timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 1449

Thread: Formula 1 2019

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Congrats Lewis!

Again, what's with Ferrari? The car had no 'pace' on the track.
    Well done indeed!

I, too, wonder what happened to Ferrari.

Master
    Well done Lewis, fantastic race and 6th World Championship.
    Surely Albon has secured that second Red Bull seat for next year now. Fantastic drive by him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Well done Lewis, fantastic race and 6th World Championship.
    Surely Albon has secured that second Red Bull seat for next year now. Fantastic drive by him.
    Kyvat was steaming on Dutch TV when he heard about a penalty in the last lap. His 'language and tone of voice' will ad some extra punishment I think.

M

Many congratulations to Mercedes and Lewis on yet another World Championship.

Good win for Bottas as well. Albon continues to perform as did Norris, who could have got Ricardo if His pit stops had been a bit slicker.

As for Ferrari, god knows what's happening. I did however enjoy the rumour that Ferrari had been sailing pretty close to some fuel regulation for the past 4 races and the FIA finally stopped it. It would explain the drop in pace.

Lewis needs one more WDC and 8 more GP wins to equal MS's record. Hopefully 2020 will be the year.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

You have to give it to Hamilton saying “if it wasn’t for Ron i probably wouldn’t be here today

Great achievement for Lewis and Mercedes. Ferrari's lack of pace was very surprising though not to Verstappen who said something along the lines of: 'that's what happens when you stop cheating.'

It will be interesting since clarification of the rules and the technical directive, regarding fuel flow monitoring, to see if Ferrari has lost its speed advantage,

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Many congratulations to Mercedes and Lewis on yet another World Championship.

Lewis needs one more WDC and 8 more GP wins to equal MS's record. Hopefully 2020 will be the year.
    Hope so, place a sizeable wager on this outcome during his first season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    It will be interesting since clarification of the rules and the technical directive, regarding fuel flow monitoring, to see if Ferrari has lost its speed advantage,
    That directive was mentioned on Dutch TV as well. Both Ferraris performed bad that was not only because they lacked grip. But later in the race LeClerc did manage to set a Fastest Lap on soft tyres. You need grip for that as weill, I suppose. I'd thought that -at least- he would try and close the gap towards the cars in front of him on those tyres.

Ferrari isn't happy about Verstappen's 'stopped cheating' remark, according to newspapers this morning. One thing puzzled me: normally there's a lot of communication between pits and drivers. This race, the Ferrari comms was relatively quiet.

M.

Albon drove very well yesterday, I would like to think he will now get a long term contract at Red Bull

Some discussion on Ferrari's performance...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50284855

Whilst Hamilton is nursing his headache Hulkenberg has just gained one - Giovinazzi has just been confirmed at Alfa for next season.

An Italian driver in an Italian car. Ferrari don't have that so I guess some big cheese thought that Alfa should.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    Hope so, place a sizeable wager on this outcome during his first season.

A true believer . You might have thought that was money wasted when he joined Mercedes.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Whilst Hamilton is nursing his headache Hulkenberg has just gained one - Giovinazzi has just been confirmed at Alfa for next season.

An Italian driver in an Italian car. Ferrari don't have that so I guess some big cheese thought that Alfa should.
    Hulkenberg is moving to the German DTM circuit. After yesterday's race he was interviewed by Dutch journalists (in Dutch!) and he was pretty relaxed about it when the topic was mentioned. Official announcement will be tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Hulkenberg is moving to the German DTM circuit. After yesterday's race he was interviewed by Dutch journalists (in Dutch!) and he was pretty relaxed about it when the topic was mentioned. Official announcement will be tomorrow.
    Ah yes, I misread your post yesterday. I thought it was a rumour that Hulkenberg was moving to DTM rather than a done deal.

Blog Entries
    Ah yes, I misread your post yesterday. I thought it was a rumour that Hulkenberg was moving to DTM rather than a done deal.

Today on Autosport.com news is different, but he didn't deny it when it was a topic during the Dutch interview. Let's see what happens. Apart from that, I think he's a good and friendly person. Always nice to see him drive and hear his responses after the race. It will be sad to see him leave.

Master
    Probably a bit late to the party but I enjoyed that gp, massive well done on title number 6 for lewis but again I’m asking how Ferrari threw that away, seb got unlucky but leclerc didn’t turn up at all! They again seem to have an error strewn season that threw away a good chance which was a shame because I would have liked to have seen more of a contest. Overall though the best team and drivers triumphed, suprised to see the verstappen slating, he’s young an impetuous of course but also a mercurial racing talent, he will come of age and I dare say is the racing talent that will replace lewis ultimately, I like him because he’s exciting to watch and there’s just not enough of that on the grid, too many sissy girls playing it safe imo. Just my tuppence worth anyway, bring on Brazil, that should be a close contest all round and the weather usually has something to say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    And in my opinion a big loss to f1, hugely underrated driver, he did wonders at force India

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    And in my opinion a big loss to f1, hugely underrated driver, he did wonders at force India

I'm more than a bit disinclined to agree with you there macca

https://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-drivers/nico-hulkenberg/

Craftsman

I'm imagining it'll be a short-lived placement for Giovionazzi. Alfa is in the firing line for serious financial restructuring under the FCA future plans and F1 must be one of the "nice to haves" as the brand backs away from its position as the "sporty" brand within the product portfolio. The cuts have already been announced to future sportscars and coupe product programmes and it's hard to imagine supporting an also-ran F1 team at the same time you are slashing the product investment and focussing on SUVs that people don't connect with a track presence at all. I wonder in a merged PSA/FCA if motorsport features at all?

