closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pam subs

Pam subs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the pricing is eye-watering, but quite a few look good. I like the novel idea of offering experiences with the Limited Edition variants - though for the 20k premiums you'd expect as much!!!

Journeyman
    Cool looking designs but I feel a bit too much on the fashion side.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    the blue/gray 42mm is really nice... shame about the pricing but with the right discount I'd consider one...

Craftsman
    The second one down looks fantastic ,hope I win the lottery this weekend

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I'm in love with the 959 (the 42mm with "shark-grey" dial), and I'll be first in the queue when they become available. I really liked the colors of the Guillaume Nery edition, so I'm super happy to see the same in watch that I can actually wear.

I like the new design language of the 984 and 985 - the sandwich indices work really well. But I can't help feeling that these watches would benefit from not having a date (oh, and being 42mm as well 😉).

Looks like my 682 will be up for sale when the 959 is available!

simon

Craftsman
    Have to agree, panerai pricing is a turn off

Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    I'm in love with the 959 (the 42mm with "shark-grey" dial), and I'll be first in the queue when they become available. I really liked the colors of the Guillaume Nery edition, so I'm super happy to see the same in watch that I can actually wear.

I like the new design language of the 984 and 985 - the sandwich indices work really well. But I can't help feeling that these watches would benefit from not having a date (oh, and being 42mm as well ).

Looks like my 682 will be up for sale when the 959 is available!

simon
    Bumping this up with one interesting piece of information on the movement from ablogtowatch -

One key difference between the three new 42mm models and the older 682 is what’s inside. While the older reference carried a P.9010 three-day movement, these new Submersibles house the caliber OP XXXIV, a Richemont Group-developed automatic movement tailored specifically for Panerai with a date and three-day power reserve. It’s a relatively simple movement, comprising nearly 30 fewer components and lacking the zero-reset and independently adjustable hour hand found in other 9000 series automatic movements.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/panerai-luminor-submersible-42mm-pam00683-pam00959-pam00959-watches/

So Panerai have cheapened up the movement it seems and probably jacked up the price?

Journeyman
    I really like the dial of America´s Cup version from the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Bumping this up with one interesting piece of information on the movement from ablogtowatch -

One key difference between the three new 42mm models and the older 682 is what’s inside. While the older reference carried a P.9010 three-day movement, these new Submersibles house the caliber OP XXXIV, a Richemont Group-developed automatic movement tailored specifically for Panerai with a date and three-day power reserve. It’s a relatively simple movement, comprising nearly 30 fewer components and lacking the zero-reset and independently adjustable hour hand found in other 9000 series automatic movements.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/panerai-luminor-submersible-42mm-pam00683-pam00959-pam00959-watches/

So Panerai have cheapened up the movement it seems and probably jacked up the price?
    I am sorry this is sooo BAD.
    I have owned a couple of Panerais and were always concerned about the fact that whatever it is, IMHO, they are a Richemont Homage to a piece of Watch History (they are only about 300 genuine Panerais (pre 1993/97) with Rolex or Angelus movements. Being of Italian origins, I so wanted to love them, but they make it very hard for a watch aficionado to do so.
    WTH is this collection about??? Fashion??? for £20k.
    I guess the markets dictates it, but to be honest it is a horrible piece of Veblen . Less quality, less taste, more color for way much more $$$

I passionately hate the brand now....

I'll get my coat....

Quote Originally Posted by pacchi View Post
    I am sorry this is sooo BAD.
    I have owned a couple of Panerais and were always concerned about the fact that whatever it is, IMHO, they are a Richemont Homage to a piece of Watch History (they are only about 300 genuine Panerais (pre 1993/97) with Rolex or Angelus movements. Being of Italian origins, I so wanted to love them, but they make it very hard for a watch aficionado to do so.
    WTH is this collection about??? Fashion??? for £20k.
    I guess the markets dictates it, but to be honest it is a horrible piece of Veblen . Less quality, less taste, more color for way much more $$$

I passionately hate the brand now....

I'll get my coat....
    You can also make a distinction from when Richemont bought them to when they started going in-house. The sad thing was, the first in-house watches like the 233 were exceptional. All downhill since then in too many releases, too many SEs, cheapening the whole in-house, snap-on cheapened construction and overall quite confusing.

I have 2 left - a 111 and 190. I thought the 682 was one of the best recent releases from Panerai, but these short-cuts are not good at all.

I have the 1389 Amagnetic Sub with the blue second hand, which I love. The list price on these watches is a little eye watering now!! I'm pretty certain my first Panerai 44mm I bought in 1999 was just over £1000!

Master
    I have a couple of steel 44mm subs which I much prefer to just about anything that was released this year. And selling both would not realise enough to buy the cheapest new release.
    I love the brand, huge fan, but not sure where they're going.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    I’ve been a massive Panerai fan and still have a titanium base in my collection, but these all look a bit toy-ish...

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve been a massive Panerai fan and still have a titanium base in my collection, but these all look a bit toy-ish...

Craftsman
    Its the date window that gets me, why would a date be necessary while diving?

Quote Originally Posted by Allwatches View Post
    Can you please ask Rolex that question too?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Can you please ask Rolex that question too?
    I haven't been in the sea this century and I know the answer to this question

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I haven't been in the sea this century and I know the answer to this question
    Please, no spoilers!!!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Really?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Divers have the right to know what day it is too

Why is a dive watch necessary for non-divers?

Craftsman
    Haha fair point, what I meant is I would've preferred the watch without the date is all :P

Craftsman
    Gee - I own a PAM 24 that I bought used for about $4000 almost exactly 7 years ago. I still wear it all the time and even though it's seen some hard use, I wouldn't trade it for any of the watches pictured above.

Sometimes it seems that most of the older/original models don't get much attention, since they keep coming out with new/limited edition models every year. But as someone who owns 3 PAMS, I have to say most of the new ones do nothing for me.

A watch brand that got me watches. Really wanted about 8years and lucky enough to pick a 560 last year. To me one of the last produced, relatively good price 2nd hand Panerai to own. Sandwich base dial, 44mm, in house 8 day movement (touch wood no issues) and prefer over ETA, screw bars & screw in case back. From what I see now from the brand in sky high prices & corners being cut on cost. Shame for the fans, but I guess business is business. Glad I have mine and will most likely never sell it, but doubt I’ll have another new model (unless they magically produce a like for like 44mm 372).

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I really like a lot of these but the pricing is out of my league.

Pretty scandalous as well that the movement has been downgraded and the price increased in the 42mm

Was a new Bronzo released ? Haven’t seen anything about this.

Master
    Bingo.... Bronzo

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    Bingo.... Bronzo
    Looks awesome.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    why Is there nothing mentioned about this at SIHH Or have I missed something ??

Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    why Is there nothing mentioned about this at SIHH Or have I missed something ??
    Probably some sort of embargo for the official release at a later date. Panerai have done this a few times, I don't know why, but hey ho.