closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Holiday? April half term, any ideas?

Holiday? April half term, any ideas?

Hello,

I hope someone out out there can help me!

I took my parents to New York last year for my mums 70th, needless to say, they loved every minute.

My dads 70th is in May and looking to take them, my sister, misses and my 8y/o daughter away.
    Ive been through all the opinions and I've come to Dubai. I've been a fair few times but when I was younger and all I did was party. I've read a few threads here about Dubai and now I'm not so sure.

Discounted Jamaica, Cuba & Mexico. Ideally more of a gesture than some European all inclusive.

Any help would be very much appreciated, I'm going around in circles!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Safari type holiday?
    One of my customers owns a lodge in the Masai. That would be a memorable week!

Orlando / Florida ?

Jerusalem, Istanbul, St Petersburg, Hong Kong, Tokyo? Good shout re safari, perhaps something off beaten track like Kenya, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Cambodia or Vietnam?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Craftsman
    Istanbul is a good shout - a fantastic city. I wouldn't bother with Dubai, it's a soulless place IME.

Master
    How about Thailand? Going there myself (with the family) for April half term, can't wait.

The G&D is not for politics but if I was booking a holiday for April I would make sure the insurance on it was absolutely rock-solid and read the exclusions policy.

Dubai is good and has lots to do but it’s very manufactured, theme parks, water parks, snow dome. But not a place to have a wander round and explore.

What did you want to do? Sit by a pool, beech or explore and see something’s or a mixture? Do you like animals?

Cape Town is a great destination as you can travel round and do different things. Mauritius is also good, Thailand, Indonesia or India can also be really fun but depends on how mobile your parents are and if they want an adventure.

Thanks for the suggestions, I love the idea of a Safari and it's on the list but we only have a week and I feel we would need longer.

Its RS hard trying to please everyone. My misses, daughter and mum will be happy by a pool but my dad will want some adventure. I thought the desert safari in Dubai, Skydive, windsurfing etc would work.

Master
    As you only have a week you probably wouldn't want to fly for more than seven or eight hours so the Middle East is probably as far as you would want to go. Have to agree with a previous post that Dubai is a bit souless, Abu Dhabi is a bit better but have a look at Fujairah as it will have similar activities but without all the bling of Dubai. Plus you could probably do a day trip to Dubai if you wanted to have a look.

Oman is another option, my wife and I were planning on going until the money had to go elsewhere (no not on watches). Has some nice hotels and trips into the mountains. Morocco is also good. We've been to Fez a few times and it is lovely but if sitting on a beach is needed then Essaouira might be worth a look.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    Dubai is good and has lots to do but it’s very manufactured, theme parks, water parks, snow dome. But not a place to have a wander round and explore.

What did you want to do? Sit by a pool, beech or explore and see something’s or a mixture? Do you like animals?

Cape Town is a great destination as you can travel round and do different things. Mauritius is also good, Thailand, Indonesia or India can also be really fun but depends on how mobile your parents are and if they want an adventure.
    I would have mentioned Cape Town but I have no experience of it - but I've always wanted to go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJS View Post
    I would have mentioned Cape Town but I have no experience of it - but I've always wanted to go.
    Yes, CT would be great. However, I'm not sure about the weather in CT in April: heading towards the Southern Hemisphere's winter.