Quote Originally Posted by astonandy View Post
    I'm imagining it'll be a short-lived placement for Giovionazzi. Alfa is in the firing line for serious financial restructuring under the FCA future plans and F1 must be one of the "nice to haves" as the brand backs away from its position as the "sporty" brand within the product portfolio. The cuts have already been announced to future sportscars and coupe product programmes and it's hard to imagine supporting an also-ran F1 team at the same time you are slashing the product investment and focussing on SUVs that people don't connect with a track presence at all. I wonder in a merged PSA/FCA if motorsport features at all?
    I doubt the FIA would have let them in on a short term deal, I think they will be around for some time

Craftsman
    I doubt the FIA would have let them in on a short term deal, I think they will be around for some time
    They’ll sell the team and rebrand - after all it’s what they did to get in. FCA are very serious about saving money at Alfa to the point of debating the whole brand’s future in a merged FCA/PSA. The brand simply makes no money. From what I hear of where money is being saved, F1 is low hanging fruit. I don’t imagine they’ll be making a 2021 car.

Quote Originally Posted by astonandy View Post
    They’ll sell the team and rebrand - after all it’s what they did to get in. FCA are very serious about saving money at Alfa to the point of debating the whole brand’s future in a merged FCA/PSA. The brand simply makes no money. From what I hear of where money is being saved, F1 is low hanging fruit. I don’t imagine they’ll be making a 2021 car.
    I don't think they even need to sell the team, as Alfa don't own it! The team is still Sauber Motorsport AG, just running with the team name Alfa Romeo. So all that will happen is a change of name back to Sauber or as whatever sponsor can be enticed to put up the appropriate amount of cash.

Shame about Nico...a better driver than the results show, I think. Better than quite a few folks on the gird.

He won Le Mans when it was actually competitive....if possible, the new hypercar-based WEC would be better than DTM, which is losing teams and the new rules don't look to be encouraging new entrants.

Albon now confirmed alongside Verstappen and Torro Rosso have also announced that both of their drivers are staying put as well. Not too much of a surprise with TR given that RB's/TR's talent pool isn't what it was, having said that in terms of points scoring, and with 2 races left to run, this has already been TR's best season since its maiden outing in 2006.

Albon now confirmed alongside Verstappen
    That is good news, he does deserve it, it is just a shame that Russell doesn't get a competitive drive.

That is good news, he does deserve it, it is just a shame that Russell doesn't get a competitive drive.
    Williams are the only team yet to confirm their 2020 drivers, we know that Russell has been confirmed and Kubica is out however that's it. Williams reserve driver, and current 2nd place holder in GP2, Nicholas Latifi is looking good to sit alongside Russell, that's the most likely outcome.

I hope that good things come to those who wait with regards to George, he appears to have shown a high degree of maturity in '19 and has simply got on with the job in hand rather than moan and groan about the team. Williams will benefit by keeping him on despite his relative lack of experience, hopefully they'll close the gap that has been so obvious this year. With McLaren partnering with Mercedes from '21 that may give the Brit more seat options if he stays within the Mercedes fold though with Wolff recently stating that it's not healthy for either Mercedes or Bottas to keep chugging along with 1 year contacts and Sainz and Norris looking comfortable at McLaren there's every possibility that Russell will do as Ocon has done.

Williams are the only team yet to confirm their 2020 drivers, we know that Russell has been confirmed and Kubica is out however that's it. Williams reserve driver, and current 2nd place holder in GP2, Nicholas Latifi is looking good to sit alongside Russell, that's the most likely outcome.

I hope that good things come to those who wait with regards to George, he appears to have shown a high degree of maturity in '19 and has simply got on with the job in hand rather than moan and groan about the team. Williams will benefit by keeping him on despite his relative lack of experience, hopefully they'll close the gap that has been so obvious this year. With McLaren partnering with Mercedes from '21 that may give the Brit more seat options if he stays within the Mercedes fold though with Wolff recently stating that it's not healthy for either Mercedes or Bottas to keep chugging along with 1 year contacts and Sainz and Norris looking comfortable at McLaren there's every possibility that Russell will do as Ocon has done.
    Things seem a bit odd with Russell, maybe it is because he doesn't bring buckets of cash with him, he has won several awards, formula 4, GP3 and F2 champion, beating all of the drivers who are now in more competitive F1 cars. it would be such a shame if he doesn't "make it"

I still don't understand "clarification of the rules" the FIA seem to have finally investigated and caught Ferrari cheating, the cars are obviously no slower, but that seems to be the end of it.

