closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thinking of flipping my gmt for sea dweller

Apprentice

Thinking of flipping my gmt for sea dweller

I currently have a gmt master 2c and a omega man on the moon. I basically only wear the rolex on holiday and the omega is my daily watch usually and after wearing the 42mm omega for so long i am now thinking flip the 40mm gmt and get the new biggr sea dweller. Have a good friend who wants to buy my gmt right away its a 2015 model and pretty mint condition i would say. What would be a fair good price for both of us ? And how long roughly are waiting times for the new red sea dweller?

Craftsman
    I've been waiting 18 months for my sea-dweller!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    I've been waiting 18 months for my sea-dweller!
    Omg didnt think the wait time was that long. Was hoping 3-6 months. Mightjust paythe premium seen some for little over 10k

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GmtOR View Post
    Omg didnt think the wait time was that long. Was hoping 3-6 months. Mightjust paythe premium seen some for little over 10k
    One of my colleagues enquired at the canary wharf AD last month and was told it would be a 2.5 year wait!

The standard sea-dweller deepsea was a 4-5 month wait at the same AD

Most AD’s won’t even add you to a waiting list for the SD-43 so a grey or pre-owned might be your best option.
    P.

I was thinking of doing a similar thing with my Hulk LVc and for same size reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Most AD’s won’t even add you to a waiting list for the SD-43 so a grey or pre-owned might be your best option.
    P.
    My local AD would not add me to the list even though I have bought many watches from them.
    I also love this watch and I have seen the prices drop to just under 10k on the grey market.

Craftsman
    I saw a mint, full set 2016 GMT just before xmas from a dealer for £6,750, as it's a friend you're selling to I think 6k is a fair price indeed :)

Not trying to spoil the thread but I wouldn't,

n2
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Not trying to spoil the thread but I wouldn't,

n2
    Agreed, I’d keep the GMT personally.
    Op, have you tried on a new Sea-Dweller? I find my GMT BLNR much more comfortable and a better size, but it’s all personal.

I think the new Seadweller is the best rolex sports model they’ve ever made. I have 7.25 -7.5 wrists and larger hands and from a size perspective it’s just perfect. I find the 40mm sports rolex on the smal size, comfortable yes but sometimes I catch a look at them and they just look a little undersized. The splash of red on the dial tops it off.