closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 1449

Thread: Formula 1 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Oysterman View Post
    Back in ‘94 the Benetton had lots of protests lodged for irregularities, nothing was proved.
    I thought they got caught using traction control, using an illegal algorithm based on rate if rise of RPM

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I thought they got caught using traction control, using an illegal algorithm based on rate if rise of RPM
    Correct, including a launch control feature that magically disappeared from any computer data records after 10 uses.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Correct, including a launch control feature that magically disappeared from any computer data records after 10 uses.
    And the punishment......?

.... A fine and I think they were banned from two races.

Quote Originally Posted by Oysterman View Post
    .... A fine and I think they were banned from two races.
    So they were found out and punished?.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    So they were found out and punished?.
    Wiki is your friend...1994 Formula One cheating controversy.

Maxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by LVE View Post
    Maxxxxxxx
    Looks like he is heading for a penalty

Looks like he is heading for a penalty
    Decision on this will be pronounced tomorrow after the race ;)

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    "At the council meeting, the governing body also announced that no evidence had been found to suggest Benetton were using illegal electronic systems, but did say that an illegal system did exist, which could be activated at any time."

I've always found this ruling really strange. Why would Benetton have illegal driver aids in their code if they weren't going to use them? Surely the driver aids being there is justification for severe punishment?

And the fact that other teams & drivers believed Benetton were using these aids even before they were discovered is pretty daming. Plus Briatore was team principal at the time.

Blog Entries
    Nope. On a Dutch F1 related news website: according to the car's data, he did lift (for a fraction) and that's apparently enough to stay within the rule.

M.

3 place grid penalty

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Nope. On a Dutch F1 related news website: according to the car's data, he did lift (for a fraction) and that's apparently enough to stay within the rule.

M.
    He’s been penalised.

Blog Entries
    Yes, on the reason that he was honest during the interview.

Craftsman
    It’s bad form.....but then to actually question safety....hmmmm.
    Almost as annoying is the Sky F1 coverage, the very matey presentation and the view that incidents that are often dangerous are acceptable.....this being an example....

Craftsman
    Rules is rules I'm afraid. Will make an interesting start

Surprised they think they can repair Bottas's car without penalty though

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    His honesty shows a distinct lack of maturity and thought for his fellow drivers...putting others at risk when you know the rules and consequences - it is not acceptable.

From the bbc website:
    “I think we all know what a yellow flag means”
    He was then pressed on why he hadn’t slowed down
    “Do we have to go there? To safety? I think we know what we are doing - otherwise we would not be driving an F1 car. It’s qualifying and, yeah, you go for it. But like I said before, if they want to delete the lap, then delete the lap”

Banned
    Blog Entries
    One word covers it; STUPID!

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    One word covers it; STUPID!

Agreed especially given the penality had already been given. Lose lose.

However kudos for at least being honest.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

A conspiracist might mention that it makes it a Ferrari front row on a track that is nearly impossible to overtake on, obviously except DRS on the long straight.
    It will be interesting (incredibly boring) to see how many times they mention tyres this afternoon.
    Last edited by adrianw; 27th October 2019 at 10:11.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    A conspiracist might mention that it makes it a Ferrari front row on a track that is nearly impossible to overtake on, obviously except DRS on the long straight.
    As such, bar first corners accidents, both Ferraris would have easily picked off Max anyway.

It will be interesting (incredibly boring) to see how many times they mention tyres this afternoon.

Will we see the Seb being let through to prevent Lewis getting a tow from CLC?

Hopefully weather will come into play to spice it all up.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    As such, bar first corners accidents, both Ferraris would have easily picked off Max anyway.

Probably before the first corner, given Ferrari's speed and relatively long distance from the start position to that first corner. Let's hope there's some animosity between the Ferrari drivers to spice things up

Get in there Lewis!

Ferrari mess it up again! Will they never learn.

Sent from my BBF100-1 using Tapatalk

Well that was rather good. Good result, but I am amazed that Seb was not sanctioned as a result of the start. If he did that at Monaco, LH would be the armco. Uncool.

As for Max, fearless and unfortunately brainless. Trying to bully other drivers on track usually ends with tears - mostly his.

Friedrich Nietzsche

LH drive brilliantly and won, MV drove like an idiot and didn’t.

They only missed the rain by an hour,

Next weekend we might see the England Rugby Team and Lewis both crowned as World Champions. Nice

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Next weekend we might see the England Rugby Team and Lewis both crowned as World Champions. Nice
    And guess which one will be all over the British media, the BBC might fleetingly mention it, then there will be talk about knighthoods and honours for the rugby team.

That's not the first time that Lewis has doubted a tyre call over the radio yet still managed to get a great result from the car, whilst he drove well I can't help but think the scale of his performance is exaggerated by his earlier negativity. On the other hand Mercedes were never expected to get both cars on the podium let alone a win, Ferrari's botched pitstop with Leclerc helped matters and who knows where Verstappen could have finished however you've got to be in it to win it and Mercedes were just that. The wheels almost literally fell off McLaren's weekend, what an absolute shocker, and Renault should be happy with two top 10 finishes despite Kvyat's careless attempt of an overtake on Hulkenberg.

Loved Verstappen "interviewing" his former teammate Ricciardo in the pen post race, didn't love the "selfie-man" on the podium and neither did Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    "At the council meeting, the governing body also announced that no evidence had been found to suggest Benetton were using illegal electronic systems, but did say that an illegal system did exist, which could be activated at any time."