Because of the short track, the margins will be very tight at Brazil, the performance differences in the cars will be difficult to see or understand.

I still don't understand "clarification of the rules" the FIA seem to have finally investigated and caught Ferrari cheating, the cars are obviously no slower, but that seems to be the end of it.

Because of the short track, the margins will be very tight at Brazil, the performance differences in the cars will be difficult to see or understand.
    It's because they haven't investigated. It's a nicely political move on the part of red bull etc, not going to the full length of accusing them of cheating, just asking "if I were to do this, obviously illegal workaround, is that ok.....".

Usually, in the parallel universe that is Formula 1, if any rumour is strongly denied, it means that there's some truth in it:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/penske...tely-not-true/
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Usually, in the parallel universe that is Formula 1, if any rumour is strongly denied, it means that there's some truth in it:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/penske...tely-not-true/
    Seems to be a lot of people talking about this, linking it to Toto Wolfs absence this weekend

The wife has just commented on the entire sky f1 teams overly tight trousers in the crotch area. Do they all go to the same snug in the front tailor?

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Surely that technical directive had nothing to do with Ferrari's speed... Talking about Ferrari: the weirdest overtaking ever!

One of the most exciting races ever!
    Last edited by thieuster; 17th November 2019 at 19:47.

Given the incident that's just occurred, and many others over the last couple of seasons, if I were the Ferrari boss I would be firing Vettel; he just can't handle a young talent beating him. Look back to Azerbaijan and him running into Hamilton when he, wrongly, stated that Hamilton had brake checked him.

Another snoozefest!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Another snoozefest!
    Did you watch the right race? I admit that there were quiet stretches but there was also plenty of drama.

Blog Entries
    Another snoozefest!
    Really? VER 2x overtaking on HAM. 2 Ferrari's hitting each other, HAM on ALB in the last part of the race, GAS sprinting his car to second place leaving HAM one meter behind him. This was an edge of the seat race!

Two things: according to VER on the radio, HAM didn't lift under yellow and the HAM - ALB incident is still under investigation.

And, given Ferrari's speed during the race, it's clear that it's history since the Directive!

Haha! LCL and VET being interviewed by Dutch TV with a PR lady standing very very close to them. Very diplomatic answers.
    Last edited by thieuster; 17th November 2019 at 20:16.

Another snoozefest!
    Tongue in cheek I'm guessing ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Tongue in cheek I'm guessing ;)
    Yes, and apologies - I couldn't find an appropriate 'smiley'.

Blog Entries
    Yes, and apologies - I couldn't find an appropriate 'smiley'.
    Pfwwww! I was wondering (didn't write it at first) how much excitement you would need before you think 'not a snoozefest'. I didn't catch the tongue-in-cheek. I must have been too happy with VER victory.

Another snoozefest!
    In fairness it wasn’t very exciting until they chucked in a safety car for no understandable reason, maybe they should throw one in at every race.

Honda do seem to be able to hold their own in a drag race with Merc or Ferrari now.

Someone remind me what let them race means, or does it only apply if you are driving a Ferrari

Lewis 5 second penalty, Sainz promoted to the podium!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ziphos View Post
    Sainz under investigation for using DRS under yellow...

Master
    Good race today plenty of exciting things on and off track, pleased Hamilton got penalised for that he deserved it for spoiling a good result for albon

In fairness it wasn’t very exciting until they chucked in a safety car for no understandable reason, maybe they should throw one in at every race.

Honda do seem to be able to hold their own in a drag race with Merc or Ferrari now.

Totally agree with you. A full blown safety car, not waved yellows or a VSC, for Bottas was a joke and ruined the race.

However before getting into the nitty gritty, well done to MV for his win - an excellent drive. Such a shame he had spoilt it with his "Lewis not slowing down enough under yellows" whinge, which just made him sound like a little bitch. You would have thought he might have learnt his lesson - clearly not.

Regarding Albon, great drive, but he did leave a gap, which Lewis occupied, before Albon turned in. Lewis may have apologised, but the problem was actually caused by Albon. In my humble opinion.

Bottas once again failed to shine. He can drive, but he cannot race.

As for Lewis, race spoilt by a poor tire strategy, not helped by Race Control, but I think he knew that second place was the best he could have hoped for today.

Finally, the Ferraris. I watched the incident a couple of times and think that with Vettel (with DRS) being on the outside and passing CLC, that CLC should have moved over to provide his team mate a bit more room, especially with a left hand turn coming up. That said both were to blame, because you don't take your team mate out. Rule 1 of the drivers handbook.

It will not make the folks in Maranello very happy. Two DNFs, a couple of 100ks in damage, two drivers looking like complete dicks and now having to find an exit strategy for one driver.

Friedrich Nietzsche

What a race ,fantastic drive by Max he really is going to be something special

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ziphos View Post
    Does that move LH to 7th?

Update Answering my own question, yes it does...according to one website I've just seen.
    Last edited by PickleB; 17th November 2019 at 21:23.

And I think that it would have been more reasonable for Vettel to have moved over and allowed Leclerc on his fresher tyres to have a go at Albon in time to grab a podium place. But then they are racing drivers...