closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Trailfinders travel agents

Trailfinders travel agents

I’m wanting to tour around Canada next year and have been advised to use “Trailfinders” travel agents.

https://www.trailfinders.com

Has anyone had experience of them or can give some advice/guidance. ?

Thanks

Master
    Just used Travel Nation for a trip to the States and was impressed

https://www.travelnation.co.uk/desti...days-in-canada

Craftsman
    We “used” them for a similar trip. Went in, got an agent with a lot of local knowledge who put together a really good itinerary in terms of where to stop and for how long but then we ended up booking everything ourselves as it was about £500 cheaper to do so.

Used Trailfinders last year for a trip to Colombia. We did 4 centres, internal flights, tours - they were brilliant for a trip like that as booking that all independently would have been nearly impossible

Very knowledgeable staff, accommodating on making changes etc

But quite expensive - I guess we have all got used to not paying/receiving service

Suspect for somewhere like Canada you could arrange it yourself and save money, but Canada is a big place with lots of variety so it may be worth paying for the expertise

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I have used them a couple of times and considered them for a couple of other things.

Were good for a RTW ticket as I couldn’t get the right route myself online and they had a good price. Recently booked part of a US trip with them as they got a hotel/flight package to secure a better flight price and also allowed me to pay a deposit and then the balance rather than whole cost up front as you would usually pay with a flight.

Booked the rest of the accom etc separately though as worked out cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Enda View Post
    We “used” them for a similar trip. Went in, got an agent with a lot of local knowledge who put together a really good itinerary in terms of where to stop and for how long but then we ended up booking everything ourselves as it was about £500 cheaper to do so.
    Just like going into a clothes shop for a try on before leaving and ordering online I guess.

People shouldn’t wonder why our high streets are dying.

Master
    We used them several years ago for a big USA trip - couldn't fault what they did for us.

Pete

IMO they are useful (read offer good/some vfm) for obscure destinations, where booking local travel is problematic. Canada is definitely not one of them, whether it worth saving yourself time and effort to research and book the trip yourself is another matter. Personally I consider it part of the fun as you learn about locations you going to visit/get your bearings on the ground in the process.
    Last edited by VDG; 30th December 2018 at 13:11.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Pretty much as the above comment - I used them to get to an obscure city in China. I went into their central London branch and the guy was helpful in finding a good price on a date to suit, with a time-efficient change somewhere in the middle east - he probably saved me as much as I then paid them, but it was the peace of mind that I got from booking through them that I was really buying.

Master
    Used them a couple of times for trips, pretty good experience-

Over the last few years though I've used this company, can't recommend them enough really helpful and price very competitive- You normally use the counsellor that's in your area....

https://www.travelcounsellors.co.uk/gb/leisure

Some great advice .... thanks...

Gives me some stuff to ponder and consider

I'm obliged

Craftsman
    We have used Trailfinders a number of times including Canada earlier this year.

Our preference is to visit one of their offices/agents with an outline of what we want from the holiday, then spend an hour or so discussing our requirments using TF expertise which is excellent. We then leave them to it for an hour while we go and have a coffee before returning to see the final itinerary and complete any final adjustments.

The advantage of Trailfinders is that most of the agents appear to be well travelled themselves and hence provide both practical and relevant advice. For our Canada trip we tried planning and costing it ourselves before visiting TF, they were able to provide us with three additional nights accommodation for the same cost together with cheaper flights due to their buying power.

Used them for our round the world trip at the beginning of this year.

They were very good and often have preferential details on hotels that beat booking.com etc. Some of the shorter flights were cheaper for us to book ourselves - which we did, also we filled the accommodation gaps via booking.com.

Overall very good.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    There are a few good suggestions on Canada on this thread

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ghlight=Canada

Master
    Did a 10 day road trip of west coast US via Trailfinders and couldn't fault them.

Got us business class flights for a very small premium (under £500) as they knew about a great offer Virgin were doing.

Craftsman
    We used them for one of our California trips and they were spot on, we told them what we wanted and they gave us options based on that. I’d definitely use them again.

Master
    Have used Trailfinders for fly drive packages to the USA but booked accommodation. on the go over there as there’s plenty of variety. I expect Canada to be much the same. Audley Travel are also excellent if you want all the legwork done for you - at a price.