closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch purchase Goals for 2019

Watch purchase Goals for 2019

2018 was a busy year in collection terms for me. An overall reduction in numbers and several mini culls - it’s left me with a collection I am happy with and an empty (almost) Ebay watched items list.

Aiming to make only one purchase in 2019 although tbh I am completely lacking inspiration and have nothing (in budget) that I can think of targeting. Uncharted territory for me as I have always had a list of watches I’d still like to own. Obviously happy to be so content with the collection but strangely disappointed not to have a purchase planned... what about you guys?

Master
    I don’t buy a lot of watches and have not sold one of the 4 I have bought. Depending on what is released this year I would sell my Pelagos to fund a purchase but it would have to be a bloody good (bb gmt in 58 case for example) watch to replace it. No plans as such though. I just can’t stay off manufacturer sites looking at their watches though.
    Last edited by Stuno1; 26th December 2018 at 10:16.

Master
    I am down to my 3 watch collection which I can't see changing.
    I bought two watches last year and sold them both very quickly.
    I don't think I will be adding any this year although I do have a large watch fund doing nothing.

Master
    Planning on just the one purchase this year. Probably a pilot style watch. Something a bit more unusual than the “standard” sub and speedy in my collection currently. Maybe a Sinn or a Damasko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Everest 36mm was my first purchase since June 2015, so I'll start thinking about my next around the end of 2019 into 2020 with a view to buying in 2022. These things shouldn't be rushed.
    Last edited by magirus; 26th December 2018 at 09:03.
    F.T.F.A.

2018 was all about enjoying with only 2 incomings. 2017 was also 2. All four were fantastic purchases and I’m getting strict nowadays. I think I’ll buy the Smiths 36mm Everest and that will likely be me done for 2019.

Master
    My goal is to sell one further watch to arrive at my destination of two watches. Not intending to buy anything.....hopefully. Could be a tough year.

I bought a couple of watches that were on `my list` but there is absolutely nothing out there that inspires me enough to lay down some wedge on anything else - which is good. (apart from an AP26400IO.OO, but that aint gonna` happen.....)
    This year i`m hoping to reduce.

My goal is to start selling some and not buy any, but every year starts like that!!

Blog Entries
    I really am looking forward to having a JLC back in the collection and I am lucky to have Mrs P's approval..

I can purchase new from Official Watches with quite a saving which is always good.

Happy New Year all

Pitch

Craftsman
    I only bought my Doxa sub 50th anniversary silver lung for my 50th this year..... and it's barely been off my wrist since. I'll probably get the new 36 mm Everest and that might be it

I might be tempted to sell my Orange 42mm PO 2500d if a buyer comes along and replace it with the new smp and that would be me done for a while

Heuer Montreal white face. This year one will be mine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The white dial Everest 36 is all I have in mind.

50th anniversary Speedmaster for me. Fingers crossed!

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Want? Probably Rolex, Perhaps something 2 tone, like a GMT on jubilee or maybe a sub (pre-ceramic) with blue dial/bezel.

Possibly sell my 1601 Datejust, airking and Aerospace to fund it.

2018 had about 12 in and 12 out. 2019 needs to be more considered, so I don't flip as much.
    Probably not going to happen, of course!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    One of these two, if I can save enough money:

Else, I will be grateful and enjoy the 2 watches I currently have.

Best wishes to all going into 2019.

Master
    I have two in my sights, it's probably one or the other and I would need to drop two or three to cover the costs.

They are a Panerai PAM670 Equation of Time and/or the soon to be released Bronzo:

I have all the watches I ever wanted... and more.

Not going to buy or sell anything... just enjoy my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by JPE View Post
    Not going to buy or sell anything... just enjoy my collection.
    In my experience, it's better to present that as an aspiration rather than a declaration

Journeyman
    Sub ND and a speedy pro

I'm still interested in watches... I just don't seem interested in any buying any at the moment.

Blog Entries
    Recent acquisition of a speedy means I’ve no plans to buy anything.

I may sell 1 or 2 to keep the numbers down.

z

Journeyman
    I am planning to buy a Rolex Datejust 16030/16220, 16014/16234. I am not sure yet if I want the fluted bezel or machine engined, and if I can live with saffier, or that I prefer plexi. I guess I just have to try on a few. What I do know is that I only like this watch when the dial is a silver sunburst.

Despite recently claiming that I'm content, I would like an inexpensive daily wearer (something a bit more special than my quartz pieces) to stop me wearing my BLNR so often. Trouble is I find myself back at the same place when I started getting in to watches again in 2014. You start searching at a couple of hundred quid then you quickly get to pieces around a grand. Before you know it you are at £2k which is dangerously close to an older DJ. Then you convince yourself that you should get the best DJ you can afford then all of a sudden you are in Submariner territory. Still, I guess that's all part of the joy of the hobby.

Right now I'm most impressed with EC Andersson and also Maen but that could all change.

Happy New Year to all.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Snap, Apollo XI landing..as long as it's not gold.. must start making enquiries.. I read somewhere ADs are taking deposits already

Master
    Try a bit more variety, but also try to settle it down a bit!

PRS-10, for sure.

Tudor GMT, possibly.

I'm fighting myself if I should switch PAM000 to PAM390. Beside I'd like to reduce my set to 5-7 pieces overall.
    And still searching for GG Gefica :-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Despite recently claiming that I'm content, I would like an inexpensive daily wearer (something a bit more special than my quartz pieces) to stop me wearing my BLNR so often. Trouble is I find myself back at the same place when I started getting in to watches again in 2014. You start searching at a couple of hundred quid then you quickly get to pieces around a grand. Before you know it you are at £2k which is dangerously close to an older DJ. Then you convince yourself that you should get the best DJ you can afford then all of a sudden you are in Submariner territory. Still, I guess that's all part of the joy of the hobby.

Right now I'm most impressed with EC Andersson and also Maen but that could all change.

Happy New Year to all.
    This is how my mind works too! I always think that you should wait and get what you want though or you won’t really enjoy it. You can’t beat a Seiko for a nice wearer or if you want smarter, a Nomos?

Master
    I suspect I’ll be on the lookout for an El Primero of some sort... quite fancy a Zenith 1969 38mm

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    This!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jlynch1984 View Post
    This is how my mind works too! I always think that you should wait and get what you want though or you won’t really enjoy it. You can’t beat a Seiko for a nice wearer or if you want smarter, a Nomos?
    I had a Sarb033 then a Nomos Club 701 en route to a 1601 DJ last time! I'd love an Orion 35mm but with the pound tanking they are too close to a loose DJ for comfort. I think I have to try to stay around £500 max for the sweet spot!

Master
    After a few barron years, this year sees a special anniversary and the year after a special birthday both will have watches attached to them.
    I think a Dornbluth will be for the birthday, not decided yet for the anniversary either a speedy or a custard dial Breitling would be near the top of the list.

Master
    Hoping to consolidate a little as I have a few too many, and pick up my first Patek - a 5205G-013 which I am absolutely in love with.

Master
    i like to wear my watches regularly so for me 3 watches is ideal, 5 a maximum, but in the last month I’ve gone up to 7. So no more purchases and I’m sure in the next couple of months I’ll be downsizing (yet again) before I consider anything else.

I'd like to get through the year with no additions or subtractions...................dream on/

Master
    Ideally a blue Pelagos.

I do love the Smiths Everest 36mm so that is on my lost to grab. But also a generally good sort out. I have 3 good watches which hog 95% of the wrist time. The other 5% goes to the sentimental pieces. So a sort out and an Everest then that’s me for now... I hope!

A GMT but haven't settled on which one. Problem is the longer I wait to buy something the greater the chance of me getting distracted by something else.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

2018 has been busy - lots of ins and outs. It was worth it though as the collection seems to be stabilising around some good acquisitions, and 2019 should be quieter.

I think I will start by selling 1-3 watches. With the money, I want to buy something from a brand I’ve never owned before.
    The question I have yet to answer: do I stick to the £1-1.5k range I’ve been playing in for a while now, or do I start putting money aside for something in a higher range (first Rolex for example)?
    The journey to answering that is where the fun lies!

Master
    I plan to reduce the overall numbers this year, already agreed the 232 to go back from whence it came. Probably chop in a few more PAMs also.
    Then, would like a 47mm submersible, ideally the new bronze, possibly replace my 116660 Cameron with the 126660, and if I can get one will try the BLRO on jubilee.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    In my experience, it's better to present that as an aspiration rather than a declaration
    Haha yes, we're all addicts. But we have to stay positive and optimistic. :D

Craftsman
    2018 has been a very expensive year so hopefully move at least 1 piece on
    I would love to add a vintage seiko tuna though.

Master
    Blog Entries
    A blue or grey panoreserve.

Will need to try on first though. In London next month so hope to get the opportunity.

Master
    I'm going to aim for a Davosa Ternos Ceramic 40mm with green dial and bezel.

Craftsman
    I’m looking to pick a few more Steinharts up. Bought and sold a few this year and for money/budget for me, it’s a no brainer.

Ocean One Green (which I sold and realised I shouldn’t have)
    Ocean One Vintage
    Ocean One Vintage Red
    OVM

Also a Smiths Everest. Although, if I get a decent bonus from work it may well be a Black Bay 41

That’s the list but in reality, I cannot imagine I will pick up more than 2 or 3.....max

My goal is not to purchase any watches in 2019.

Eddie's plans might scupper that though, budget permitting.

He has some beauties in the pipeline.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 26th December 2018 at 17:53.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Had a think and if I can somehow afford one then a 40mm or 42mm Panerai would be something I would dearly love

I’d rather like to get a standard speedy pro moonwatch before July.

Obviously it’s the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, but it’s the first ‘nice’ watch I ever wanted and, despite owning plenty of more interesting/collectable/expensive watches, I keep coming back to a basic hesalite moonwatch as something I really want.