closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tips for removing scratches

Craftsman

Tips for removing scratches

Does anyone have any pro-tips, or experience with any good products, for removing scratches from the crystal/plexi?!

Watch in question is an old '85 Speedmaster 145.022. Normally they add a spot of charm,.. but there's a couple of big ones on there that are annoying me now!

Quote Originally Posted by csinclair85 View Post
    Does anyone have any pro-tips, or experience with any good products, for removing scratches from the crystal/plexi?!

Watch in question is an old '85 Speedmaster 145.022. Normally they add a spot of charm,.. but there's a couple of big ones on there that are annoying me now!
    If it’s sapphire or similar then it’s a big job involving wet and dry grit paper and a fairly high degree of skill. If it’s plexi then Poly Watch will work but be careful. I did the same and a combination of the pressure you apply to deeper scratches and the heat generated by the action cracked the plexi and I had to have it replaced anyway.

Craftsman
    I've had great results with a bottle of cerium oxide from Amazon and a microfiber cloth on my hesalite Speedy. Takes a while by hand but produces great results.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk