closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lemania Mark 3

Apprentice

Lemania Mark 3

I have a Lemania 2 button Mk 3. Numbers on the back are 0552/924-3306 4348/75. From what I can work out it a RNAS aviators watch from 1975. Can anyone advise me where I could get this watched repaired as it's stopped working. Had it for about 40 years and for most of that time it's just sat in my bedside draw.

Apprentice
    Last edited by PeterH; 14th January 2019 at 11:53.

Craftsman
    You could try John Senior through his website (below). He is officially retired but is generally regarded as one of the most knowledgable of watch repairers when it comes to military watches. He might take it on you never know. Good luck
    http://www.obsoletewatchandclockparts.com

Blog Entries
    Welcome here!

There are quite a few proper watch restorers here on the forum. On of them: member Richie_101 here on the forum. You can contact him. Have a look at this: http://thewatchspotblog.com for an impression of his work and contact details.

And oh... we don't mind looking at pics of your Lemania! So if you happen to have a few pics...

Menno

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Welcome here!

There are quite a few proper watch restorers here on the forum. On of them: member Richie_101 here on the forum. You can contact him. Have a look at this: http://thewatchspotblog.com for an impression of his work and contact details.

And oh... we don't mind looking at pics of your Lemania! So if you happen to have a few pics...

Menno
    Menno, thanks for the info. After watching Antiques Roadshow last night I thought I ought to dig out my watch and do some research. Bit shocked to find out its a bit rare. I've managed to attach some images but just as attachments, not sure how to get them to come up in the message

Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    Menno, thanks for the info. After watching Antiques Roadshow last night I thought I ought to dig out my watch and do some research. Bit shocked to find out its a bit rare. I've managed to attach some images but just as attachments, not sure how to get them to come up in the message

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I'd overlooked the links to the pics.

Adding pictures: Since the bizarre move of Photobucket to ask a fortune for storage, I've been using Postimage ever since, in combination with this forum's Tapatalk page. That way you can load pics on your phone directly to the Tapatalk app.

Apart from the pics, it's always nice to hear (read) more about the watch. Especially the MoD's Crow's Foot makes it an interesting watch to learn more about! In general: we like to read as much as possible about watches! Don't hold back.

Menno

Apprentice
    The watch came into my possession from my dad who was a traffic cop. He'd stopped a guy going the wrong way round a roundabout in Colchester. They got chatting and he mentioned he was a bit lost leaving a military sale. My dad ended up with this watch for a few quid and gave it to me as I was in the RAF at the time. Worn it on and off over the years, last time Goodwood Revival in 2014 with my old uniform. It since stopped so I'd like to get it fixed.

Blog Entries
    The watch came into my possession from my dad who was a traffic cop. He'd stopped a guy going the wrong way round a roundabout in Colchester. They got chatting and he mentioned he was a bit lost leaving a military sale. My dad ended up with this watch for a few quid and gave it to me as I was in the RAF at the time. Worn it on and off over the years, last time Goodwood Revival in 2014 with my old uniform. It since stopped so I'd like to get it fixed.
    Now that's the sort of stories we like! There are a number of planes (RAF) enthusiasts here on the forum. Just mention the words 'Vulcan Bomber' over in the George and Dragon of the forum and you have their attention!

Perhaps it is good to post a few pics of the watch a few subforums up as well: the Watch Talk pages of the forum. Not everybody visits the BMW pages on a regular basis.

Can anyone advise me where I could get this watched repaired as it's stopped working.
    Andy Leftley

http://www.timeworldservices.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yep, Andy Leftley. He's particularly good on Lemanias & has a special interest in them

Master
    Blog Entries
    This is my single pusher from 1963