closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best in ear headphones for £30 or less - Recommendations please!

Best in ear headphones for £30 or less - Recommendations please!

As per the above. Been using the standard ones (AKG) that came with my phone and these were great, but I managed to break them, so looking for other ones.

Only 2 real caveats -

1. No wireless please as I listen to hours of music in a day and they just won't last battery-wise.
    2. Must have in line volume control, a mic (to make and receive calls) and play and pause button

Thanks

Mark

I thoroughly suggest going slightly over budget and buying these beyerdynamics https://www.richersounds.com/beyerdy...eadphones.html

And a review - https://www.whathifi.com/beyerdynamic/byron/review

Pretty fantastic, does what you want and very comfortable. Job done!

I think these ones tick all he boxes.

Fas est ab hoste doceri

RHA have a sale on at the moment, and although a little more than your budget the MA600i model are a good buy. There are also lesser priced models down the range. I have a set of the 750i model and they are superb.

https://www.rha-audio.com/uk/deals/j...hoCl0sQAvD_BwE
    F.T.F.A.

Grand Master
    I’m looking for something similar, the ones that came with my ipad are rubbish and they drop out of my ears. I don’t want in-line volume control, they always end up going wrong in my experience and they don’t help sound quality.

Something around £50 that’ll stop in my ears/on my head, with wires, will keep me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    RHA have a sale on at the moment, and although a little more than your budget the MA600i model are a good buy. There are also lesser priced models down the range. I have a set of the 750i model and they are superb.

https://www.rha-audio.com/uk/deals/j...hoCl0sQAvD_BwE
    I second this. Also have the 750’s and although I mostly use wireless now, I was very impressed with the RHA’s. At £38 the 600i will be a pretty safe buy.

Paul, the 750cl’s don’t have any inline volume control are are reduced to £60.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 3rd January 2019 at 19:55.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post

Paul, the 750cl’s don’t have any inline volume control are are reduced to £60.
    Thanks Dave.......provided they’ll stay in my ears these could be OK.....could always use tape to stick ‘em on!

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Have a look at Betron earphones..... these are within budget and pretty good.

+1 for RHAs, I’ve had a pair of their budget MA350s for years, they’ve been now superseded by the MA390s which my son has, and they’re great also. They have a no quibble 3 year guarantee, and come with a decent selection of different size tips which ensure a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Thanks Dave.......provided they’ll stay in my ears these could be OK.....could always use tape to stick ‘em on!
    They wrap over the ear and I’ve found they fit pretty well, but we all have different ears! I believe they come with comply foam tips but I actually use inair tips which can be bought from Amazon. They are very comfortable and provide superb isolation.

I also have a pair of Sony MDREX650. I think I got them for less than £30. They are currently on Amazon for £39 reduced from £60. Very comfortable and have proved very durable, they do have an inline mic though.

Edit. The Sony’s are £30 at Richer Sounds in store.

https://www.whathifi.com/sony/mdr-ex650ap/review
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 3rd January 2019 at 20:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    As per the above. Been using the standard ones (AKG) that came with my phone and these were great, but I managed to break them, so looking for other ones.

Only 2 real caveats -

1. No wireless please as I listen to hours of music in a day and they just won't last battery-wise.
    2. Must have in line volume control, a mic (to make and receive calls) and play and pause button

Thanks

Mark
    Try these, pound for pound they are fantastic...£8.38

https://www.gearbest.com/earphones/p...ml?wid=1433363

Craftsman
    I have a pair of Soundmagic E10C which have the mic and inline controls you are looking for and (to my ears!) they sounded really good.

Journeyman
    Another shout for Soundmagic. I think they come with a variety of plug sizes and have a mixture of foam and neoprene? ones so you shoud find one that is comfortable for yourself. The sound quality is good for the price too

Thanks for the recommendations guys, a lot to go through there!

Mark

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Two pairs of TaoTronics wireless jobbies from Amazon... I have no idea how they do it for £18.

I use these more than my B&W PX which cost 20 times more.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017I9CB..._Ns1lCbA3J65V3

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

Thomas Reid
    I'm happy with RHA MA390s. Very good for the price.

Best wishes,
    Bob

I've been using a pair of Sony headphones which have brass housing for the last 3 years or so and found them excellent.

They were What Hi-Fi's product of the year in 2014.

It would require breaking your budget by £9, but they've been an excellent travel companion for me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Portable-...ack/B00I3LV11K

Edit to add: These are the same ones as menioned above by Mr Tetley
    Last edited by will852; 4th January 2019 at 18:01.

Another vote for Soundmagic E10C’s, love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Another vote for Soundmagic E10C’s, love mine.
    I've got a pair, they are heavy and fall or of my ears which make them useless for running.

1st pair was returned cause the inline broke, 2nd pair went the wrong way too but the didn't work we with Android anyway.

There is something I don't like about the cord too, it springs it when you try to wind them up

I bought some senheiser which to me sound as good and are lighter.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Master
    Sound magic from me as well, had 2 pairs of these and loved them both. Only reason I moved on was I wanted true wireless.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvWatch View Post

Well I need a spare pair to chuck in the car for when I forget my “proper” ‘phones. Ordered a pair, thanks for the heads up!

