closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: You think I could get a discount?

You think I could get a discount?

Surely I could get 20% off

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I'm amazed to see it can me made that cheaply! The price surely doesnt even cover the cost of delivery!

I think you should make an offer just to see what you can achieve haha

I'm honestly tempted just to see what a 1 quid watch is like!

Are you sure you wouldn’t just get a photograph of a counterfeit Tissot?

Journeyman
    Gotta love a painted on subdial

Journeyman
    Thats a lot of money for that, think about the depreciation. It's you're hard earned though

Craftsman
    That is just for the strap, not the watch, isn't it?

If it is for the watch, please can you add a link as I'll buy 20 for kids party bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Queen View Post
    That is just for the strap, not the watch, isn't it?

If it is for the watch, please can you add a link as I'll buy 20 for kids party bags.
    That's for watch!!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078MB8M..._-o4mCb6AH36T7

Buy 5 and fill a decoy safe with them..........

Seriously though - these will come from China and arrive in the UK to be delivered by Royal Mail - with absolutely no revenue to RM - just the hassle.

It’s all this Chinese stuff that will kill the Royal Mail as we know it, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Buy 5 and fill a decoy safe with them..........

Seriously though - these will come from China and arrive in the UK to be delivered by Royal Mail - with absolutely no revenue to RM - just the hassle.

It’s all this Chinese stuff that will kill the Royal Mail as we know it, I think.
    Why, do they have to deliver whatever's sent from abroad FOC?

(face palm) “Clasp type: Leather deployment buckle” and picture clearly illustrates a conventional buckle.

The Q&As are pretty funny, too. “Does it have Bluetooth?”

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Why, do they have to deliver whatever's sent from abroad FOC?
    I have copied the answer I got when I posed the question on another forum, when I realised the RM couldn’t be getting anything:

They have a cheap deal with the post office as they are a "developing nation".

Think about the economics behind this. All the UK sellers on Ebay and Amazon that buy stuff from China have to pay to ship it half way round the world, and then import duty on top which effectively doubles the cost price original paid for the item when it is landed in the UK. UK sellers then pay UK postage rates to ship it out. The reality is you can often buy the same item delivered from China for cheaper than I could buy it direct from the factory.

UK sellers are constantly undercut. The UK government lose out on the corporation tax & income tax that UK sellers pay, and our own postal service is forced to subsidise this.

I'm pretty sure these sellers have to pay RM one way or another. What happens with goods from China is that they usually ship in bulk. If you check that watch for example, it will arrive somewhere between 24th of Jan and 2nd of Feb.

This is the type of watch that would be described as "affordable luxury" on Kickstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by gerasimos33 View Post
    I'm pretty sure these sellers have to pay RM one way or another. What happens with goods from China is that they usually ship in bulk. If you check that watch for example, it will arrive somewhere between 24th of Jan and 2nd of Feb.

This is the type of watch that would be described as "affordable luxury" on Kickstarter.

What piqued my interest was a bag of (supposed) chilli seeds I bought off Amazon for £0.09 (delivered from China)

They came by air.

Now -I have yet to propagate them, as I am pretty sure they are simply dried capsicum seeds - but if you can see any revenue to RM from that 9 pence total cost, you are a financial wizard!

Craftsman
    I am no expert but I have a teeny weeny suspicion that this may be a 'homage', and not a highly collectable original Tissot. Might be a job for Hayward.

Ordered it anyway because £1.19. I shall report my own finding's once I taken a loupe to it.

Likely to be flipped on SC if it is still working by the time I get 250 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus.furius View Post

Master
    Don’t forget to post a review when it arrives :-)

I am no expert but I have a teeny weeny suspicion that this may be a 'homage', and not a highly collectable original Tissot. Might be a job for Hayward.

Ordered it anyway because £1.19. I shall report my own finding's once I taken a loupe to it.

Remember, you will be watched like a hawk for any profiteering

Master
    Blog Entries

Yeah, Justin Hayward!

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    What piqued my interest was a bag of (supposed) chilli seeds I bought off Amazon for £0.09 (delivered from China)

They came by air.

Now -I have yet to propagate them, as I am pretty sure they are simply dried capsicum seeds - but if you can see any revenue to RM from that 9 pence total cost, you are a financial wizard!
    You say that all these goods are delivered to the UK at RM’s expense, yet you order 9p stuff from China - makes sense.

I can assure you that I’m not a financial wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by gerasimos33 View Post
    You say that all these goods are delivered to the UK at RM’s expense, yet you order 9p stuff from China - makes sense.

I can assure you that I’m not a financial wizard.

No - delivered ‘within’ the UK with no revenue to RM

I ordered the seeds without realising they were coming from China.

