closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The obligatory new car thread

Porsche Macan. I bought a new one after the PCP on our M3 ended. The Macan is sublime. Needed room for newly acquired dogs.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by AsifG View Post
    I've had a B7 RS4 before and may be looking to get into a B8 soon so when you get closer to making a decision it may be worth us having a chat!

I will certainly give you a shout in a couple of months or feel free to send me a message when you are ready.

Just had the Audi serviced last Thursday, they pointed out the front tyres are getting low so I have some new Continental to go on when I get time.
    It would make a great car for someone as there really isn't anything it needs and its kitted out with almost every extra.

New X5 looks crap. Get the Velar now that they've ironed out the kinks or wait for the SVR version in a couple of months. Residuals much better than the BMW so not too scary on a PCP and just a more premium car all round

Journeyman
    Hi Ryan
    How’s the Velar? I’m considering the P300 HSE or X5m50d and it would be good to hear your views a year or so on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeeboy View Post
    Hi Ryan
    How’s the Velar? I’m considering the P300 HSE or X5m50d and it would be good to hear your views a year or so on...

I think he hates it from comments made during the last twelve months.

Journeyman
    Ah, ok I’ll do more searching

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeeboy View Post
    Ah, ok I’ll do more searching

Ha! Actually it is a beautiful car with a superb cabin. I just don't like driving as a rule and so what sold the Velar to me was the tech - it kind of drives itself on the motorways and I specced the t*ts off it so it does all the massagey stuff to make me feel at home in a car. Super comfy and lovely place to be. HSE is the spec plus I added a load of stuff on top.

The one pitfall? It is a barsteward on the petrol (I bought the petrol version) but then it is a large-ish car. So if you want a really nice looking, comfortable car then I've not seen anything better at that size.

It did need an electronics repair within 6 months which was a surprise as Range Rovers are known for never needing fixes done;)

For that class of car I'd choose the same again. I just hardly drive so for the 900-odd quid it costs me each month (includes residential parking and insurance charges) then having done 5500 miles in 17 months the maths don't really work out.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Ha! Actually it is a beautiful car with a superb cabin. I just don't like driving as a rule and so what sold the Velar to me was the tech - it kind of drives itself on the motorways and I specced the t*ts off it so it does all the massagey stuff to make me feel at home in a car. Super comfy and lovely place to be. HSE is the spec plus I added a load of stuff on top.

The one pitfall? It is a barsteward on the petrol (I bought the petrol version) but then it is a large-ish car. So if you want a really nice looking, comfortable car then I've not seen anything better at that size.

It did need an electronics repair within 6 months which was a surprise as Range Rovers are known for never needing fixes done;)

For that class of car I'd choose the same again. I just hardly drive so for the 900-odd quid it costs me each month (includes residential parking and insurance charges) then having done 5500 miles in 17 months the maths don't really work out.
    Thanks Ryan, really useful info to read!
    Fuel isn’t an issue coming from an m5 (!) but that’s not being used at all so at least an SUV is useful for practical family runs. Reviews say the screens stay free of fingerprints for mere seconds before looking grubby, but I do like the cabin styling..