closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Submariner / GMT - Where do sensible prices start ?

Hybrid View

I checked yesterday and there are probably 20 EXII 16570 at or below 4k in Chrono24.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I checked yesterday and there are probably 20 EXII 16570 at or below 4k in Chrono24.
    Sorry, I was leaving looking for a white dial with box and papers. £6k seems to be the starting price...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Mclure View Post
    Sorry, I was leaving looking for a white dial with box and papers. £6k seems to be the starting price...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    That must be expensive box and papers. I bought a white dial 16570 without for under £3,400 this week.

Master
    I’ll admit to paying a very reputable dealer a bit over £5k for a 2007 3185 polar with box and papers and Dec 18 Rolex service. I paid a premium, I know, for the comfort of the service and dealer.

£3400 is very good for a loose one, private sale though?

I think high 4s from your average dealer with box and papers but no obvious recent service is doable.

Low to mid 4s for a black one for sure. Miltonaires has a couple of 3186s for high 4s, which seem a bargain to me from such a good dealer.
    Last edited by Berty234; 19th January 2019 at 09:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    I’ll admit to paying a very reputable dealer a bit over £5k for a 2007 3185 polar with box and papers and Dec 18 Rolex service. I paid a premium, I know, for the comfort of the service and dealer.

£3400 is very good for a loose one, private sale though?

I think high 4s from your average dealer with box and papers but no obvious recent service is doable.

Low to mid 4s for a black one for sure. Miltonaires has a couple of 3186s for high 4s, which seem a bargain to me from such a good dealer.
    I think it was a fair price given age and condition.

I think your prices are off, there is a very nice black 16570 with box and warranty papers on SC which has been bumped for a few weeks at £3,800 without sale.

The Explorer II in SC isn't for sale, the owner is looking for an interesting trade. He said he's turned down purchase offers. Also, I think it doesn't have the original warranty card and is the slightly less popular black dial.

From my limited market research 'asking prices' roughly seem to start from:
    - Explorer II - c.£3.5k - £4.5k
    - Subs - £4.5k - £5.5k
    - GMTs (Coke/Pepsi) - £5.5k - £6.5k

In all cases, dealer prices start at the higher end, and B&P 'full sets' can add about 25%. Factors such as condition, ownership history, originality, Rolex service history, inclusion of bracelet, location, private sales, etc, all have a +/- influence on the true value.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geneve View Post
    The Explorer II in SC isn't for sale, the owner is looking for an interesting trade. He said he's turned down purchase offers. Also, I think it doesn't have the original warranty card and is the slightly less popular black dial.

From my limited market research 'asking prices' roughly seem to start from:
    - Explorer II - c.£3.5k - £4.5k
    - Subs - £4.5k - £5.5k
    - GMTs (Coke/Pepsi) - £5.5k - £6.5k

In all cases, dealer prices start at the higher end, and B&P 'full sets' can add about 25%. Factors such as condition, ownership history, originality, Rolex service history, inclusion of bracelet, location, private sales, etc, all have a +/- influence on the true value.
    I think that’s a very accurate summary, lower end of those scales being a real bargain and the higher with b&p premium being dealer/buy the seller comfort prices

Craftsman
    As others have said, try a local AD and you might get lucky and bag a new ND sub for retail. I've not seen any non bi metal GMT in an AD for a very long time.

If there is a concern about wearing the value I'd agree that tudor would be a great place to look too, fantastic watches for the money.