closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch purchase Goals for 2019

Master
    Down to 3 watches for me. Next year I'm thinking to get myself a more dressy mechanical watch with complications to replace one of the quartz watches.

Not easy as I bought and sold half a dozen already in 2018!

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Definitely decided I need a divers so, 39.5mm PO or 39mm Aquis. Love both but can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert189598 View Post
    Definitely decided I need a divers so, 39.5mm PO or 39mm Aquis. Love both but can't decide.
    Been very happy with the size of my 39.5 PO. It wears very well. The altered end links are very clever as the bracelet comes directly off the case at whatever angle your wrist requires ensuring perfect fit and also it comes with a sliding (half link approx) clasp adjustment which was an annoyance on earlier POs

My collection is dominated by black dialled divers that according to my wife all look the same. Really need to add some variation. Would like something dressy with interesting complications. A Dr Strange JLC Master Ultra Thin Perpetual calendar would be first choice. However I might need to raise some cash next year so some watches will be for the chop.
    Last edited by mylofitz; 27th December 2018 at 14:44.

Master
    Hopefully will finally pick up my Ceramic Pepsi and see what the Basel Gods offer up.

Craftsman
    The one watch i want to find in 2019 is a Caravelle Sea Hunter! Ideally with dauphine hands.. but not picky!

Master
    Smiths Everest PRS-25 36mm V2 with vintage style bracelet and clasp.

I've a couple of Vostoks in the post and a Newmark 6BB on order. So that should be a decent start. A white 36mm Everest also looks seriously appealing. A bit more planning needed but I really want to add a Reverso to the fold in 2019.
    J

Blog Entries
    JLC geophysic worldtime

I really want a Chronometre Optimum, but it's not going to be easy to do. I'll probably have to sell some watches.

I aim to sell about 6-10 watches that I don’t wear that often. Intend to buy a Pinion Atom 39 and a Black Bay 58.

I certainly don’t intend to put any additional money into watches. If I see anything else decent that I fancy it will have to be funded from selling one or more of my more regularly worn watches.

Master
    Twelve months ago I could not have predicted that I would start collecting watches. All I had were two broken watches tucked away in a drawer. Since then (well October really) I have three more and a fourth is on the way.

So in 2019 I really ought to calm down and be a little more focused. I want to repair the broken ones so that I can figure out what to do with them. Then I would like to target one watch (currently an Air Ministry or Aevig Corvid are on the list). However I would like to start tinkering so perhaps a Vostok.

I don't always end up doing what I ought to do so as fun often lurks in unexpected corners so we'll see what happens but I suppose it is good to have a plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Twelve months ago I could not have predicted that I would start collecting watches. All I had were two broken watches tucked away in a drawer. Since then (well October really) I have three more and a fourth is on the way.

So in 2019 I really ought to calm down and be a little more focused. I want to repair the broken ones so that I can figure out what to do with them. Then I would like to target one watch (currently an Air Ministry or Aevig Corvid are on the list). However I would like to start tinkering so perhaps a Vostok.

I don't always end up doing what I ought to do so as fun often lurks in unexpected corners so we'll see what happens but I suppose it is good to have a plan.

Master
    Apologies for the double post, not sure what happened but the Internet here is very flakey.

Master
    Apologies for repeating myself, I am not sure what went wrong but the Internet here is very flakey.

Craftsman
    I’m aiming for two small purchases this year. Looking to add an IWC aqua timer and breitling aerospace evo night mission to the collection. Unfortunately the Monaco might need to go to keep the collection at the magical 3 number

Master
    Oh FFS!

Master
    I’m reasonably happy with my lot and the way prices are going I’ve started to get interested in CWC , Precista ,Smiths as they are a load of bang for your bucks .

Realistically I’m hoping to get a Polar Explorer from a mate which I sold him years ago and he’s never worn ,and one of those Certinas .

I also have a Tudor Snowflake and an Old Speedy that need TLC/Service ( I’ve owned them for years ) so if I manage to get them sorted that’s like a few incomings as well.

Blog Entries
    I’m going to reduce the number of watches and buy something less ordinary , said the same last year but this time it’s happening.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I think the Speedy would compliment the BLNR very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    went and tried on a speedy pro today. Not quite what I'm looking for and I much preferred the Tudor GMT. can see me having some quite similar watches but I seem to have a 'type'!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Either upgrade my 5167 to a 5164

or

find another Hulk or the new SS BLRO (Mission Impossible)

Master
    Zenith el Primero within the next week. Fingers crossed.
    Then it’s a question of whether I trade my 16700 for cash and a 14010.
    Later in the year I hope to try a 70s Omega Dynamic.
    I want to bring the flipping under control this year. That’s mainly a question of impulse control...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    No planned purchases for 2019 as 2018 has been quite expensive with both my wife and I turning 30 and then getting married so need to spend the year replenishing savings/investments. That being said I've been on the waiting list for a Nautilus for a while and if I get the opportunity to purchase I will not be letting it pass!

Not sure about purchases, but I definitely need to thin the herd.
    I have a few now that scare me to wear (in terms of value increase beyond my comfort threshold), a few that I simply don't wear, and it is all contributing to an uneasy feeling that I just have too much of myself invested in this aspect of my pastimes.
    I will definitely be on the look out for lower end watches that light my fire, and may buy a few, but I think my days of working up the scale are over. I get most of the same buzz from a well-found and well-selected £200 watch as I do from one worth 10-20 times more, so I am beginning the process of downsizing significantly.
    Dave

Smile Autavia 100 diver

My grail watch...

Just in case anyone has one they're thinking of selling please let me know

Last edited by Heuerfan; 28th December 2018 at 15:16.

