closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster DSOTM

Hybrid View

Master

Speedmaster DSOTM

Anyone got one / had one ???
    Would appreciate your thoughts and opinions as I might have a trade option for one but I have never really looked at them.
    Thanks

Master
    I haven’t, but been seriously considering one recently.
    I have had the GSOTM which is effectively the same watch with a different finish (colouring and dial). Great watch that wears very nicely considering the size. Good to have a ceramic watch that looks as good as new even after years of wear. Nice display back and nice finishing all over and lumed bezel

Very nice - I have a DSOTM, and like it very much - what more do you want, a ceramic watch by Omega - and very light on the strap.

Column wheel Chrono too.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Very nice - I have a DSOTM, and like it very much - what more do you want, a ceramic watch by Omega - and very light on the strap.

Column wheel Chrono too.
    Do you wear yours on a deployant? I've seen pictures of some on the buckle and the strap needs replacing relatively soon due to wear. Wondering if the deployant avoids this. Very cool watch but scared of owning a ceramic.

I've had a DSOTM for a couple of years and like it a lot. It came with the tang buckle but I've subsequently put it on the correct deployant. The ceramic case doesn't have a mark on it and unless you treat it very harshly or have a serious accident it will stay like that.

In my current cull of watches the DSOTM will definitely be staying.

I’ve owned both the DSOTM and the GSOTM, of the two I preferred the GSOTM but ultimately sold both. Great watches though.

Master
    I had a tang on the GSOTM and the strap did wear although not sure if that was directly related. The Grey was also on a thin alligator whereas the Black is canvas I think and may wear a bit less

Master
    I’ve had a DSOTM for over 3 years, I’ve only used the original strap once and have had it on an OE Nato ever since. It’s a very understated watch and have never seen another out in the real world. Would I buy another yes and the only thing I would swop it for is the new sea dweller. I’ve meant to buy one of them for years but never managed it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    THanks for all the replies.
    Will go and have a look at one today and see what I think.

I'll probably end up selling one of mine, but will most likely keep both the Tang and deployant straps.

Trying them on again, I get a better fit with the Tang, but I do like the ease of a fold over clasp. A good quality NATO would be good, and from pics really suits the watch, or something like an all black GasGasBones for a perfect fit.

Master
    I like them, but not at RRP !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app