Most work days I wear my trusty Omega Speedmaster Pro. It's the current version albeit about 3.5 years old now. Until yesterday it was running very well at +3s a day with no known issues. However, getting out the car to put fuel in it I looked to see the time and the crystal had completely fogged/misted over...on the inside! Arrrgghh! I've never got the watch wet, but somehow sometime it's taken in some moisture that I assume has just condensed on the crystal as it hit the cold air.

I have a few questions:

• Is it likely to need a full service (not knowing how long moisture has been in the watch)?
  • Omega quote £550 and a local independent quoted £495. I'm a bit loathe to spend this much if I can help it, given the watch won't have much wear or need any parts (I hope) apart from gaskets. Are there any Omega-experienced people or organisations that might be cheaper?
  • Is there anyone else that might be able to dry out and inspect the watch and service it for a more acceptable price? I'm not tight, but in my head an Omega service would be a bit cheaper than this! Can the usual independent watchmakers help out or are Omega parts now restricted as they are for Rolex?

I did a search but didn't find the answers I was looking for.

Thanks

Ant