closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega is bringing back cal 321

Hybrid View

Master
    For years the common statement about the Speedy and the 321 was the " buttery smooth movement " and no other movement compared to the original Speedy when all it's variations with different movements came up. After reading this thread it sounds like people hate the 321. So which is it, I know the 321 looks better through a see through caseback than a certain movement with a Delrin brake which the purists always hated, would you really not prefer a new Speedy with a 321 for the anniversary?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jk103 View Post
    For years the common statement about the Speedy and the 321 was the " buttery smooth movement " and no other movement compared to the original Speedy when all it's variations with different movements came up. After reading this thread it sounds like people hate the 321. So which is it, I know the 321 looks better through a see through caseback than a certain movement with a Delrin brake which the purists always hated, would you really not prefer a new Speedy with a 321 for the anniversary?
    The 321 does have a smoother pusher action than the 1861 but then the action on the 3313 also used in some Speedmasters is nicer still. Yes the 1861 which is designed to be hidden behind a metal back has a Delrin brake, the 1863 designed for display on the sapphire sandwich models has a metal brake and additional finishing.
    Last edited by Padders; 11th January 2019 at 10:00.