closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Why has my Apple Watch

Master

Why has my Apple Watch

Started calling me by my daughters name?
    When my watch gives me a prompt to close my rings (snigger) it’s my daughters name that comes up on the screen.
    She’s never used the watch, and her own phone is a Samsung and not connected to the watch.
    It’s baffling me. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Craftsman
    Try checking it’s got your name in the watch app on your iPhone.

Tap on My Watch to access the Watch-specific settings.
    Tap on General, then About, then name.
    Does it show your name? If not try changing it.
    Tap Done on the keyboard when finished.

Has she logged into any associated products? ie iPad etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a new marketing approach by Apple. You never truly own an Apple watch, you simply look after it for the next generation.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    It's a new marketing approach by Apple. You never truly own an Apple watch, you simply look after it for the next generation.

How very PP !

B

If your daughter shares your iTunes/iCloud account for another device, iPad etc. then she may have changed the name on that device and this may filter through to others. Myself and my wife used the same iTunes/iCloud account and it was a nightmare separating out our two iPhones, we were getting each others texts and facetimes etc. In the end I created a separate iTunes account for myself and jumped through many hoops and we're mostly, though not completely, separated on the iPhone front now.

This may not be the cause of your issues but thought I'd mention, just in case. Cheers.

Master
    It could possibly be my old iPad. I’ll have to check. Definitely not my phone (which the watch is connected to) because my name comes up on that.

Master
    Ok, this is getting even more confusing. Below is a screenshot of a photo i was going to airdrop to my ipad from my iPhone.

It shows the JP which are my initials but below that it says Tanisha, but my iPad name is Ivor’s iPad, not my daughters name.
    I don’t use apple cloud and my daughter doesn’t have her own apple account anyway as she’s only 10.
    This is baffling me.

Master
    Doesn’t that just mean her iPad is in range and you can share files with it via airdrop?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Doesn’t that just mean her iPad is in range and you can share files with it via airdrop?
    We do have an iPad mini too but the name on that one is simply ipad2

The name shown in AirDrop and used by Siri is the one marked as “me” in the Contacts app. Open Contacts and look for the one with “me” in grey text on the right hand side. That is the one being used to show the name on the iPhone.

You can change which is “me” by opening Settings, selecting Siri & Search then choosing the correct contact by selecting My Information.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    The name shown in AirDrop and used by Siri is the one marked as “me” in the Contacts app. Open Contacts and look for the one with “me” in grey text on the right hand side. That is the one being used to show the name on the iPhone.

You can change which is “me” by opening Settings, selecting Siri & Search then choosing the correct contact by selecting My Information.
    That has sorted it. Thank you.