closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Hong Kong and beyond

  1. #51
    It's a real shame you have to cancel but with kids I would feel the same. I'm also staying at the Cordis in November - as long as the flights are running I'll still go. I would lose the money on the flight and hotel if I cancelled now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    After 4 months of watching whatís going on weíve made the decision and cancelled. We were staying at the Cordis and it was non refundable and there was a thread on TA about it last night about. This is a dream holiday for us and everyone is just worrying about it. We fly in and outside twice so thatís 4 time we could face problems. Itís cost a lot of money to rebook via Singapore but weíre much happier now.

    I have over £2,000 in Hong Kong dollars, anyone know the best company to sell them through?

  2. #52
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    It's a real shame you have to cancel but with kids I would feel the same. I'm also staying at the Cordis in November - as long as the flights are running I'll still go. I would lose the money on the flight and hotel if I cancelled now.
    We would have gone if we werenít taking our 3 year old, just couldnít take the risk with her.

    Shane, it may be worth you following this thread:

    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTo...Hong_Kong.html

  3. #53
    Thanks a lot - Iíll keep track of the messages as they come in.

    I donít have any other options apart from going or cancelling as I booked the flight and hotel via Cathay Pacific. I wonít be refunded if I cancel. I guess the only way Iíd get a refund is if either the flight is cancelled or the British Embassy says itís too dangerous to travel.

    I also checked my travel insurance and they said that civil unrest is not covered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    We would have gone if we werenít taking our 3 year old, just couldnít take the risk with her.

    Shane, it may be worth you following this thread:

    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTo...Hong_Kong.html

  4. #54
    Hopefully things will improve and the situation will be better from now on

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-50150853

  5. #55
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    By the TOLL Road
    Posts
    3,261
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post

    I also checked my travel insurance and they said that civil unrest is not covered.
    What if our Government said not to go I wonder how the insurance stands then

  6. #56
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    M62 corridor
    Posts
    2,115
    No way will the Chinese government give up. They will bide their time.

    Very sorry for the people of HK.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Hopefully things will improve and the situation will be better from now on

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-50150853

  7. #57
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Hopefully things will improve and the situation will be better from now on

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-50150853
    I really hope things improve over there. For us switching to Singapore was the right choice and were much happier taking our daughter there.

    Despite the extra costs, one bit of good news is that on our way back we stop over in Singapore again and the night were there U2 are playing, so weíve booked that. Canít wait to see them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •