closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A few questions( Rolex Explorer II )

Craftsman

A few questions( Rolex Explorer II )

I have been offered an Explorer II but im worried about a few things.

The crystal has a small scratch- how much is this to replace and can an independant get hold of them to replace or is it a Rolex job?

Also i have been offered it at a good price depending on the cost of a crystal and possibly a service as well however this makes me nervous. I have asked for the serial number but can i check its legit from that and also that its not stolen or anything. I trust the guy who is offering it to me but he bought it from another person( unknown) and doubt he would do any real checks before buying as he sees something he just buys it. He doesnt wear it now and wants to sell on to buy something he will wear. Cheers.

I would suggest you take the watch to a Rolex AD to get it authenticated first if you have any doubts.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    What's a good price?

Crystal is a Rolex or accredited Rolex info job.

The serial number is not a sure fire way of authenticity as you can no longer check this with Rolex.

Unless you are 100% of its authenticity I would tread with caution, especially as you say your friend would have been less cautious when buying.

Craftsman

Rolex

Your right if i have doubts i should walk away and decided although no doubts the seller is genuine then i cant be sure of the history of the watch so im going to leave it. Thanks.

I think you made a wise decision. Bit of patience and the right watch will come along.

Master
    I recently had a service and crystal replaced on a 42mm EXP2 and the cost was on the region of 700 pounds. Rolex will not replace a crystal without a service.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk