closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apple iMac - upgradable DIY 2018/19 models

Craftsman

Apple iMac - upgradable DIY 2018/19 models

Morning all,

After some advice for the forum as I have seen, there are a number of Mac and computer savvy members on here.

I currently have a 2011 MBP, which safe to say has now seen better days! I am using the current machine for music production and due to its age, I was lucky to upgrade (myself) the HD>SSD and the 4gb RAM to 16gb!

Pretty sure from 2012/3(ish), apple started to solder the components in their MBP and Mac Mini models and still do to this day! I have read (somewhere) you can still upgrade the RAM on the iMac models but the post I viewed online was not dated, so unsure how new models would be shipped out?

Does anyone have some knowledge or a better understanding of the latest iMac models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad The Bad View Post
    Many thanks!!

The only user serviceable part is the RAM in the 27" iMac. All other components are soldered to the logic board. RAM is not user serviceable in the 21" iMac.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    The only user serviceable part is the RAM in the 27" iMac. All other components are soldered to the logic board. RAM is not user serviceable in the 21" iMac.
    Thanks Phil! Exactly what I needed to know