closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster DSOTM

Master

Speedmaster DSOTM

Anyone got one / had one ???
    Would appreciate your thoughts and opinions as I might have a trade option for one but I have never really looked at them.
    Thanks

Master
    I haven’t, but been seriously considering one recently.
    I have had the GSOTM which is effectively the same watch with a different finish (colouring and dial). Great watch that wears very nicely considering the size. Good to have a ceramic watch that looks as good as new even after years of wear. Nice display back and nice finishing all over and lumed bezel

Very nice - I have a DSOTM, and like it very much - what more do you want, a ceramic watch by Omega - and very light on the strap.

Column wheel Chrono too.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Very nice - I have a DSOTM, and like it very much - what more do you want, a ceramic watch by Omega - and very light on the strap.

Column wheel Chrono too.
    Do you wear yours on a deployant? I've seen pictures of some on the buckle and the strap needs replacing relatively soon due to wear. Wondering if the deployant avoids this. Very cool watch but scared of owning a ceramic.

I've had a DSOTM for a couple of years and like it a lot. It came with the tang buckle but I've subsequently put it on the correct deployant. The ceramic case doesn't have a mark on it and unless you treat it very harshly or have a serious accident it will stay like that.

In my current cull of watches the DSOTM will definitely be staying.

I’ve owned both the DSOTM and the GSOTM, of the two I preferred the GSOTM but ultimately sold both. Great watches though.

Master
    i have the DSOTM Pitch black

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...TM-Pitch-black

really like it, its a keeper for me

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Do you wear yours on a deployant? I've seen pictures of some on the buckle and the strap needs replacing relatively soon due to wear. Wondering if the deployant avoids this. Very cool watch but scared of owning a ceramic.
    I have one of each - I like the look on both the tang and deployant - I probably like the look of the tang best to be honest, but the fold over clasp is great and like most similar Omega clasps only shows a little when closed- but the price difference is a little crazy! I haven't worn either of them out of the house, so only really tried them on, so couldn't say anything about wear on the straps etc. although both straps seem very well. I'm not sure how much abuse you would have to give the tang strap to make it wear out "relatively soon".

Master
    i prefer the tang too i think (had a gsotm in the past) but the pitch black came on deployant,

any idea what the tang costs? i have a spare GSOTM strap that would take a tang

Master
    I had a tang on the GSOTM and the strap did wear although not sure if that was directly related. The Grey was also on a thin alligator whereas the Black is canvas I think and may wear a bit less

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    i prefer the tang too i think (had a gsotm in the past) but the pitch black came on deployant,

any idea what the tang costs? i have a spare GSOTM strap that would take a tang
    Previous thread had some costs on the straps etc. but not sure how they compare to current part prices:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...oon+omega+tang

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Previous thread had some costs on the straps etc. but not sure how they compare to current part prices:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...oon+omega+tang
    thanks!

Master
    I’ve had a DSOTM for over 3 years, I’ve only used the original strap once and have had it on an OE Nato ever since. It’s a very understated watch and have never seen another out in the real world. Would I buy another yes and the only thing I would swop it for is the new sea dweller. I’ve meant to buy one of them for years but never managed it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    THanks for all the replies.
    Will go and have a look at one today and see what I think.

I'll probably end up selling one of mine, but will most likely keep both the Tang and deployant straps.

Trying them on again, I get a better fit with the Tang, but I do like the ease of a fold over clasp. A good quality NATO would be good, and from pics really suits the watch, or something like an all black GasGasBones for a perfect fit.

Master
    I like them, but not at RRP !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app