So the time has come to start thinking about selling my B8 RS4, I absolutely love the car and its got almost every extra from new you could think of but with increased mileage at work and a baby on the way I feel we should get some thing more practical as lets be honest the RS4 is anything but that. I also own the car outright now and my plan from the sale is to put the money in to the property market and continue to grow my BTL portfolio.

This means I will be on the look out for a good PCP deal on something along the lines of a SQ5, X5 40d/M50d, Cayenne diesel etc.

I will probably PCP my next couple of cars and then in a few years go back to the normal car loan route but at the moment my focus is really investing money rather than paying loans off on a car which is depreciating.

There is a few petrol heads on here so I am looking for advice, I think the above cars can all be bought reasonably on a PCP deal (with a few thousand down), relatively cheap to run in comparison to what I pay now and still have a bit of power and luxury. My head is saying the SQ5 as it works out the cheapest per month, lowest insurance and probably the quickest one however the only thing putting me off is the looks, most of the time I find it hard to spot the difference between a normal S-Line and an SQ5 until you see the quad exhausts at the back, however I can overlook that and think of the value for money.

Secondly is the X5 or Cayenne, is the M50d worth paying more for over the 40d?
I love the look of these and my feeling is the M50d will keep its value much better so on a PCP could be a good option for future value?
The Cayenne again is a lovely car, I would probably have to go for the 3.0d rather than 4.2 but my last car was a 911 and I love the build quality on a Porsche and would happily step back in side one long term.

Another option is the Range Rover Sport or Vogue which I looked at last year however I cant get the reliability issues out my head. We will probably be driving to Spain at least once in the next 12-18 months and last thing I was is a break down with a young baby in the car!

What are your thoughts?
It is tempting to go for an RS6 or something equally as crazy but I would like a break from high running costs while I put money into other projects for the next few years.