closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 16660 Prices... ?

16660 Prices... ?

Evening all,

I was hoping to get some input on the current prices of a matte dial triple 6 from those that have keen sense of where these are?

This year I am going to try very hard to consolidate a bit and I have a real hankering for a SeaDweller. A DRSD would mean far too much consolidation for my liking, a GW could well be a contender... but I really like what the matte dial triple 6’s offer.

Any idea what I could realistically be looking at for a good, original example?

Many Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheapest 16660 in Chrono24.com is 7200 dollars.
    https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/seadw...-id9722538.htm

The most expensive is almost 30.000 dollars.
    https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/1983-...-id9687661.htm

With paperwork they all seem to be over 10.000 dollars (8700 pounds) in Chrono24.

Both 16660 and 16600 prices have gone up recently. Not as much as 16710 but they're not getting any cheaper I'm afraid.
    Last edited by JPE; 13th January 2019 at 21:19.

Thanks... That is much appreciated but it was the 16660 with the matte dial specifically though that I was enquiring about. I haven’t completely ruled out an early tritium 16600 but the triple 6 is doing it for me at the moment. Seems to be trickier to gauge a genuine going rate, was hoping some may have a good idea of a `proper` price rather than an optimistic ‘asking’ price, seems they aren’t that far behind a GW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    For a UK located watch, WF have a 2004 with B&P for just over £6,500. Size might not be to everyone’s tastes these days but, with new prices as they are, looks good value. As JPE says, might be some upside value as well as being IMHO an absolutely classic professional Rolex.

EDIT: Sorry, think I answered the wrong question as well.
    Last edited by David_D; 13th January 2019 at 21:40.

I also misread it and thought he asked about 16600 but it was the "triple six". Edited my original reply.

Yeah the Dwellers are definitely going up. That sucks but it's unavoidable. There must be what... 50 times LESS SD's than Subs on the market. It has never been a big seller and all Rolex hardcores love the watch... Including me... bought mine just recently.

Haven't worn my 16610 Sub and 16710 even once after my 16600 purchase... SD is just a little bit nicer with mightier wrist presence. I should have bought it much earlier.

Craftsman
    Yes a great watch, old school looks but a daily wearer , I would like to know the current price too of a matte 666 with all the accessories , papers and box.

thanks

Craftsman
    The matte dial 666 is a loverly watch ... here’s mine with my sd50

I’ve no idea what the market price is either these days.

Bulang and sons have one for sale. No affiliation!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoodles View Post
    Bulang and sons have one for sale. No affiliation!
    Yeah, I’ve had a bit of back and forth with them about that one... I won’t get much change out of £14k for that. Nice looking watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I sold my lovely silver guilt version on this forum for £5.5K - full set and beautiful patina. I know it wasn’t a matt dial but it was a beaut.

That’s sounds like something I’d be all over... got another spare in the back of the drawer?!

I was looking for one a few years back and prices were around the £6k-£7k mark. I did notice that most of the usual dealers didn't seem to get them in stock, but places like Watches of Distiction did. They had 3 in a very short space of time.

That one at Bulang looks a stunner.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    That’s sounds like something I’d be all over... got another spare in the back of the drawer?!

Sorry no. But I have a picture you can see

Have you noticed that some triple sixes have bulkier crown guards than the other Dwellers (like that one in Martyn's picture). Is it tied to certain model series only?

Blog Entries
    ^^^^^

I stand to be corrected but that is a sign of heavy polishing of the crown guards (maybe elsewhere) - once taken away can’t really be replaced. It took me a while to find a decent unpolished one.

Nope.

This is a photograph of my friend's MINT 16600 when it was brand spankin' new. The crown guards on 16600 are thinner for sure.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I sold my lovely silver guilt version on this forum for £5.5K - full set and beautiful patina. I know it wasn’t a matt dial but it was a beaut.
    That seems cheap to me. The silver hour marker version is a bit of an underdog and something of a sleeper. Most people either do not know what mine is or assume it is a 16600.

These older Rolex pieces are extremely difficult to price now.

I have a white 1978 1680. I'm curious to know how much it's worth but the more research I do the more confused I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    These older Rolex pieces are extremely difficult to price now.

I have a white 1978 1680. I'm curious to know how much it's worth but the more research I do the more confused I get.
    10k plus for full set these the finally caught back up as they seem lagging behind the 5513 for years

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk