everyone.

Journeyman
    Same here I have 7 MN straps approx. and they are more comfortable than the best of my NATO , no comparison to be made. But for sure 50€ for those strap is expensive imo.

Journeyman
    Forgot to mention, Erika is very kind and always gave me great advices for choosing customizing its straps !

Journeyman
    How secure is the Erika’s strap? Looks like it’s fastened by just a clip?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Mclure View Post
    How secure is the Erika’s strap? Looks like it’s fastened by just a clip?

They are very secure. The large part hooks over the ring. Once it’s on, it ain’t coming off!

Journeyman
    Thanks, that’s reassuring to know!

Blog Entries
    They are completely different straps and although Erikas straps are absolutely a work of art I could not get on with mine when fitted to my Tudor BBB.

If you want to try something with a bit more omph have a look at Steveo’s. I have received one of his para’s this week and boy it’s good, in fact two with a leather off SC.

Steveo was superb to deal with and there is no doubt I will buy from him again, give him a look.

Ta
    Pitch