closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smiths W10 and PRS29A mk 1 & 2

Smiths W10 and PRS29A mk 1 & 2

Does anyone own all three of these watches? If so, I'd love to see an image of all incarnations of this perfect watch side by side. I can't afford an original W10 but am hoping to lay my hands on a 29A- it's just deciding which one. I thought I'd seen some images on the forum but am damned if I can locate them now. I am becoming rather obsessed- perhaps I should just buy both!! Many thanks- Oli

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I have an original 29A and ‘68 W10 (ignore the other watches, only pic I have to hand!)

The original 29A is more accurate to the original due to the dial layout (think the 6 moved in line with 5 and 7 on the latest 29A), plastic crystal and fixed lugs (with well debated pros and cons to the second two).

Whilst I think the 29A is superb, the lume doesn’t have the vintage colour and depth of the W10, however the 29A is the reason that I later bought a W10, very very close, but he W10 wins for me

Quote Originally Posted by andyd30 View Post
    I have an original 29A and ‘68 W10 (ignore the other watches, only pic I have to hand!)

The original 29A is more accurate to the original due to the dial layout (think the 6 moved in line with 5 and 7 on the latest 29A), plastic crystal and fixed lugs (with well debated pros and cons to the second two).

Whilst I think the 29A is superb, the lume doesn’t have the vintage colour and depth of the W10, however the 29A is the reason that I later bought a W10, very very close, but he W10 wins for me

Many thanks for your reply! Yeah love that W10. For some reason the second hand of the 29a mk1 often looks a bit spindly to my eyes. Maybe a matter of taste. I much prefer the dimensions of the W10s handset. Agreed re the dial layout. I think I'd ruled out a W10 as I wanted one for daily wear and have something that I didn't have to treat with kid gloves. Thanks again, both lovely watches.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app