closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Damasko Warranty?

Journeyman

Damasko Warranty?

Hi guys,

I bought a Damasko DA37 in mid 2017 from P&C, and it’s run badly ever since. Currently at -28 seconds a day which is the worst timekeeping of any mechanical watch I’ve ever had!

Anyway, I can’t find any info on the Damasko website about warranty. Does anyone know how long it is and what it covers?

I do love the watch but I’m really getting sick of it’s time keeping.

Contact Damasko directly - avoid P&C at all costs. You'll be within warranty as from brand new it's 2 years.

Edit: I've no idea what accuracy they claim, but I'd be surprised if yours was deemed as within spec (if it is, please do let us know as that's pretty poor for the price point).

Email damasko direct although tbh they don't have a great rep for consumer care or after sales.

P and C are even worse apparently

Although I am wondering why you've waited nearly a year and a half to get this rectified if youve had the problem from new?

Good luck anyway. Hope you get it sorted. Lovely watches if you don't mind having a panzer tank on your wrist.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    Funny you should say that..
    Ive had three in the last two years and all of them were easily the worst ETA based watches ive ever had as far as timekeeping.. for the money there is no excuse, they use base grade movements .. if Steinhart can use Elabore grade for less than half the price.
    Anyway warranty is two years and Chronomaster are now authorised dealers..
    I would contact them first , ETA are easy to regulate.. but officially they have to go back to Germany..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Email damasko direct although tbh they don't have a great rep for consumer care or after sales.

P and C are even worse apparently

Although I am wondering why you've waited nearly a year and a half to get this rectified if youve had the problem from new?

Good luck anyway. Hope you get it sorted. Lovely watches if you don't mind having a panzer tank on your wrist.
    Yeah I know. I’ve known it’s not great. Visiting my dad over Christmas, he has a machine thing that measures watches and when he told me the numbers and how it’s running and how bad that is for such a new watch, it really annoyed me. So that’s why!

At -28 secs per day I would have flipped it back to P&C for a refund long ago.

You might be better off having an indy look at it for regulation. Damasko will take weeks to get back to you, keep the watch for weeks, and probably return it running at -27 secs. They build brilliant watches but are not known for excellent service.

Doesn't sound like you wear it much. Are you sure its been 'fully charged' when testing the timekeeping?

Journeyman
    Doesn't sound like you wear it much. Are you sure its been 'fully charged' when testing the timekeeping?
    I’ve worn it 24/7 since I bought it. So I assume I shouldn’t need to manually wind it.
    Last edited by PMPM; 30th December 2018 at 20:36.

Quote Originally Posted by PMPM View Post
    I’ve worn it 24/7 since I bought it. So I assume I shouldn’t need to manually wind it.
    Can't believe you've put up with it for so long!
    Needs to be returned, although the more pragmatic solution might be a reliable indy service as already suggested

Journeyman
    Well my Dad repairs / rebuilds watches, mainly Rolex. I could ask him? Or contact Damasko? Or Chronomaster?

What would you do?

Well my Dad repairs / rebuilds watches, mainly Rolex. I could ask him? Or contact Damasko? Or Chronomaster?

What would you do?
    If your dad does this, then he sounds like a good first call!

Craftsman
    Do you need to ask..
    These are easy compared to a freesprung balance.. its got easy adjustment built in..
    Case back comes off easily.. Viton gasket. So tough you dont need to replace it if youre careful.. and a faraday cage to remove.. I adjusted all three of mine myself...
    Get your dad to do it.. he has the timing machine also

Master
    Contact Damasko directly. I had one that was running about -8/-9 over 24 hours. Back to Damasko under warranty with them covering the postage both ways and back to me in around a week. Running within COSC spec when it returned. I have found Damasko very good to deal with directly.

What would you do?
    Bang my head against something

Craftsman
    Bang my head against something
    I just did that!! Getting the ham out of the oven..!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    I just did that!! Getting the ham out of the oven..!!!!!

I really hope that's not a metaphor

Craftsman
    If i knew what a Metaphor was id tell you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    If i knew what a Metaphor was id tell you!!

Its a big hairy thing that lives in the middle of a maze

Craftsman
    Its a big hairy thing that lives in the middle of a maze
    Im a mazed at that.. no wonder I can never find it

Arrow

I second the idea of not bothering with P&C; my last Damasko had the in-house movement so was at the top end of their range and regulation was poor and exceeded the rates mentioned in the user manual (no mention of these guaranteed though by Damasko). I asked PC about returning it under warranty or if they had a local watchmaker who could do it without voiding the Damasko guarantee..after multiple follow ups to them over a three month period (phone and email) with the following type of replies “we still havent had a response from Damasko” or “Damasko have promised us a response by next Friday”...which never occurred I decided to call it a day with the brand after owning quite a few and I moved the watch on. Was this PC or Damasko or a combination (I suspect the latter), for the money that they charge Damasko shouldnt expect their customers to tolerate poor adjustment but they apparently do, I expect that from a £200 Seiko (usually they end up being acceptable as it happens).

Do my advice, go straight to Damasko but dont expect a fast response (unlike Sinn who have always been fast and good in my experience).

Keith

I had a small problem with my DC56 and it went back to Damasko under warranty via the AD. It was back in about two and a half weeks IIRC. The AD was Eddie at the time.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Based on my P&C experiences, I’d avoid them at all costs. Utter clowns & blame delays on others.

Craftsman
    By the look if their accounts many of us are avoiding them.. when will Sinn ditch them I wonder.. cant be long

Craftsman
    I've fancied getting a Damasko for quite a while but have been put off by stories like in this thread.

At least with my 3 Sinn's, if they need service I can wait until my Sister is over from Germany and she can take them into Juwelier Roberto in the next town. They did a great job of servicing my Sinn U2. No need to worry about my watches getting lost in the postal service.