closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC Portugieser IW371602 150 Years Edition

Journeyman

IWC Portugieser IW371602 150 Years Edition

Anyone have one?

https://www.iwc.com/en/watch-collect...150-years.html

I understand they were limited to 2000 units, and do black and blue face options.
    I think they look very elegant and my ideal watch, especially with the addition of the in-house movement and skeleton rear case.

Interested in some opinions. I like it (obviously) and not looking to for anyone to tell me whether to buy it or not. More interested in thoughts on the differences between this and the "standard" Portugieser.

Thanks!

Master
    Elegant watch, I can understand why you like that. The main difference from a ‘classic’ Portugeiser is the size....it’s 2mm smaller. But a Portugeiser, that’s for sure. Two-thousand is hardly a limited edition...they may struggle to reach that target. Look for a good deal because you would take a hit on resale. Not cheap either, even if it does have a proper IWC movement. But an undeniably handsome watch. In fact, rather classy.
    Keith Richard wears a Portugeiser....
    I had a 43mm Model, which is the original size from the 1930s. 41mm is more wearable .
    Last edited by paskinner; 9th January 2019 at 17:46.

Master
    Looks stunning. Just so expensive! That design though... This version and the 7 day one as well are just gorgeous. I just wish their prices were more in line with say Omega, because for me their watches are far more desirable.

Craftsman
    Beautiful - I prefer those blue hands to my own gold hands - however, i do prefer the larger size. A classy watch

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Elegant watch, I can understand why you like that. The main difference from a ‘classic’ Portugeiser is the size....it’s 2mm smaller. But a Portugeiser, that’s for sure. Two-thousand is hardly a limited edition...they may struggle to reach that target. Look for a good deal because you would take a hit on resale. Not cheap either, even if it does have a proper IWC movement. But an undeniably handsome watch. In fact, rather classy.
    Keith Richard wears a Portugeiser....
    I had a 43mm Model, which is the original size from the 1930s. 41mm is more wearable .
    I have the standard Portuguese Chrono with blue hands/numerals and its the same size/case/thickness as the special edition -41mm and 13mm thick.

Quote Originally Posted by arun1uk View Post
    Anyone have one?

https://www.iwc.com/en/watch-collect...150-years.html

I understand they were limited to 2000 units, and do black and blue face options.
    I think they look very elegant and my ideal watch, especially with the addition of the in-house movement and skeleton rear case.

Interested in some opinions. I like it (obviously) and not looking to for anyone to tell me whether to buy it or not. More interested in thoughts on the differences between this and the "standard" Portugieser.

Thanks!
    There isnt much price difference between the special edition and the standard model.So obv if buying pre-owned it will be the standard model and if new go for the special edition. Seen them in a few jewelers windows so I assume discounts will be possible.
    Last edited by jonny; 10th January 2019 at 18:13.

Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    Looks stunning. Just so expensive! That design though... This version and the 7 day one as well are just gorgeous. I just wish their prices were more in line with say Omega, because for me their watches are far more desirable.
    With discounts or bought pre-owned, they can be a great buy- standard Portuguese chrono can be picked up below 4k which the same price as an Omega these days!

I've quite fancied a Portugieser for a while. Has anyone seen these in the flesh? I know it has a lacquered dial, but I would have thought that would have compared poorly with the standard silver royal with applied blue numerals as opposed to printed.

I love the Portugieser design - very elegant, superb clarity, and instantly recognisable.

However, I think it looks its very best in rose gold, and I would stretch to a pre-owned 371480 example for a couple of grand more, but a big saving off new.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Geneve View Post
    I love the Portugieser design - very elegant, superb clarity, and instantly recognisable.

However, I think it looks its very best in rose gold, and I would stretch to a pre-owned 371480 example for a couple of grand more, but a big saving off new.
    It really looks great in the flesh, it has a sort of glaze over the face that you dont get with the standard, but isn't too "reflective". I've tried on the blue face and it was stunning, however, still think it'd look better with a blue strap. It was a bit difficult to read in sunlight though.
    It's the white one for me, however, can't find stock. Was recently in Switzerland however no one has any stock. Hoping to find one in the UK, but no luck on the 2nd hand market either.

Anyone seen any?

p.s. I agree with the rose gold, however, that's a bit too pricey for me

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Inigo View Post
    I've quite fancied a Portugieser for a while. Has anyone seen these in the flesh? I know it has a lacquered dial, but I would have thought that would have compared poorly with the standard silver royal with applied blue numerals as opposed to printed.
    Aren’t they stamped ? Thought they gave up on the applied numerals years ago. Quite like the look of the Portugieser, but even at 4K I’d consider it questionable value. They really know how to charge for those ETA/Sellita movements.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Oafley Jones View Post
    Aren’t they stamped ? Thought they gave up on the applied numerals years ago. Quite like the look of the Portugieser, but even at 4K I’d consider it questionable value. They really know how to charge for those ETA/Sellita movements.
    This model features a lacquered dial and painted numerals, which is nice little bonus. The finish on these watches is really good, but do agree on the pricing of the ETA based watches.
    This model has an in-house movement and is only slightly more expensive than the regular model, which does represent reasonable value in comparison. I do agree it's about £1k overpriced though...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by arun1uk View Post
    This model features a lacquered dial and painted numerals, which is nice little bonus. The finish on these watches is really good, but do agree on the pricing of the ETA based watches.
    This model has an in-house movement and is only slightly more expensive than the regular model, which does represent reasonable value in comparison. I do agree it's about £1k overpriced though...
    Im amazed how little of a premium they’re charging for in house. Perhaps they knew they were pushing their luck as is. Small movement aside I also like the Mark xviii. But again with the pricing. And the Richemont servicing horror stories.

Master
    What a watch!!

Definitely not for me, it has at least a couple of my least favourite Chrono features, but at least the dial finish looks quite nice.
    It's just a matter of time...