closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hope i am back

Craftsman

Hope i am back

Hi guys
    Well i have not
    Been around for a while due to bad life changes. Firstl in july of 2017 my dear wife died after 35years of marridge. Then my depression got worse in jun 2018 i was rushed into hospitalwith blood count doun to 3.8. Ihave been told that its not going to get better.i now spend everyp day in bed . cant move much and see 10 carers a day i am in re eipt of what they call palitive care. Let me just say i am not convinced i am going to die from this.have tried to get back into my watches but its been hard. I have had move homesand finding stuff is hard. Anyway hope u are all wellwill try to contrebute when i can. Blood count is now at 8.5ishregards9 to all sangman

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear of your troubles, I am a GREAT believer in " it's not over til it's over" so you keep battling and get better.

mike

Welcome back and so sorry to hear of your woes, I hope you’re on the way to recovery.
    Last edited by JasonM; 13th January 2019 at 10:21.

Welcome back and sorry to hear of your loss too.

Great to see you back.

Journeyman

Puts most of our daily moans into perspective!!!

Good luck

Master
    Sorry about your health. Hopefully you make strong progress. Whereabouts are you?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Can you PM me your address? I have a lovely watch book I would like to give you. Being cooped up in bed can get tiresome so perhaps it will alleviate the boredom a bit and put a smile on your face

Master
    Best of luck for the future with everything, I hope you feel a little better as each day passes.
    Best wishes.

Best of luck with your health and I hope the trivia of this forum provides a welcome distraction for you 👍

Master
    Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear of your wife's passing.
    You seem to have the right attitude toward your own situation. Positive thought is an amazingly powerful medicine.

Great to see you back on here too.

All the best.

Sorry to hear about your wife's passing and your general condition, but welcome back

I am sorry to read of your loss and troubles fella. Welcome back.

You sound very positive which is good i.e. 'don't let the buggers get you down'. When we're ill it's often due to a weakened/compromised immune system … an immune system which can be strengthened to get the body into a better 'illness fighting' condition. Currently there's lots of research going on throughout the world investigating the importance of a healthy 'microbiome', which if too weak in an individual, compromises the body's ability to maintain 'wellness' and recover from illness. An individual's microbiome can be strengthened to improve the immune system and maintain healthy blood counts. These links explain:

https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-hum...ur-microbiome/

https://www.betternutrition.com/feat...icrobiome-diet

https://www.drnorthrup.com/how-to-im...iome-in-a-day/

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...e-gut-bacteria

… and there are many other similar internet articles available if you Google 'Improve microbiome'

Unfortunately there are many GPs and medical practitioners who still live in the mid 20th C and who are ignorant of recent microbiome research and the microbiome's importance in maintaining a healthy immune system.

Wishing you wellness and stay positive in your outlook

dunk
    Last edited by sundial; 13th January 2019 at 11:45.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Sorry about your health. Hopefully you make strong progress. Whereabouts are you?

I am in dundee scotland

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sangman View Post
    I am in dundee scotland
    Home of Dennis and Minnie!

Sorry to hear of your loss and welcome back to the forum.

I have found that a focus on something that in the general scheme of things is of no great consequence can be quite therapeutic. Over the course of a number of significant and at times unpleasant life events I have continued to log on here and mess about with watches, it has been an excellent diversion.

The link between our mental and physical wellbeing is now commonly accepted - I am sure that your positive attitude will really help you with all of this.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

Welcome back. I'm sorry you have had what sounds like quite a lot for one person to endure in such a short time.

Stay positive.

Very best wishes.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Hi Sangman

I hope you're back as well. Although I don't know you, like I guess everyone on this forum, we all have a common bond in that we get so obsessed with watches that we endlessly talk (rant to be more precise) about them, question other people's choices and generally give our opinions and thoughts on everything horological. It's a great obsession and I for one love hearing other people's opinions about something that is both so important and also so trivial to those that 'don't know'.

Nothing can make up for the loss of your wife, but even the meerest flicker of the slightest interest in watches again will lead to something that can at least divert your thoughts for a few minutes a day.

On the subject of being a bit bed bound, I've had the same thing a couple of times in the last few years (broken legs and complications from a rather nasty and long running thing) and found a good way of helping the boredom and generally down in the dumps feeling was to think up the most stupid and incomprehensible things to say to anyone that dared suggest I cheer up.

Here's my top thing to say, 'can you ask the fox to stop sitting on the window ledge licking his lips'. Takes about three repetitions on different days before the nurse suspects you might have a loose screw. Helps if your bedroom is a few floors up.

edit: now I think about it, and if you fancy trying, then with a few more good suggestions from other TZers, and your best acting, we might be able to get something quite good running. Got to be a Dundee cake phrase that'll really get them going.
    Last edited by LorneG; 18th January 2019 at 19:37.