closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Harrods Green Bay vs Bucherer Bronze

Apprentice

Harrods Green Bay vs Bucherer Bronze

Hi folks, random lurker making my intro here. I've been into the watch collecting hobby for the past 4 years now, having built up a modest collection of Rolex and Tudor watches with the odd Seiko thrown in for good measure.

I'm in the rare position of being offered both of the special edition Tudor Black Bays from either Harrods and Bucherer.

Which one do you guys think I should get and your reasons for and against each watch?

Background info, I don't already have a Black Bay, nor a Bronze watch. Re-sale value may be something to consider should a grail watch become available down the line, though I'm more of a collector then a flipper and in the Harrods Green Bay I would probably keep longer term.

I really do like the look of both of these watches and can't decide which to get.

Harrods - reasons are it comes with bracelet, it’s smaller, it has free nato with it and I prefer steel to bronze

Journeyman
    I'd go Harrods for the same reasons as below

Yep, Harrods for me too.

Personally, I’d go for the Harrods out of the two (it’s the one I bought,

but... if you do could you still pick up the Bucharer model for me and I’ll sort the payment for it? :) I’m looking to add the Bucherer and then sell off the standard model that I have, as although I really like the Bronze Black Bay, I do prefer the look of the blue version.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Has to be the harrods for me. The green just looks so right with the gilt gold, looks very elegant indeed. Looks to be holding value a little better to.

Journeyman
    The Bronze Bucherer gets my vote as I prefer the colour combination.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Harrods - reasons are it comes with bracelet, it’s smaller, it has free nato with it and I prefer steel to bronze
    Learn something new everyday! I thought it was 41mm.

Op buy both if you can ;) but if it’s only one then Harrods one, but I may be biased!

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Learn something new everyday! I thought it was 41mm.

Op buy both if you can ;) but if it’s only one then Harrods one, but I may be biased!
    I could be wrong but I thought butcherer was 43

Master
    Harrods for me and I didn't know they were slightly smaller (39mm?). I like them but not at a premium but then I said that about the Sub LV. I think the Harrods will maintain a good residual and may even rise in value.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I could be wrong but I thought butcherer was 43
    Sorry that’s what I meant to say, read your post too quickly. I thought the Bucherer one was 41mm

I thínk I would opt for the Harrods, although the Bucherer on SC looked really good. Not sure about owning a bronze watch for the long run. Had a Steinhart bronze once, but kept thinking about the aging process every time I wore it and end up selling it for that very reason.

The Bucherer in Steel would be a different beast in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Harrods for me and I didn't know they were slightly smaller (39mm?). I like them but not at a premium but then I said that about the Sub LV. I think the Harrods will maintain a good residual and may even rise in value.
    Harrods is 41mm. As for values I think it will solely depend on how many end up being produced

Craftsman
    Harrods for me also, the green is just perfect long term you won't go wrong.

Harrods for me!

It really is a lovely watch. Re future values it definitely depends on the number made as has already been said. The last I read they were well into the 1200+ bracket.
    I do think it will always be desirable though and therefore command a premium over the standard models.

Either way I don't think you can go wrong...be sure to keep us updated with what you go for.

enjoy!

I’m going to swim against the tide (again!), and say that for me the Bucherer Bronze wins this competition hands down. The blue-on-bronze colour scheme is fantastic, at 43mm it’s a far better size (imo obviously) and I just can’t get my head round green watches.

Oh, and if it matters the Bucherer Bronze is selling at a very significant premium over list price at present...

Simon

Harrods

For me it’s the harrods edition. Better looking in the flesh and more wearable (for me)

Love the look of the bronze in pictures but wonder how well it would age and would it start to look dated.

The harrrods green is classic imo.

Nice problem to have though!

Jon

Apprentice
    I am leaning more towards the Harrods Green Bay in part because it's got a more traditional everyday look to it but also because of the points raised by fellow posters of having the bracelet plus strap and smaller size.

I haven't tried it on but I have tried on the Bucherer bronze which is the maximum size my slender 6.5" wrists can carry. Does look gorgeous in blue and bronze though. Took a photo of it on my wrist but accessing the site via the phone so can't upload it here.

Oh and happy new year!

Master
    Harrods is more classic looking watch. The Bucherer more ”bold”.
    I believe the Bucherer is already discontinued, if it makes any difference.
    Bucherer nato strap is quite short. My wrist is 7,5 inches and it just goes on the last hole.

Craftsman
    I do love the numerals, but in the flesh it just looked too big for my skinny wrists. Perhaps at Basel they will do a numbered dial on the 39 or 41 :)

Harrods all day, but no harm in both if offered.

Craftsman
    would vote for both if possible.

Otherwise, OP has probably already nailed in his choice, saying that for the harrods it will be longer term.

I wiuld think that in having a few rolexes and tudors already, a bucherer would probably add a little more variation to your collection.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Hi. I love both and I have both... I know, it won’t help you in your choice.

The Bucherer is much bigger than the Harrods. The Bronze does not help, but it is very nautical.
    The Harrods is more a classic watch but the green, black, gold looks more classy.

If you want to avoid regrets, go for the 2 . You can still sell one in the future...

Make a good choice, your choice.

Luc

I prefer a 5512/3 - these two look as if they are trying to hard.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Harrods without question.

Apprentice
    Bucherer is re-opening the waiting list for the Bucherer Blue BB in 2019 (information on a forum).

Is it true ?

The value of the BBBB could go down if it is true .

Luc

Quote Originally Posted by Lucd View Post
    Bucherer is re-opening the waiting list for the Bucherer Blue BB in 2019 (information on a forum).

