closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommended me a drone

Recommended me a drone

Recently had a go on a friend's quadcopter and found it great fun. I'd like to get one myself but would like one with a half decent camera ideally, and also the return to home feature. I've done lots of reading online but there is too much info!

Is anyone able to recommend one, at a max budget of around £200 ideally?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-J600FN using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Please no, not another one buzzing round!

Master
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm

Hows that?
    Last edited by Harry Smith; 27th December 2018 at 17:31. Reason: been on the port, sorry

Very useful thanks chaps.

Ok. I pinky promise that I will not be using it anywhere near any built up areas, nor airports or nudist beaches.

Craftsman
    Hubsan H501S X4 Drone FPV Brushless GPS RC Quadcopter 1080p Follow Me RTH,UK RTF

Look for one of these, plenty about on eBay.
    For the money they are cracking. Stable as they have the GPS a doddle to fly.

Journeyman
    Hey,
    There are many drones available in the market drops under various categories based on Price and quality. If you can afford to pay the huge amount then must go for Big Brands Like DJI Phantom and Mavic. These drones great and unbeatable by any brand in the brand as they serve the high professional quality but on the other side these drones are little hard to be afforded by everyone as these drones cost around $1500 minimum for any drone. In this case, I also suggest you get more knowledge of specification of drones and prices here - https://www.aeromotus.com/
    Last edited by Derrils; 22nd April 2019 at 08:04.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    Recently had a go on a friend's quadcopter and found it great fun. I'd like to get one myself but would like one with a half decent camera ideally, and also the return to home feature. I've done lots of reading online but there is too much info!

Is anyone able to recommend one, at a max budget of around £200 ideally?

Cheers

Consider stretching the budget even if it means saving for longer. Every cheap drone I've had experience with has been a disappointment.

You won't get much for 200 quid. Most in this category have a fly time of at most 5 mins. The best bang for buck is the mavik pro platinum. Decent camera and a realistic flight time of up to 30 mins. If you're lucky & shop around it can be had for about 700 quid.

Master
    I’ve had the Hubsan 501S and it was a decent drone for the money, and is the one I’d go for at £200. The higher end controller with built in screen is available for that budget too. The downside is the camera is fixed and not stabilised, and ‘only HD’. It’s pretty stable though, and the return to home and follow functions are fun.

I got a drone mainly for aerial stills landscape photography, and without wishing to spend a DJI Mavic Pro size budget got myself a Hubsan Zino which is very like a Mavic, but nearer £330.

The 4K camera is stabilised and controllable from the ground, which makes it ideal for my use, and it’s stable in windy conditions which is good for the UK. About a 25 min flight time, but I rarely fly that long. All the usual RTH/GPS/Follow Me etc.

Early firmware versions were criticised for the poor flight performance, but for just getting a camera in the air and taking pictures before returning home, it was always fine. The later versions which I’ve upgraded to are supposedly better, but can’t say I notice for my use.

As ever, you can go down a rabbit hole and spend as much as you like, but if you want something to throw about for a bit of fun, then the 501 is pretty good.

What is your mates drone, and what do you want to do with yours?

I would say that reaction from people when I fly my drone is mixed (within CAP rules I should add), people seem very suspicious of them given the bad press they’ve received from irresponsible users, which puts me off flying it sometimes.

When I fly my hand launched glider in the same spots, I get nothing but genuine interest and smiles.
    Last edited by Tooks; 18th April 2019 at 19:36.

I hear these are quite effective:

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I hear these are quite effective:

LOL.

What's the flight autonomy on these?

Quote Originally Posted by barbosas View Post
    What's the flight autonomy on these?
    They became self-aware on August 4th, 1997

Grand Master
    Unlike some home gym equipment your Wife won't be able to use it to hang clothes on when you have become bored with it after an hour or so.