closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SNA411 - what are your opinions

Master

Seiko SNA411 - what are your opinions

Seiko Pilot's Flight Alarm Chronograph SNA411

I know that it's not an expensive watch, (maybe £200 to £250), and is not to everyones taste
    plus it's a quartz

but what do you think?

image taken from the web

Too busy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Too busy.
    certainly a lot going on!!!!

Bill

I can't help directly, as I don't have this exact watch, but I do have the similar looking 7T34-6A00. The movements are of course not the same, and visually the main difference is that it has a dial for the date rather than a date window.

I also have a second Seiko with the same 7T62 movement as the SNA411 (it may look slightly unusual in the photo because I replaced the standard crystal with a sapphire version from CrystalTimes).

As I mentioned in a separate thread on cheap GMT watches, these two have become firm favourites. The alternative use of the Alarm function to track a second time zone is why I originally bought them, but on top of that they are accurate and wear nicely on the wrist. If you travel at all the second time zone feature is very handy, and I much prefer the subsidiary dial to the second GMT hand you see so often.

What I do find a challenge on the 7T34 is that the date subdial is almost impossible to read without using a loupe, so the regular date window with the 7T62 is a distinct improvement if you have aging eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Too busy.
    The Flightmaster dials are busy, but surprisingly easy to tell the time nonetheless!

If it was a bit less busy it would be quite nice, but the dials around the outside are too much for me.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by will128small View Post
    If it was a bit less busy it would be quite nice, but the dials around the outside are too much for me.

I sort of agree, but without those dials around the outside they wouldn't be Flightmasters, just regular Chronographs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Seiko Pilot's Flight Alarm Chronograph SNA411

I know that it's not an expensive watch, (maybe £200 to £250), and is not to everyones taste
    plus it's a quartz

but what do you think?

image taken from the web
    Massively hyped by TGV. That particular model pictured is discontinued I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    I sort of agree, but without those dials around the outside they wouldn't be Flightmasters, just regular Chronographs.
    Haha, good point! Yeah I suppose I don't really like flightmasters, but compared to others I've seen that Seiko is OK.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Massively hyped by TGV. That particular model pictured is discontinued I believe.

just looked up TGV watches - is he some kind of expert?

does he make a living out of that uTube channel?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    just looked up TGV watches - is he some kind of expert?

does he make a living out of that uTube channel?
    Ummm. This could turn ugly.....

Master
    They are actually really nice in the metal, solid feeling watches.

They are still available new and the discontinued thing has been mentioned for ages to the point they were actually selling for a premium about a year ago.

You can get them on creation for £165

Quote Originally Posted by will128small View Post
    Haha, good point! Yeah I suppose I don't really like flightmasters, but compared to others I've seen that Seiko is OK.

I've always felt much the same about Navitimers, in that they always seemed to be just too complicated for their own good. I much preferred the Top Time I had, as everything was perfectly legible.

However having enjoyed the Flightmaster for a while I am starting to wonder whether I should actually give a Navitimer a try, though the GMT complication that I would want adds a whole new layer of complexity!

I like it a lot.
    "A man of little significance"

Master

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post

They are still available new and the discontinued thing has been mentioned for ages to the point they were actually selling for a premium about a year ago.

I stand corrected!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post

That's were I saw the watch

I've got a Breitling Navitimer A33030, but it almost feels too small, (I bought it because I did not want the larger versions)
    Last edited by BillN; 9th January 2019 at 22:30.

There is an outstanding modification done to this watch on this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/se...4577011-2.html

The replacement white hands echo those on my 7T34 whilst the use of a red running seconds hand is inspired.

So long as you like it, job's a good 'un

I think it looks great. I suspect it looks a lot busier in large pics than it would on the wrist.

Craftsman
    It’s very busy but interesting. Not sure that you’d ever use the bezels for much though.

I’ve watched a couple of YouTube reviews and my main observation is that the sub dial hands at 6 and 9 don’t appear to painted and their metallic finish seem to make them disappear when viewed from an oblique angle.

Seiko SNA411 - what are your opinions

About a million years ago I owned this Flightmaster, which I finally sold because I felt it was too busy. My opinion hasn’t changed - and mine only had three subdials!

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    I stand corrected!
    Yip I thought they were discontinued but still for sale with creation , I picked one up a few weeks ago when they were £187 now £224 , people buying and selling them on eBay for £325 🤷*♂️

I've had an SNA411 in my collection for years. Definitely a busy dial, but surprisingly legible, as far as telling the time. It's a very nice sized watch and wears really well on just about any wrist size. The bracelet can be greatly improved by going over the polished center links with a scotch brite pad to make it all brushed. Looks much better in my opinion. Very cool that it's a 200M watch, complete with thread down pusher collars. Unusual for a pilot's watch. Overall, if you like the look, you'll be very pleased with the watch.