closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tudor 2019, will classic Submariner case make a return?

Tudor 2019, will classic Submariner case make a return?

Check this video out (at 14 seconds).

https://www.tudorwatch.com/2019-wish...KlWZ8VFciTbnYE

Does this mean the Submariner classic case will make a return, huh?

Let’s hope so

PS: I'm aware that there was already a Tudor 2019 thread. But this is quite big (imho).

Just imagine if they can price this at around $3K. It will sell like hotcakes. I'll be buying one that's for sure.

If it looked like that I would sell my LV for it. Be all the sub I would want.

That’d be great. I like the brand a lot (old and new).... Red bezel is not for me but a regular noir, or an LV-esque green bezel insert... I’d be first in line for one of those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could just mean bb58 variants that are on the cards, blue bezel
    would be nice.

Unless tudor is bringing back tritium :P

This has Rolex crown and, T SWISS T dial and the bezel pearl has already been "yellowed".

It'd be quite strange if they released it like that, huh?

But then again this is their 2019 promo video. It'd be nasty and misleading to put that watch there if it's not actually coming.

I think there would be queues at AD's across the land for that one!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Like Rolex would allow Tudor to re-release of that? Watchfinder/eBay/chrono2 would suddenly be awash with subs and Black Bays of all denominations!

Master
    Interesting.....

As said above, if this wasn't a new release why would it feature in the video above.

Old model? Interesting that they put it in this video though.Maybe a hint into what comes next.

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    Like Rolex would allow Tudor to re-release of that? Watchfinder/eBay/chrono2 would suddenly be awash with subs and Black Bays of all denominations!
    I agree.

This model would be way too popular and it would also affect 116610 sales.

Master
    Clearly a stupid question but what would be the difference in case between one of these and the 58?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Clearly a stupid question but what would be the difference in case between one of these and the 58?
    This one is the same case that Rolex Submariner used since the model 1680 (40 years or so). Crown guards being the main difference.

Completely diff cases. Smaller crown - crown guards no flat sides. On s separate note though if this is a pic of an old model what is it? Never seen a red bezel sub from Tudor brfore

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPE View Post
    This one is the same case that Rolex Submariner used since the model 1680 (40 years or so). Crown guards being the main difference.

But dimensions roughly the same? Maybe a swap away from my Pelagos to one depending on what is released.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you are watching this Tudor, please, please make it, offer it with a few bezel colour options, and pleeease offer it without a fugly cyclops!

Thank you!

Not keen on homages.

Yet Rolex has form with the GMT last year and zero impact on the sales of the new GMT 2. If anything the demand is pretty much at Daytona levels.

I can see something like this happening personally. Makes sense. Was never a fan of the BB58 styling, a modern look, updated bracelet in an old style Sub case would be immense. And would have zero impact on Rolex sales.

I'll Tweet Lady Gaga and ask her. She'll know.

Master
    Would be an odd one though wouldn’t it? 41mm bb range already oUt there. Likely expansion of the bb58 to other colours as they have invested in the tooling to make it. Also, the Pelagos is out there so where does this realistically fit in?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Yet Rolex has form with the GMT last year and zero impact on the sales of the new GMT 2. If anything the demand is pretty much at Daytona levels.

I can see something like this happening personally. Makes sense. Was never a fan of the BB58 styling, a modern look, updated bracelet in an old style Sub case would be immense. And would have zero impact on Rolex sales.
    As much as I love the look of this, I would be extremely surprised if Tudor was to re-introduce it back into the wild. I think it would eat into Rolex’s market share and upset the sports watch equilibrium. Mind you, stranger things have happened so what will I do with my BBN if it does? 😲

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Not keen on homages.
    Surely it would be more of a re-edition than a homage?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    I'll Tweet Lady Gaga and ask her. She'll know.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    Surely it would be more of a re-edition than a homage?
    Maybe, not being entirely serious. All look much the same to me.

Rolex aren't meeting current demand with their own dive watches, so it would be a wise move imho.

Plus it would make no difference to the average watch buyer, only nerds like us are going to think either or (or both!); most watch buyers are either it has to be a Rolex or they will buy on advertising and recognition etc.
    It's just a matter of time...

As much as I love the look of this, I would be extremely surprised if Tudor was to re-introduce it back into the wild. I think it would eat into Rolex’s market share and upset the sports watch equilibrium. Mind you, stranger things have happened so what will I do with my BBN if it does? 
    I think the below sums it up perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Rolex aren't meeting current demand with their own dive watches, so it would be a wise move imho.

Plus it would make no difference to the average watch buyer, only nerds like us are going to think either or (or both!); most watch buyers are either it has to be a Rolex or they will buy on advertising and recognition etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. I used to have both GMT2C and a 1968 Tudor Sub and not a single person commented on the Tudor while lots of people noticed the Rolex.

Besides didn't Rolex introduce the Tudor Sub because they'd invented the oyster case and wanted to sell more of them? Isn't it perfectly sensible to reissue it and make lots of money without having to tool up for anything?
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. I used to have both GMT2C and a 1968 Tudor Sub and not a single person commented on the Tudor while lots of people noticed the Rolex.

Besides didn't Rolex introduce the Tudor Sub because they'd invented the oyster case and wanted to sell more of them? Isn't it perfectly sensible to reissue it and make lots of money without having to tool up for anything?
    Wonder how much this ‘new’ Tudor would go for today? Comparable with current black bay or Rolex submariner prices or so where in between?

Would be an odd one though wouldn’t it? 41mm bb range already oUt there. Likely expansion of the bb58 to other colours as they have invested in the tooling to make it. Also, the Pelagos is out there so where does this realistically fit in?
    Bb range is heritage. This would be a reissue. I think it’s different enough to be another home run personally especially given the demand and prices of used Tudor subs currently.

Wonder how much this ‘new’ Tudor would go for today? Comparable with current black bay or Rolex submariner prices or so where in between?
    My guess would be £2500.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    My guess would be £2500.
    I think closer to 2800 between Pelagos and 58.

Master
    As much as I love the look of this, I would be extremely surprised if Tudor was to re-introduce it back into the wild. I think it would eat into Rolex’s market share and upset the sports watch equilibrium. Mind you, stranger things have happened so what will I do with my BBN if it does? 
    Why would it eat into Rolex?

Rolex is Rolex and it wouldn’t matter if Tudor made a near identical version of the ceramic sub, it still wouldn’t be a Rolex and sheeple want that name.

You can buy near exact replicas of Rolex with different names but it doesn’t stop people falling over themselves to buy a Rolex and all the waiting list fiasco.

I don’t even see it anything like the current sub anyway, they’re nothing alike. New sub has maxi case and ceramic bezel. At best it’s an alternative for someone looking for a vintage Submariner and Rolex don’t care about that.

I think closer to 2800 between Pelagos and 58.
    Can’t see how it would be more expensive than the bb58. Same size.

Tudor, becoming the watch Rolex used to be.

Then hopefully this,,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Why would it eat into Rolex?

Rolex is Rolex and it wouldn’t matter if Tudor made a near identical version of the ceramic sub, it still wouldn’t be a Rolex and sheeple want that name.

You can buy near exact replicas of Rolex with different names but it doesn’t stop people falling over themselves to buy a Rolex and all the waiting list fiasco.

I don’t even see it anything like the current sub anyway, they’re nothing alike. New sub has maxi case and ceramic bezel. At best it’s an alternative for someone looking for a vintage Submariner and Rolex don’t care about that.
    I can’t argue with that although I would definitely buy the Tudor instead of a Rolex if it meant saving a few £k along the way; it looks superb.

Who knows, it might even be Tudor attempting to do ‘Speedy Tuesday’ with a limited edition red submariner?

Master
    Can’t see how it would be more expensive than the bb58. Same size.
    If pictures are some kind of representation and it will come and will have a date the added complication will push the price up a touch.

Craftsman
    If my memory serves correctly Tudor have posted pictures of this prototype sub before. I can't find the original link now, but a quick google search links to the following reddit page:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/com...dor_prototype/

I would be surprised if Tudor do a close re-release. My guess would be adding colour options to the BB58.

Craftsman
    Completely diff cases. Smaller crown - crown guards no flat sides. On s separate note though if this is a pic of an old model what is it? Never seen a red bezel sub from Tudor brfore
    As far as I know this is a new colour for this model. In my opinion a clever move to go with red, as black, blue or green would probably kill off sales across all other Tudor models!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRtVy39XDWo

Facebook group shared this. Go to 7.31

Looks like a never released red variant made years ago judging by the lume pip and Rolex crown. Move along, nothing to see here..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this would be a massive success. I really hope this is released.

I’d be cautious about reading too much into this. It’s probably just an image spliced into a video that thought looked good rather than a hint at anything upcoming. It features in the 2018 segment rather than 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I’d be cautious about reading too much into this. It’s probably just an image spliced into a video that thought looked good rather than a hint at anything upcoming. It features in the 2018 segment rather than 2019.
    Agreed. The video is clearly split into 2 segments.

Although a red bezel, white indices/hands in the 58 case would be lovely....

Master
    I think Tudor's strategy is take more sales from the likes of Omega, Breitling and other brands at that price point (although appreciating that the likes of Omega have moved more "up market" in their pricing over the recent past). If they lost a few Rolex sales along the way they would still be better off as a whole.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

I've seen Tudor use that pic before, apparently it's a 90's prototype that they lifted the burgundy bezel tone from to use on the black bay heritage range.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Tudor, becoming the watch Rolex used to be.

Then hopefully this,,
    Yes to this. Sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by tomp View Post
    Yes to this. Sign me up!
    +1

I agree with others, people in the video are wearing the watch, unless it is just a preproduction sample.

The Red insert is stunning and how nice to move away from the snowflake hands. I like the T Swiss T touch, but a lot of people on here moaned when CWC put a circled T on a Luminova watch - fussy gits

Could see a big demand for this.

Craftsman
    What a video. Definitely going to be looking out for theis year's release. This red bezel sub really ticks all the boxes. hope it comes in the bb58 size, prob as a bb58 variant as mentioned before above. would be great!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk