closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Damasko + Page and Cooper

Craftsman

Damasko + Page and Cooper

Just noticed that Damasko are no longer listed on P&C's website. Does this mean Konrad saw sense and fired this shambles of an outfit? Jura are still selling Damasko so it's clearly not a change of sales policy.

The tales of woe about P&C, especially as they relate to Sinn, do not make happy reading!

Hopefully Sinn will move their AD status to a more reliable outlet too.

Craftsman
    At last!!! Possibly the worst company ive ever dealt with .. including Sports Direct.. I emailed Konrad and told him what i thought of them..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Was told recently who is getting the franchise in place of P & C. Not sure I can say too much but I know it will be well received. Also not sure when it will become effective. I had thought it would be 1st Oct but clearly not.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    At last!!! Possibly the worst company ive ever dealt with .. including Sports Direct.. I emailed Konrad and told him what i thought of them..

Same here .

Too much focus on fancy branding and making self-adoring YouTube videos rather than getting the basics of business right. It's a house of cards.

Chronomaster has to be the obvious choice. Sure the website doesn't have the slick boutique look (read: a black background), but the number of people who sing Neil's praises surely proves his ability.

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Too much focus on fancy branding and making self-adoring YouTube videos rather than getting the basics of business right. It's a house of cards.

Chronomaster has to be the obvious choice. Sure the website doesn't have the slick boutique look (read: a black background), but the number of people who sing Neil's praises surely proves his ability.
    Neil would be a good choice .He has dealt Sinn for years .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    Neil would be a good choice .He has dealt Sinn for years .
    +1 - Bought a number of Sinn over the years from Neil, always a pleasure to deal with and normally slightly better on pricing.

Craftsman
    Didn't Neil used to sell Damasko or did I imagine that?

I had to contact them recently along the lines of "My Damasko watch has broken within warranty and P&C are not really helping me fix it, can you help?" which can't have looked very good from their POV. Probably a good move for them to look elsewhere, it's a great brand and would be a shame if it suffered due to the retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    Didn't Neil used to sell Damasko or did I imagine that?

I had to contact them recently along the lines of "My Damasko watch has broken within warranty and P&C are not really helping me fix it, can you help?" which can't have looked very good from their POV. Probably a good move for them to look elsewhere, it's a great brand and would be a shame if it suffered due to the retailer.
    Eddie was Damasko's UK AD a while ago. Both of mine came from him in 2006 and 2009 respectively.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    +1 - Bought a number of Sinn over the years from Neil, always a pleasure to deal with and normally slightly better on pricing.
    Superb experience with Neil @ Chronomaster. Top guy and pretty much a painless transaction in every respect.

P&C though not so good. I've only bought two things from them and had to wait 9 months for them combined. A Sinn 556 that should be pretty much readily available as it's one of their most popular watches (4 months) and a watch case from their 'bespoke supplier' in Italy (5 months). Loads of emails and phone calls to Josh who was just blagging it all the time and didn't think i noticed (and who has now left so i understand) and lots of Youtube videos of the gaffer micromanaging his sales manager and irritating everyone in the process.

Love the brand
    Available at a fantastic watch shop in St Johann in Tirol, Austria
    If you’re ever passing!
    Fritz Foidl is the owner and watchmaker and he also sells Nomos and Meistersinger which adds up to a nice display.
    Lovely guy to deal with too

Master
    Is Chronomaster the new Damasko dealer now? Not unhappy to see P&C go.
    They cost me £ 200 extra for a DC 57 bracelet. Part of the travails are posted in G&D.
    To be fair they were quite good when I bought my DA 37 in 2013. They just went downhill after 2014.
    Delay I can live with but be honest about it. If you're lying make sure your lie is consistent.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    Delay I can live with but be honest about it. If you're lying make sure your lie is consistent.
    Yep I agree.

Every time I called them it was almost along the lines of "the dog has inadvertently eaten the watch you ordered so we'll have to order another. Please be patient" or "the melting ice caps have caused an unexpected rise in sea levels which affects the delivery of raw materials to the case manufacturer so please bear with us".

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    P.s. I only noticed recently that Fortis dropped them too (or maybe they dropped Fortis not sure which).

Last edited by WillHarris2306; 4th October 2018 at 21:22.

Craftsman
    Isnt the melting ice caps story true... i feel such a fool accepting that excuse ..

Craftsman
    I know I bought it too.

Master
    Another endorsement for Neil at Chronomaster here - Top bloke and his pricing is better.
    Just received a EZM 10 from him

Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    Is Chronomaster the new Damasko dealer now?
    Hard to say really. There's a veiled clue in post #4 but it's made out like it's part of the official secrets act and if the beans are spilled, the poster could end up inside a locked suitcase inside a wardrobe. Mmmm...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post
    lots of Youtube videos of the gaffer micromanaging his sales manager and irritating everyone in the process.
    I assumed that those two were shagging!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    I assumed that those two were shagging!
    Haha !

Last edited by WillHarris2306; 6th October 2018 at 06:04.

Craftsman
    I have also noticed that P&C no longer list any Sinn straps or bracelets ..... or Damasko Straps or bracelets either.

Craftsman
    Recently bought a Steinhart from chronimasters .Quick efficient service no dramas and well priced .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by misterzero View Post
    Recently bought a Steinhart from chronimasters .Quick efficient service no dramas and well priced .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app
    I've only dealt with Neil once but my experience was excellent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TZ-UK mobile app