Master

Just ordered one, 98p delivered!
    Now I’ll just forget all about it and when it turns up in about three months time I’ll be surprised

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dizz; 8th January 2019 at 01:14.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dizz View Post
    Just ordered one, 98p delivered!
    Now I’ll just forget all about it and when it turns up in about three months time I’ll be surprised
    That’s prettier & cheaper.

Master
    Yep, And is probably just as likely to disintegrate into dust the first time I try and set it.

Master
    I left Royal Mail in 2003, so it might have changed now, but back then the International postage thing was covered by reciprocal agreements with all other national postal services.

A ‘you deliver ours and we’ll deliver yours’ sort of thing. The volumes nowadays must be a bit more skewed though, with all the stuff purchased from China, so maybe there’s a different deal in place now.

Certainly the tracking seems more joined up between RM and China Post etc.

Anything from carriers other than the National was still chargeable though, which is why Fed Ex etc used their own distribution and delivery networks, although they can pay to get downstream access to Royal Mails delivery network now if they want it.

On the subject of the watch, I note you can get a discount if you purchase 20 units, so maybe good for those kids party bags after all...

Master

Well it arrived today all 98p of it!!!
    First impression are......
    It’s very light!... 40mm sans crown (I’m sure it said 38mm in the advert) with a faux leather strap which actually is not too bad, (although one of the keepers fell off as soon as I touched it)
    Sub dials/pushers don’t move and the crown felt fragile when I pulled it out, oh and the second hand stopped/hacking when the crown was pulled out so obviously this is a very sophisticated and upmarket quartz movement.
    Lume was ok but faded quickly after a short charge with a led torch.
    Going to try it on a nato at the weekend, I think this will suit the watch better and will of course add to the value immensely.
    So now on to the pictures which show it in all its 98p worth of lovely ness .....

Craftsman
    haha I'm disappointed there isn't a glass caseback so we can't see the undoubtedly beautiful quarts movement

Craftsman
    Mine arrived today too

This is the top of the range, Shshd PRC200, retailing at £1.19 inc P&P. I'm not sure how to pronounce the manufacturer's name, 'Shshd' - looks like it's missing an 'i' and a 't' somewhere. Feast your eyes:

Let's just zoom in a bit on that lovely dial:

Those of you with a keen eye will notice that the sub-dial arrangement is a little odd. To save weight, the engineers at Shshd have dispensed with the traditional and heavy sub-dial mechanisms. The casual observer wouldn't notice.

Shshd has designed the watch with sporty people in mind: the watch is incredibly light. Rather than spend £500k on a Richard Mille (I'm speaking to you, Rafael Nadal), Shshd purchasers get the same featherweight result in a more £modest package. I've already touched on the sub-dial weight saving, but did you know that the manufacturer has packed out the case with weight saving air? Unbelievable! Its polymer movement mount provides a high degree of shock protection. There is also space in the back to hide a couple of doses of performance enhancing / victory party substances:

No wrist shot this time as I'm trying to keep this investment piece in mint condition. However, here's the obligatory lume shot:

Craftsman
    Mine arrived today too

This is the top of the range, Shshd PRC200, retailing at £1.19 inc P&P. I'm not sure how to pronounce the manufacturer's name, 'Shshd' - looks like it's missing an 'i' and a 't' somewhere. Feast your eyes:

Those of you with a keen eye will notice that the sub-dial arrangement is a little odd. To save weight, the engineers at Shshd have dispensed with the traditional and heavy sub-dial mechanisms. The casual observer wouldn't notice.

Shshd has designed the watch with sporty people in mind: the watch is incredibly light. Rather than spend £500k on a Richard Mille (I'm speaking to you, Rafael Nadal), Shshd purchasers get the same featherweight result in a more £modest package. I've already touched on the sub-dial weight saving, but did you know that the manufacturer has packed out the case with weight saving air? Unbelievable! Its polymer movement mount provides a high degree of shock protection. There is also space in the back to hide a couple of doses of performance enhancing / victory party substances:

No wrist shot this time as I'm trying to keep this investment piece in mint condition. However, here's the obligatory lume shot:

Well at this price and all the unanimously positive reviews I may have to buy one for everyone I know for next Christmas. Job done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Mine arrived today too

OMG.....you have the limited edition PRC200 with the new high spec BLACK LUME!

Craftsman
    Mine arrived today too

Lol, good write up.

I just bought it! I couldn't resist the temptation of spend 1.37£ for a watch! :D :D

Master
    I'm not sure how to pronounce the manufacturer's name, 'Shshd' - looks like it's missing an 'i' and a 't' somewhere.
    Close - the correct pronunciation is Sh*t Shed, referencing the Haute Horology term for a watch with this level of complication.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Close - the correct pronunciation is Sh*t Shed, referencing the Haute Horology term for a watch with this level of complication.

Journeyman
    That lume shot