closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aevig - excellent customer care

Aevig - excellent customer care

I bought an Aevig Thor last year, as I was impressed by both the pics of the watch and by the accounts on Chip Yuen's (Aevig owner) reputation. He sent it over here, but I only got it several weeks after it reached my address (work & travel reasons). When I opened the package, it turned out that it wore was a tad larger and thicker than expected. Lovely watch and very well made, but just too large for my subjective taste in what matters dress watches.

Now here's the thing: Aevig has a 7 days return policy, and that interval had long passed when I wrote Chip and asked him (kindly) if a return was possible. He replied very fast and courteously and said that as long as the watch was still in the same condition, he'll gladly pay me back the initial amount. It took me several more weeks to send the watch back (I should really work less and spend more time at home...), and I finally sent the watch a few days ago. Today I've got a friendly message from him stating the money was already paid back. Btw, I've never bought from him before, so there's no 'special relationship' (whatsitcalled nowadays... grooming the AD?).

Thought that this kind of an approach deserves a bit of a WT post. Some micro-brands could teach a thing or two to the established ones.

Cheers,
    Christian

He is a proper gent.
    I bought (used) a Corvid (with a very well engraved case) and I wanted to change the dial over. He sent his lume dial over for very little indeed, very promptly. He knew of that particular customised watch so we had quite a chat about it.
    Dave

Craftsman
    Why arent they all like this - it wins so much customer loyalty... its very basic stuff really, and can enhace a business hugely. top work!

Love the look of his watches so this is good to hear. I may purchase one now so good customer feedback does work.

Journeyman
    It is always so nice to hear a good news story for a change, and especially in respect to a brand I am interested in buying. Thank you for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    He is a proper gent.
    I bought (used) a Corvid (with a very well engraved case) and I wanted to change the dial over. He sent his lume dial over for very little indeed, very promptly. He knew of that particular customised watch so we had quite a chat about it.
    Dave
    Do you still have it, I was very impressed with the look.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Do you still have it, I was very impressed with the look.
    IIRC it is the same one as on Viljo's gallery page - sixth row down, left-most photo (and fifth row down, right-most two photos).

https://www.viljomarrandi.com/gallery/

Absolutely gorgeous work.

Master
    I can also endorse Chip and his customer service. Back in the summer I too prepaid for a Thor. A day or two later our car wouldn't start on our drive the morning that we were due to leave for our family's summer holiday. Once I'd sorted a hire car, dropped the car keys off with a mate to fix our car and got us safely to the airport, I emailed Chip explaining the circumstances and asking if I could cancel the purchase and for a full refund. No quibbles, no qualms, no huffy comments, just a really understanding reply and the money back in my PayPal account within hours.
    Never could the 'Buy the seller' mantra be more appropriate. If the watches are half as solid as Chip then you're onto a winner.

Where is he, EU somewhere? Might have missed it but not obvious from website.

Always strikes me as a bit dodgy when no contact details are provided (though from what posters have said not in this case).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Where is he, EU somewhere? Might have missed it but not obvious from website.

Always strikes me as a bit dodgy when no contact details are provided (though from what posters have said not in this case).
    I may be wrong but think he is in The Netherlands