closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Miyota 8215 advice

Craftsman

Miyota 8215 advice

I was given a new watch by my in-laws which was extremely kind of them. The watch in question houses a miyota 8215 and the rotor noise is quite simply awful. Every movement of the wrist yeilds rotor motion that can be both heard and felt. I know that this is common complaint with this movement but I really didn't expect anything as bad as this. I wondered if other people have had it settle down with use or success with adding some moebius to the rotor mechanism for or if I should just remove the rotor all together and leave it as a manual wind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    I was given a new watch by my in-laws which was extremely kind of them. The watch in question houses a miyota 8215 and the rotor noise is quite simply awful. Every movement of the wrist yeilds rotor motion that can be both heard and felt. I know that this is common complaint with this movement but I really didn't expect anything as bad as this. I wondered if other people have had it settle down with use or success with adding some moebius to the rotor mechanism for or if I should just remove the rotor all together and leave it as a manual wind?
    I experienced loud Miyota winding in an Everest and also found it off-putting. I didn't have the watch for too long but it never settled down. If you can get into the watch, the winding rotor seems to be retained by only one screw, so potentially it could be a DIY job at home, assuming you have the tools, skills and resolve. Good luck!

Have had a few 8215s and never had a noisy rotor in any of them (and they all keep consistently excellent time BTW). As above - could be that the rotor is loose.

Never had a problem with that movement, and the two Watches I currently have with that movement are far from noisy.
    Your problem could be due to a lack of lubrication.