Try this site: https://www.audiobudget.com/ for reviews.

I've bought a few of his recommendations (and not paid more than £12 for a pair) and they are REALLY good.

He's (unfortunately) started reviewing more expensive ones recently but there are still bargains in there.

Cheers,

Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Try this site: https://www.audiobudget.com/ for reviews.

I've bought a few of his recommendations (and not paid more than £12 for a pair) and they are REALLY good.

He's (unfortunately) started reviewing more expensive ones recently but there are still bargains in there.

Cheers,

Mark C
    Yes i used this site (and others) to find out which were the earphone bargains from the aliexpress site. After a bit of research I went for the Rock Zircons and EZAudio D4 - both were under a tenner each, have brilliant sound quality and are excellent value for money. It's fairly easy to find trusted sellers on the site but they take 2-3 weeks to arrive from China.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post

Only 2 real caveats -

Thanks

Mark
    All the bases covered and brilliant sound https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-...6Q9XVX31KECV53

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    Yes i used this site (and others) to find out which were the earphone bargains from the aliexpress site. After a bit of research I went for the Rock Zircons and EZAudio D4 - both were under a tenner each, have brilliant sound quality and are excellent value for money. It's fairly easy to find trusted sellers on the site but they take 2-3 weeks to arrive from China.
    I got Rock Zircons from Amazon - I think I paid £11 and £7 (they were on sale the second time). I bought a second pair as it would have been rude not to. I've now got 4 pairs of cheap "ChiFi" earphones that are as good as (or better than) my Shure SE115s and cost less in total than I paid for the Shures.

Cheers,

Mark C

Master
    Some good recommendations here, particularly the Sony, Soundmagic, Sennheiser and RHA.

If robustness is a consideration (and it sounds like it is) I'd definitely put the RHAs at the top of the list. They are much beefier built than the others, particularly the Sennheisers which are quite delicate.

If you can stretch to the RHA 750, they loop over the ear which really helps keep them in place.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvWatch View Post

Ordered a pair of kz-ate (Amazon) as the wife has borrowed my other earbuds for the gym, so I won’t see them again!
    Looks like lots of people saying to let them play for 24 hours before listening as they bed in and sound better?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Another vote for RHA from me. I've used them for years, starting with the cheapest in the range but now have the MA750i's.
    I used the 3 year warranty with a previous pair as they stopped working in one ear. This was after about 2 years of use. The service from RHA was excellent. I had a replacement pair the following day and a prepaid envelope to return the faulty set.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Well I need a spare pair to chuck in the car for when I forget my “proper” ‘phones. Ordered a pair, thanks for the heads up!
    https://m.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_...ml?wid=1433363

I can only say WOW. They are ridiculous quality for the money! Thanks again for the heads up!

I can only say WOW. They are ridiculous quality for the money! Thanks again for the heads up!

Glad you are impressed, they certainly have the wow factor for the price, had mine over a year no problems with build quality and I still smile at paying under a tenner.

These do look impressive. Which would be the wireless equivalents? Could do with a spare pair for the gym.

Craftsman

Cool

+ 1 for these. £11.99 from amazon with mic - amazing sound!

Craftsman

Best in ear headphones for £30 or less - Recommendations please!

Have a look at Mpow on Amazon. I use mine for running and the controls being on the earpiece stops them falling out. All he rest with the controls on the wire never stay in for me. Good sound as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Wireless-...ack/B071RV7MH9

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by GMC41; 21st January 2019 at 20:23.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farquare View Post
    I've got a pair, they are heavy and fall or of my ears which make them useless for running.

1st pair was returned cause the inline broke, 2nd pair went the wrong way too but the didn't work we with Android anyway.

There is something I don't like about the cord too, it springs it when you try to wind them up

I bought some senheiser which to me sound as good and are lighter.

I've had a pair of E10 for over two years now. I've used them on a daily basis, I've stepped on them, I've rolled over them with my chair, I've worn them in heavy rain etc. and the things just refuse to die.

The sound is excellent too.

Oh, and I do use mine for running with no issues - there must be something wrong with your ears (are you using the correct ear tips?)

Best earphones I've ever owned.

Yeah, tried all the ear tips and even got foam 1s (which were disgusting)
    Just didn't get on with them although they were used daily for 2 years
    They did sound good, but I'd argue not much different to the sennheisers which replaced them .

I think it's the weight of the metal components that made them fall out when running more than anything else.

Have always loved the Panasonic ones - about £15 and very long lasting. Good sound, super comfort.

Apprentice
    Although not under £30, managed to pick up a pair of KEF M100 headphones for £41 delivered off eBay. RRP circa £100 +

Great pair going off the reviews, can’t wait to give them a try!

Initially doubted whether they were counterfeit. I just don’t think there’s a following on KEF the way there is on Dre Beats for example.

Rung KEF, who was in agreement. Surprisingly helpful even though i’d said i’m not purchasing from an authorised retailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk