closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Kettlebell thread

Master
    So inspired by this thread I've bought a 12Kg kettlebell (Amazon Basics) and have a 16Kg one coming next week. Before the pandemic I did do some free weights down the gym but I've always struggled to get into it as I much prefer cardio (spinning). During lockdown I did precious little exercise and whilst I've been back to the gym spinning but I haven't lifted a weight for over 3 years now and with the inevitable results.

I've just started with the Greg Brookes beginner's exercise and I like how the body interacts with the weight so hopefully I will keep it going.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    So inspired by this thread I've bought a 12Kg kettlebell (Amazon Basics) and have a 16Kg one coming next week. Before the pandemic I did do some free weights down the gym but I've always struggled to get into it as I much prefer cardio (spinning). During lockdown I did precious little exercise and whilst I've been back to the gym spinning but I haven't lifted a weight for over 3 years now and with the inevitable results.

I've just started with the Greg Brookes beginner's exercise and I like how the body interacts with the weight so hopefully I will keep it going.
    That's great to read. That is also how I started, 12kg, 16kg and Greg Brookes workouts. Since then I've gained 20, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36kg kettlebells.

Master
    I’ve signed up for a short kettlebell taster session at our sports centre this week.
    Not that I really need it, but wanted to support the trainer there who is trying to introduce kettlebell classes to the centre/public.

Master
    Just thought I'd put this up in case anyone is interested.

There are two kettlebell classes run by Strong First at Unique results gym in Chelmsford Essex over the weekend of 16 and 17 Sept 2023.

Details here - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kettleb...f=erelpanelorg

and here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kettleb...f=erelpanelorg

Quote Originally Posted by Essexman View Post
    Just thought I'd put this up in case anyone is interested.

There are two kettlebell classes run by Strong First at Unique results gym in Chelmsford Essex over the weekend of 16 and 17 Sept 2023.

Details here - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kettleb...f=erelpanelorg

and here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kettleb...f=erelpanelorg
    Amazing thanks for posting. I'm always surprised how few courses StrongFirst seem to do here and none ever in London.

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Amazing thanks for posting. I'm always surprised how few courses StrongFirst seem to do here and none ever in London.

To be fair the Strong First courses are run from smaller private gyms, and I would guess there's not many of those left in London?

James who owns and runs Unique Results is a Strong First instructor, and credit to him he runs a few different courses over the years. They've had Mr Mace man, Dan John, Flexible Steel to name a few.

To be fair the Strong First courses are run from smaller private gyms, and I would guess there's not many of those left in London?

James who owns and runs Unique Results is a Strong First instructor, and credit to him he runs a few different courses over the years. They've had Mr Mace man, Dan John, Flexible Steel to name a few.
    Plenty around north London where I live.

That's great - would love to go to a Dan John session!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Plenty around north London where I live.

That's great - would love to go to a Dan John session!

Yes, he's a legend. Do you listen to his weekly podcast? He's also regularly on Pat Flynns podcast.

Yes, he's a legend. Do you listen to his weekly podcast? He's also regularly on Pat Flynns podcast.
    Not into Podcasts but I get his emails and have followed some of his programmes. Just tried the humane burpee!