Master
    Reading these posts make me think the hobby is dying or dead. There again it also tells me I have too many watches.

Sales Corner will be a busy place in 2019.

I'm going to have to make 2019 an interesting one. I have realised that after owning many many watches that I don't have a skeleton watch... So that's a start. Then on the other hand, I've got back into Gerald Genta design or inspired by him. So that a challenge too. It will be interesting to see.

Ishmael

Craftsman
    I quite fancy the Tudor BB GMT, got my name on a list... may well put the my Omega AT up for sale as I'm not wearing it. Anyone got any idea what the AT is worth as a PX against the GMT (I genuinely don't know) its a 39.5mm Blue faced on steel, it's 2014 8500 movement in pretty decent condition.

Craftsman
    Aiming to pick up a ND Sub, a Tudor GMT and perhaps a 36mm oyster perpetual with a white face.

Hopefully get the sub around Easter and will review where I stand then. If I go GMT I will most likely sell my Black Black Bay to make room.

This. Oh yes, she will be mine.

I'll be putting a WTB out once we get the holidays done.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I have a Newmark 6BB in order, then

1. A PRS-45 Aerotimer
    2. A PRS-10 (regretting selling one in ‘18)
    3. The new Newmark dive watch, should it get funded

That should be it, but never is!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    There is an old Yiddish proverb, that goes “Man plans and God laughs”!

If you had asked me 12 months ago what 2018 held for me, it would not have included the purchase of an Offshore Professional Field Engineer and a Rolex DSSD (nor for that matter would it have included a cancer diagnosis, treatment and the all-clear!).

So anything I say about plans for my watch collection should probably be taken with a large pinch of salt!

At the moment I’m thinking of selling around 6, and buying a Tudor Black Bay Bronze. We’ll see

Simon
    I had no idea about the illness, Simon. Wonderful that you’ve been given the all-clear!

Looking forward to the arrival of the Newmark 6BB in the near future, watch purchase goal is to not get any more.

Craftsman
    I’d like a birth year watch but being born in 1957, a Speedmaster or Seamaster are out of the question unless I win the lottery!

Apprentice
    Would love to get a Longines Avigation BigEye.
    Other than this perhaps another one from a Micro brand.

Master
    I have a list like a child it starts with the SD43, fingers crossed to the watch gods for a Pepsi and a daytona.

Master

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    I will have to declare that I am very happy with my collection of nine. In fact, I'm so enamoured with the two Tudor chrono's that I have acquired this year, that for the first time in forty-odd years, I'm at peace, no longer hungering for x-y-z. Sure, I wouldn't say no to an IWC 3717 if it dropped in my lap, but I am genuinely happy & have no plans to purchase in the foorseeable. Truly, madly, deeply loving my Tudor BB Heritage chrono' it's my perfect watch. If only this piece was released years ago, it might have saved me a great deal of money and sleepless nights.
    But you never know ............?!?!

Added pic....

Sent from my Lenovo A1010a20 using Tapatalk

It will probably be a 2020 purchase unless something else comes along but I'm quite keen on the Grand Seiko SBGM221.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I had no idea about the illness, Simon. Wonderful that you’ve been given the all-clear!
    Thank you Tony. I didn’t advertise it at the time but I’ve had a very lucky escape as it was picked up very early.

Kinda puts things in perspective (Not that it stopped me buying the Deepsea - in fact it may have spurred me on - life’s too short and all that !).

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

Nor I! Great to see that all is well.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Nor I! Great to see that all is well.
    You’re very kind.

Gotta love this forum...

Simon

Might as well wish for world peace, but a white dialed ceramic Daytona at list is my goal.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Rolex TT CHNR is on my list as is the grey/blue SMP.

Master
    I am happy with my collection right now, but the one watch I would love to add would be a 116515LN Daytona with the Chocolate dial and Oysterflex strap. Will depend if I decide to sell my 911 this year!

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    This. Oh yes, she will be mine.

I'll be putting a WTB out once we get the holidays done.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Lovely!

Grand Master
    Definitely plan on selling a few this year. The one watch I’m still thinking of buying is a Rolex Oyster 36 with blue Arabic dial, I’d be happy with a nice second hand example if the price was right. Always the risk of seeing a really nice vintage Omega and deciding I have to have it, but there’s nothing I’m specifically seeking. I’m always on the lookout for fixer uppers and project watches at the right money, but theyhave to be cheap to be financially viable thesedays.

Journeyman
    I'd like a Speedmaster Professional and it will be interesting to see what if anything Omega come up with for the 50th anniversary - I guess we'll know when Basel-World comes around in a few weeks. I'd also like to see the Speedmaster Apollo 8 - the pictures of it look fantastic. it would have to be one or the other though... Apart from that, I'd like to think I'm sorted on the watch front...

ATB

Mark

So the 3 on my list are the following:

This Speedmaster which I have on order and have a Japanese colleague ready to pick it up for me once it is ready

Then this is calling to me but may have to take a back seat because...

...I am waiting to see what the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Speedmaster will be like as that is certainly on my list!

Master
    Been hankering after a Breitling Aerospace Evo for a while now so hopefully this year I'll have enough pennies to buy one........ that is until the wife books yet another exotic holiday🙄

Craftsman
    I would like to get a Seiko tuna ,though it would have to be the quartz version .Other wise a interesting chronograph maybe a farer

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman

Would have to be the Monaco 50th anniversary alongside the Omega moon landing anniversary.

Quite sure every watch enthusiast is eagerly awaiting the anniversary releases of these two icons but as in the case these days so will the speculators. Could Tag go for an exact copy of the original with rounded chrono pushers etc and with Omega, God only knows what they will produce and in what form of limited edition numbers.

If you were after an Anniversary model, could you get any better than the Moonlanding!