I've always found this ruling really strange. Why would Benetton have illegal driver aids in their code if they weren't going to use them? Surely the driver aids being there is justification for severe punishment?

And the fact that other teams & drivers believed Benetton were using these aids even before they were discovered is pretty daming. Plus Briatore was team principal at the time.

I remember seeing a 1994 Benetton at Goodwood FOS one year, and hearing the quips of another passing driver as the Benetton driver got into the car; "Don't forget to engage option 13!" which got a wry smile from the driver.

Blog Entries
    LH drive brilliantly and won, MV drove like an idiot and didn’t.
    Huh? I agree with you on the LH part of your reply. What's the other? The qualifying part I agree with, but during the race?
    Last edited by thieuster; 28th October 2019 at 15:42.

Huh? I agree with you on the LH part of your reply. What's the other? The qualifying part I agree with, but during the race?
    If he had stayed away from LH on the first bend rather than keep his foot in, he stood a good chance of winning, then in the overtake he cut back somehow expecting VB to slow down, result a puncture. He blow a good chance of winning

If he had stayed away from LH on the first bend rather than keep his foot in, he stood a good chance of winning, then in the overtake he cut back somehow expecting VB to slow down, result a puncture. He blow a good chance of winning
    Yep. The old Max creeping back in. Albon outscoring him at the moment, and a chunk of that is due to self inflicted stupidity.

Craftsman
    It’s a real shame re; Max, he’s been driving well, and showed maturity. The qualifying error could’ve been put down to a mistake, but his petulant attitude and lack of concern for safety (let’s not forget that Anthoine Hubert died in a crash recently), along with his “bumper car” race day mentality, showed frustration and a lack of maturity. At one point, I thought he’d be the one to topple Hamilton (or fill his shoes when he retires); I now believe the next Champ will be Charles LeClerc (I also think Albon and Norris are showing real potential).

Quote Originally Posted by Guido-K View Post
    I also think Albon and Norris are showing real potential.
    It's weird. The perception is that Norris is doing a good job, yet he has 35 points compared to Sainz's 76. Is it because at 25, Sainz is considered old?

And guess which one will be all over the British media, the BBC might fleetingly mention it, then there will be talk about knighthoods and honours for the rugby team.

Little doubt the gongs will be flying around for the Rugby Team. A Knighthood for Eddie. An OBE for Steve Borthwick and Farrell and a host of MBEs to the rest of the Team. Especially if Boris is PM.

As for Lewis, I doubt he will get anything until he retires - so about 10 years from now. To be honest he probably doesn't care. His main goal will be beating Michael records of GP wins, getting 8 WDC and becoming a GOAT.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    It's weird. The perception is that Norris is doing a good job, yet he has 35 points compared to Sainz's 76. Is it because at 25, Sainz is considered old?
    In young Lando’s defence, he’s had 6 DNF’S this year, and in the 10 races he completed, he’s been in the top 10 in 6 of them. Not too shabby for a rookie.

A fairer comparison might be Sainz's first season compared with Norris. Also remember that Norris was 19 at the start of the season. Step learning curve.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Don't get me wrong; I'm a Lando fan rather than a Sainz fan. Just commenting on the tale of the tape.

Is Sainz's car and teammate from his first season comparable?

Don't get me wrong; I'm a Lando fan rather than a Sainz fan. Just commenting on the tale of the tape.

Is Sainz's car and teammate from his first season comparable?

Sainz's team mate was Max both driving the Toro Rosso. His best finish was a 7th at the USA GP. Finished 15th overall.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    New info here, including the Cost Cap rule

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...K1B4rJwTk.html

Blog Entries
    Dutch TV presenters mention that Hulkenberg will switch to the DTM championship next year.

We (Dutch) consider Hulkenberg 'the second Dutchman'. He was born in a town near German/Dutch border and he started his racing career on Dutch cart tracks. On top of that: his Dutch is impeccable.

Apart from that: what's happening with LeClerc's car? It's slower than expected.

M.

We (Dutch) consider Hulkenberg 'the second Dutchman'. He was born in a town near German/Dutch border and he started his racing career on Dutch cart tracks.
    Emmerich? I cycled there a couple of years ago when we were staying in Braamt and enjoyed a nice beer on the banks of the Rhine. Was he born closer to the Dutch border than Max?

My tyres won’t make it, is code for don’t worry lads we’ve got this covered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Emmerich? I cycled there a couple of years ago when we were staying in Braamt and enjoyed a nice beer on the banks of the Rhine. Was he born closer to the Dutch border than Max?
    Yes! Emmerich's western town-edge is also the German/Dutch border, just north of the river Rhine where the Rhine enters The Netherlands. Verstappen was born in Hasselt (Belgium), which is at least 10kms from the Belgian/Dutch border. I must admit that the Hasselt area is filled with Dutch inhabitants: all tax-evaders (nearly all Belgian taxes are lower than the Dutch' and houses are less expensive).
    Last edited by thieuster; 3rd November 2019 at 21:37.

Well done 6 times WDC

Blog Entries
    Congrats Lewis!

Again, what's with Ferrari? The car had no 'pace' on the track.

And once again nothing on the BBChomepage

A thoroughly deserved 6th DC, congratulations to both Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes.

Niki will be smiling, I'm sure.