closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone have a good relationship with Burrells jewellers?

Master

Anyone have a good relationship with Burrells jewellers?

It would be appreciated if anyone with a relationship at Burrells could put me in touch with their contact.

My brother in law attempted to view some Omegas at Burrells of Tunbridge Wells today and through cra**y service and some outright lies came away not only with no watch, but without having even been able to view the watches he was interested in.

It'd be great if the situation could be turned around he could have one on his wrist later this week.

Thanks all.

Curiosity has the better of me I will admit......what kinds of lies are we talking about if I may ask ?
    Also, did they have the watches he wanted to try on, in stock or not ?

Philip Copping is my contact there. Nice chap and knows his stuff. Always been pleased with the service from him there. Happy to make an intro if you PM me your details
    Last edited by ataripower; 8th January 2019 at 22:10.

Your BIL is the problem.

Probably needs wringing out.

Staff always been fine in that branch although I know they’ve had a rotation of the recently. Your BIL doesn’t own a Milguasse by any chance does he?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    It would be appreciated if anyone with a relationship at Burrells could put me in touch with their contact.

My brother in law attempted to view some Omegas at Burrells of Tunbridge Wells today and through cra**y service and some outright lies came away not only with no watch, but without having even been able to view the watches he was interested in.

It'd be great if the situation could be turned around he could have one on his wrist later this week.

Thanks all.
    So he claims that they told him outright lies and gave him crap service... and he wants help to buy a watch off them?

Does not compute.

Master
    My recent experience of them had me walking away from a Tudor at 50% off, they were so piss poor.

Their site managed to sell a watch I already had in my basket. When I enquired about another watch, same model, they came back after discussing with the head buyer and offered it to me for exactly the same price it was on their online page - 30% off, rather than the 50% off on the one I had in my basket before it somehow got sold to someone else!

I was going to buy the other half a few Chopard bits and pieces, but I was so pissed off with that exchange that I went to Hugh Rice for the jewellery and bought the watch elsewhere.

Their websites a pain in the ass as well!
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Their site managed to sell a watch I already had in my basket. When I enquired about another watch, same model, they came back after discussing with the head buyer and offered it to me for exactly the same price it was on their online page - 30% off, rather than the 50% off on the one I had in my basket before it somehow got sold to someone else!

I was going to buy the other half a few Chopard bits and pieces, but I was so pissed off with that exchange that I went to Hugh Rice for the jewellery and bought the watch elsewhere.

Their websites a pain in the ass as well!
    The watch is not yours until you've completed checkout lol
    Do you expect them to indefinitely reserve the watch while you take as long as you like thinking about it as it sits in your basket?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

And there are no other jewellers selling Omega watches anywhere near Tunbridge Wells?

Christ on a bike, if the service was really that bad why would he go back?

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    The watch is not yours until you've completed checkout lol
    Do you expect them to indefinitely reserve the watch while you take as long as you like thinking about it as it sits in your basket?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
    I appreciate that - however, I expect enough time to complete the bloody purchase!

My issues wasn’t really the fact that their system allows that to happen, more the point they then went to see what they could do, and kindly offered me the price available to anyone online on the other watch - so no consideration or additional movement then. An initial “we are sorry for your experience using our online sales” would have been better received.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    And there are no other jewellers selling Omega watches anywhere near Tunbridge Wells?

Christ on a bike, if the service was really that bad why would he go back?
    Maybe because they currently have a few models he is interested in at 50% off! Christ on a bike indeed!!!
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post

Maybe because they currently have a few models he is interested in at 50% off! Christ on a bike indeed!!!
    That would explain it then.

Craftsman
    I visited the Winchester store just before Christmas and had a very positive experience. I went in there to have a stuck spring bar removed from my Aqua Terra (i know it went in but i couldn't get the damn thing out, don't ask me how!).

Whilst i was in there they let me try on a few watches even though i made it clear i wasn't buying. Nice people i thought and the sales girl was an avid collector.

Master
    Simple,vote wth your feet, if it was that bad I definitely wouldn't be giving them my business. If you want a decent indepnedent Omega AD then PM me and I'll share my contact with you.

The last time I was in there, I’d noticed that a spring bar on the watch I was wearing was broken.

They replaced it FOC and offered me a coffee while I waited even though I’ve never bought a watch from them.

Craftsman
    walk away - if it's crap service, dont give them a penny, even if theres a big discount - I am sure someone else will give you the same deal???

Craftsman
    My theory for a lot of things like this is that it's not necessarily the shop / company per se, but the individuals in the sales team. They could move jobs to somewhere else and they often take their poor customer service / communication skills with them.

Master
    Sounds like a Jekyll and Hyde business.

Master
    I bought an Aqua Terra Perpetual Calendar over the phone from Philip and it was all very easy so I'd happily recommend them based on my experience.

Peculiar website. And odd pricing going on. I had a nose and they had some half price Breitlings, at least until I clicked on them and tried to add one to my basket. All gone now.

Master
    Thank you everyone who got in touch, it was very helpful.

A watch has now been secured from Burrells. It did require more visits than should have been necessary and staff not being able to find certain stock, and arguing over orders placed / not placed, and generally being a faff.

But now we have one happy brother in law with his first mechanical watch secured, with a third off, and lots of help provided form this forum. Thank you guys.

Craftsman
    Nice PO, he won’t be disappointed. With a 3rd off that takes the price back to 2010 days!

Is the strap leather?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    Nice PO, he won’t be disappointed. With a 3rd off that takes the price back to 2010 days!

Is the strap leather?
    Leather with a rubber backing, looks pretty robust. 39mm with a display case rear showing the co-axial movement.

Craftsman
    Looks nice, I have been contemplating a leather strap for mine but it ends up in the water too often.

The clear case back is a work of beauty.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    Looks nice, I have been contemplating a leather strap for mine but it ends up in the water too often.

The clear case back is a work of beauty.
    The case back on the Speedmaster is even nicer - kicking myself fr not buying one in the sales

Craftsman
    Save your money for a 50th anniversary speedy, although you won’t catch one of those in the sales unless your lucky.

I saw some nice aqua terras in the Black Friday sale. Maybe controversial but I don’t like the speedy face too much it’s too busy in my opinion.