closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Speedmaster FOIS

  1. #1
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    3,074

    Speedmaster FOIS

    I wonder what the thoughts are on this compared to the 2998, which is my other consideration? What will be a reasonable price on a new piece?

  2. #2
    Master wadsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    W.Berkshire
    Posts
    1,509
    Quote Originally Posted by tim2012 View Post
    I wonder what the thoughts are on this compared to the 2998, which is my other consideration? What will be a reasonable price on a new piece?

    No strictly an answer to your question, but might be of interest?...

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...er-Pro-or-FOIS


    Cheers

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Corsham, UK
    Posts
    74

    Mine...

    No thoughts on this vs 2998 as I'm not familiar with it, but I've recently put my FOIS on a bracelet, and I'm loving it. I had some good straps, but I struggled with finding the perfect strap. I don't see myself taking this one off:


  4. #4
    Master wadsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    W.Berkshire
    Posts
    1,509
    Quote Originally Posted by giuliasuper View Post
    No thoughts on this vs 2998 as I'm not familiar with it, but I've recently put my FOIS on a bracelet, and I'm loving it. I had some good straps, but I struggled with finding the perfect strap. I don't see myself taking this one off:


    Looks nice; what bracelet is it?

    I have a 1565/976 on the way for my FOIS, but I do like it very much on the Pav leather...



  5. #5
    Craftsman Saxon007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by giuliasuper View Post
    No thoughts on this vs 2998 as I'm not familiar with it, but I've recently put my FOIS on a bracelet, and I'm loving it. I had some good straps, but I struggled with finding the perfect strap. I don't see myself taking this one off:


    That bracelet looks quite nice. What is it?

    I have a CK2998 LE, the older blue panda version. It uses the same case as the FOIS. I was thinking of getting an Omega 19mm racing bracelet but might consider the one you have instead if it fits well.

  6. #6
    Journeyman RitchieUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    78
    How do people get on with the manual winding, I've always liked the FOIS but keep getting put off with the manual winding?

    Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Corsham, UK
    Posts
    74

    Beads of rice

    My bracelet is a bit of a mashup. I bought it from a kind gentleman at the Omega forums. It's a Titus band with an Omega clasp grafted on. I would love a proper Omega one, but I've not as yet been able to find one, and this was a fraction of the price. I did have it on a Geckota brown rally strap similar to the one @wadsy has which was probably my fave. For some reason I don't care for the standard strap.

  8. #8
    Master MFB Scotland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Posts
    5,152
    Blog Entries
    1
    The Aqua Terra 19mm bracelet also fits the FOIS and CK2998. Although I prefer the Speedmaster racing bracelet










    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RitchieUK View Post
    How do people get on with the manual winding, I've always liked the FOIS but keep getting put off with the manual winding?

    Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
    I like the manual winding, but I would say it's worth trying before buying a watch with it. If the crown is small or you've got big fingers for example, it can be a chore rather than a pleasure.

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1

    Seeking for advices on steel bracelet

    Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    The Aqua Terra 19mm bracelet also fits the FOIS and CK2998. Although I prefer the Speedmaster racing bracelet










    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The FOIS with the Aqua Terra 19mm bracelet looks awesome! Its great idea and great news! May I know the reference number of that bracelet? Or the reference number of the Aqua Terra that you took the bracelet from? Thanks a lot! By thy way, is there any modification needed for fitting this bracelet onto FOIS? Thanks again.

  11. #11
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    3,730
    I am quite please with my customised 3594.



    All the loveliness of the Speedie Pro bombe lugs, a proper old-stlyle applied logo dial and ultra visible broad arrow hands, due to the customised element, getting James to paint all the hands white.

    Just a possible alternative....
    Dacve

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •