closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any tips on getting an Hulk in the UK?

Journeyman

Any tips on getting an Hulk in the UK?

Can anyone share your experiences buying the Hulk in the UK as I am finding it impossible! I managed to get a Sub ND recently and even that AD has closed the waiting list until March, visiting AD’s most cite poor supply/no waiting lists for this model. The Sub I got within 6 weeks.

I am looking further afield i.e. abroad but most AD’s will not put you on their list unless you are a local. I know at airport AD’s people have lots of luck at, but as I am seeking this one model I think it’s unlikely. Are there any AD’s who are more friendly/open to non-existing customers, my location is South London and I have been trying in smaller towns, spoke to Laing’s in Southampton who were awful wanted me to spend 10k just to get on a list, and didn’t believe me when I said I got my black sub within 6 weeks as they are “so rare”!

Thanks for any tips! PS I know there are grey options, but not willing to pay massively above MRSP for a model likely to be updated next year.

Sounds like you've tried most options and have vetoed others. So it'll be a waiting game with your current AD unfortunately. If there was an easy source for these then it would be being tapped already.

I’d recommend spending thousands with your preferred AD, and hopefully being treated well. I had a very good relationship with my AD over about 20 years, until they closed - now I have to start over building up relationships with other AD’s - it takes time, trust and a lot of money.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    The hulk is hard to get so I’d say your only hope is with the AD that you’ve already bought from, but as said already, you may have to spend more to get one, or wait a very long time.

I can’t say this for definite but I think Rolex tend release certain, harder to get, watches in batches. I got my white sky dweller in January and that week there were quite a few across the U.K. Last month there were hulks delivered to AD’s in the U.K. I know of a few and I think it was the first delivery of hulks for some time. I’m not saying that they weren’t others in the months before, but if there were, it was very few.

Reputable JomaShop sells it for $13,950 and offers international shipping:

https://www.jomashop.com/rolex-subma...saAhTOEALw_wcB

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Reputable JomaShop sells it for $13,950 and offers international shipping:

https://www.jomashop.com/rolex-subma...saAhTOEALw_wcB
    That works out at 11k GBP plus the risk of duties! They can be bought in the UK for 9-10k.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Sounds like you've tried most options and have vetoed others. So it'll be a waiting game with your current AD unfortunately. If there was an easy source for these then it would be being tapped already.
    yep i will try again at the AD i bought from in the new year and have to pick up a strap from there. Also highly likely this will be disconntinued so all these lists are pointless.

My new boss picked one up at Schiphol this am!

Master
    I saw a second hand one at Martin and Co in Cheltenham a few weeks back, it was about £8800 which I thought was odd as they are a authorised dealer but was looking for a Sub ND for myself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchingyou View Post
    That works out at 11k GBP plus the risk of duties! They can be bought in the UK for 9-10k.
    Unfortunately you won't receive a warranty card with Joma unless I'm mistaken. It will be their own two year warranty.

Craftsman
    I’ve been waiting since September last year for one. My AD treats them like Daytona’s now and I can’t get one of those either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    My new boss picked one up at Schiphol this am!
    Lucky guy, they had nothing while I was there 2 weeks ago

OP - good luck getting one, beautiful watch. I got lucky and got mine within a few weeks but a family friend got his 2 weeks back from the recent delivery that a few AD’s got

Master
    I got mine last Christmas Eve, they are lovely watches. I just collected my warranty card today from the AD, you can come across them, but most ADs prefer local business.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    I’ve been waiting since September last year for one. My AD treats them like Daytona’s now and I can’t get one of those either

I’d happily chop mine in for a Daytona but finding an interested AD might be rather time consuming!

@OP: It's up to you to decide where: https://www.wikihow.com/Buy-a-Rolex