Is it true ?

The value of the BBBB could go down if it is true .

Luc
    I expect the Harrods one will run for a long time also

Craftsman
    I have the BB Blue, and I frankly love the bracket on it. But I would swap it for that green. So the Harrods for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by watchspike View Post
    Hi folks, random lurker making my intro here. I've been into the watch collecting hobby for the past 4 years now, having built up a modest collection of Rolex and Tudor watches with the odd Seiko thrown in for good measure.

I'm in the rare position of being offered both of the special edition Tudor Black Bays from either Harrods and Bucherer.

Which one do you guys think I should get and your reasons for and against each watch?

Background info, I don't already have a Black Bay, nor a Bronze watch. Re-sale value may be something to consider should a grail watch become available down the line, though I'm more of a collector then a flipper and in the Harrods Green Bay I would probably keep longer term.

I really do like the look of both of these watches and can't decide which to get.
    Which did you end up getting?
    This was several days ago now.

Journeyman
    When i spoke to harrods they said they had 1000’s already on the list which put me off

Does anyone know if true and what was your wait time before getting it?

Craftsman
    Another vote for Harrods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    I vote for Harrods.
    In fact, I'd say it is nicer than the Kermit and the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by astroshot View Post
    I vote for Harrods.
    My personal order would be:
    16610LV
    Harrods
    Bucherer
    116610LV

Quote Originally Posted by watchingyou View Post
    When i spoke to harrods they said they had 1000’s already on the list which put me off

6 & 7 months for me and a colleague. Definitely worth putting your name down it is a lovely watch!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by astroshot View Post
    I vote for Harrods.
    I would have agreed with this until I got one.
    Once purchased I really didn’t like it, it’s a watch that looks much better in pictures than life which is unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Once purchased I really didn’t like it, it’s a watch that looks much better in pictures than life which is unusual.
    I feel the opposite. Don’t think the pictures do it justice tbh . Such is the joy of personal viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by watchingyou View Post

My friend put his name down on the list today, they quoted 6-12 months wait.

Journeyman
    agreed find it somewhat underwhelming in the flesh

Quote Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
    agreed find it somewhat underwhelming in the flesh
    I’m really surprised, for me it’s a stand out watch, the bezel insert colour is close to perfect - the rest is what you’d expect from a Black Bay. Not sure what else someone buying one would have expected.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 6th January 2019 at 00:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I’m really surprised, for me it’s a stand out what, the bezel insert colour is close to perfect - the rest is what you’d expect from a Black Bay. Not sure what else someone buying one would have expected.
    +1

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Which did you end up getting?
    This was several days ago now.
    Been quite busy over the past week so not been on here much. After canvassing the opinions here, seems more people prefer the Harrods over the Bucherer. Despite all the received wisdom on here, I couldn't make my mind up so I got.... both!

both watches 1.jpgboth watches 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by watchspike View Post
    Been quite busy over the past week so not been on here much. After canvassing the opinions here, seems more people prefer the Harrods over the Bucherer. Despite all the received wisdom on here, I couldn't make my mind up so I got.... both!

both watches 1.jpgboth watches 2.jpg
    So in hand do you have one you prefer?

Apprentice

I told you to get both. You are just weak, you can not resist 😍.
    Just kidding. I am weak too. I got both.

Which one is your prefer ?

I know, it is difficult. Both are your babies.

Enjoy them ....a lot. Congratulations.

Luc

Banned
    I’m really surprised, for me it’s a stand out watch, the bezel insert colour is close to perfect - the rest is what you’d expect from a Black Bay. Not sure what else someone buying one would have expected.
    Since owing one I now know I don’t like fake aged indices on any watches.
    Also to many colours Imho, if the indices and minutes markers were white as the bezel numbers I think it would look much nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Harrods is more classic looking watch. The Bucherer more ”bold”.
    I believe the Bucherer is already discontinued, if it makes any difference.
    Bucherer nato strap is quite short. My wrist is 7,5 inches and it just goes on the last hole.
    Great pic. I’m pleased to say that I now also have both of them, and I’m not sure I could choose between them - same brand, but completely different looks, but both the best looking watch in the respective model range for me.

Since owing one I now know I don’t like fake aged indices on any watches.
    Also to many colours Imho, if the indices and minutes markers were white as the bezel numbers I think it would look much nicer.
    I’m not convinced. The white lume Black Bay Blue dial is my least favourite of the Black a Bay range (it’s not bad at all, I just prefer every other model above it). Ideally I wouldn’t have said Inwent for fake lume, but I now have quite a large number of watches with off white coloured lume, and I really do like every single one of them.

Banned
    Great pic. I’m pleased to say that I now also have both of them, and I’m not sure I could choose between them - same brand, but completely different looks, but both the best looking watch in the respective model range for me.

I’m not convinced. The white lume Black Bay Blue dial is my least favourite of the Black a Bay range (it’s not bad at all, I just prefer every other model above it). Ideally I wouldn’t have said Inwent for fake lume, but I now have quite a large number of watches with off white coloured lume, and I really do like every single one of them.
    It just goes to show how people’s taste differ, I much prefer the GMT dial.
    This week I purchased the Black Bay Blue from this forum as it’s my favourite dial.

They are all nice, and the GMT looks great. T added benefit of a date is good too. Absolutely nothing wrong with the blue Black Bay, and if that's your preference then all good - enjoy :)

Craftsman
    Excellent choice, both! :)

I have my name down for the Harrods (six months now I think) , I hope I get one, but not too soon.