closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Watch purchase Goals for 2019

Craftsman
    Only one watch on my list for 2019. The RM67-01 in titanium.

But I know there will be at least a couple Basel releases that will also tempt me.

Craftsman
    I'm going for late 14060m two liner. Let's see if it materializes this year.

Banned

Watch purchase Goals for 2019

This is the year I plan on purchasing my dream watch , a rose gold Daytona with a reverse dial 116505 . I may have a couple of outgoings too , maybe slim down the collection to 3-4 watches max

Following a couple of years taking time out of full time work it's been sparse on the watch buying front & pretty much any luxuries...
    the lifestyle has been great & made me happy but it hasn't made my bank manager happy...each birthday(big one last year) & christmas though I asked for cash in a watch fund & added when I could.

before Christmas I took a punt on a job I fancied & got an interview & got it....

I'm not going mad with the boost in salary as its good for me but not huge and do have long term investment plans with the surplus if job pans out long term but without boring you too much anymore when I moved SW I sold my beloved Seamaster 2531.80.00 Bond Blue to pay some moving costs and regretted it before I even handed it over.

while i have a pre ceramic sea dweller as a grail that won't happen for ages so this year i really hope I can get a near mint one again....

good luck & happy new year to all of you i hope you all get what you desire...

Sent from my SM-A750FN using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    My goal is not to purchase any new watches due to other priorities. Let’s see if I will succeed.

Craftsman
    I m very tempted to try a Rolex op 34mm black dial.

My goal was and is to sell my titanium Ploprof 1200 and buy a vintage Ploprof 600.

Going well then...

Probably the Patek 5164. I've put if off for long enough due to imminent boarding school fees, but think I'll bite the bullet.

First purchase of 2019 made. Omega Speedmaster incoming. Pre-owned and at a good price, thought I'd better get one soon before the inevitable price rise with all of the hype surrounding the 50th anniversary.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Hopefully I might get the GMT Pepsi this year but we'll just have to wait and see! Still fancy a speedmaster date or double date but will just wait and see what comes along.

I've been contemplating getting Seiko's MM300 (SBDX001) back in the collection for a while, it would be the only watch that I've sold and then re-bought should I do so. A quartz Tuna on a bracelet is another consideration, though it may be one or the other rather than both the MM300 and a Tuna. I'm a fan of Sinn, Damasko and Stowa so there's a slim chance another one of those will be added though if the right Tutima surfaces then that would hold greater temptation. I have one of Ewan's Newmark 6BBs already on its way purchased through his Kickstarter project last year.

Other than that the only plan I have is to finish 2019 with fewer watches than I started the year with, I've a few that simply don't justify their existence in the watch box so it's just a matter of getting my ar$e into gear and sorting it out.
    Last edited by CardShark; 1st January 2019 at 18:45.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Probably the Patek 5164. I've put if off for long enough due to imminent boarding school fees, but think I'll bite the bullet.
    I thought you were much older!

Master
    I’ve been buying far too much gold and I’m skint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    My goal is to start selling some and not buy any, but every year starts like that!!
    I say that to myself every year...

Master
    I have a sudden hankering for an 'explorer' type watch, our benevolent dictators PRS-25 is looking very attractive and a bit of a bargain too.
    Also having recently acquired a Breitling Superocean Heritage II with the Tudor movement in it and the most obvious hole in my collection being a good auto chronograph, my perverse side is leaning me towards a BB Chrono with the Breitling B1 movement in it. The fact that I much prefer 'bi-compax' chronos (or those with subdials at 3,6,9 rather than 6,9,12) means this is a bit of a must... I just need to convince SWMBO that splurging another big chunk of money on watches is a good idea.

I'm looking to pick up a chrono either later this year or early next year. Contenders are these three

Apprentice
    I bought a Speedmaster Pro towards the end of 2018 with the hope that the purchase would help me 'graduate' from the AD's Rolex GMT LN to Rolex GMT BLNR waiting list, which I'd been on for 9 months. I also really wanted the Speedie for a while and I thought that in the worst case scenario if I didn't have the immediate funds then I could flip the Speedie. There were a few downsides to this theory though.

Firstly, I had to return the Speedie because the bracelet just wouldn't fit properly without a half link and I'm not prepared to buy the one from the Seamaster Pro just because Omega can't make a bracelet properly.

Secondly, I found out I'd been moved to the BLNR waiting list automatically (!) because I'd dropped by the dealer every couple of weeks to say hello and they'd done me a favour.

Thirdly, and this is probably the big one, I don't actually have the £6,850 sitting in my bank account yet for the GMT and SWMBO is of course not in favour of this purchase as she wants a new bathroom...and probably a kitchen too.

So in 2019 I am already living in fear that I get a call from the AD to tell me that they have a BLNR waiting for me with my name on it and I can't say no!
    It might actually be better for me if they discontinue it in 2019 and then I can look at something like a used Explorer...
    Last edited by King Arthur; 4th January 2019 at 18:02.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    I bought a Speedmaster Pro towards the end of 2018 with the hope that the purchase would help me 'graduate' from the AD's Rolex GMT LN to Rolex GMT BLNR waiting list, which I'd been on for 9 months. I also really wanted the Speedie for a while and I thought that in the worst case scenario if I didn't have the immediate funds then I could flip the Speedie. There were a few downsides to this theory though.

Firstly, I had to return the Speedie because the bracelet just wouldn't fit properly without a half link and I'm not prepared to buy the one from the Seamaster Pro just because Omega can't make a bracelet properly.

Secondly, I found out I'd been moved to the BLNR waiting list automatically (!) because I'd dropped by the dealer every couple of weeks to say hello and they'd done me a favour.

Thirdly, and this is probably the big one, I don't actually have the £6,850 sitting in my bank account yet for the GMT and SWMBO is of course not in favour of this purchase as she wants a new bathroom...and probably a kitchen too.

So in 2019 I am already living in fear that I get a call from the AD to tell me that they have a BLNR waiting for me with my name on it and I can't say no!
    It might actually be better for me if they discontinue it in 2019 and then I can look at something like a used Explorer...
    A used Explorer is the answer to every Rolex watch purchase conundrum. Unless, like me, you don't mind slumming it with Eddie's latest PRS-25 :)

Back in November, I got it into my head to get a Rolex Day Date.
    This I succeeded doing in the last 10 days of 2018.
    And then another brain storm!!
    Why not just settle on having the two watches that I used for years and was happy with.
    I already had one, so the hunt started and in the first week of the New Year, today to be precise, I landed a 2007 Rolex Submariner Date.
    Now, somehow, I have got to stop there!!
    I either need more willpower or a sabbatical from watch forums ;-)

Master
    This year I'm going toovey speedie on and get a new explorer 1.

I've loved the speedie but the pull of Rolex is too much fore and I need one. It was either a GMT M2 LN or the explorer but I'm set on the explorer now, it's a classic and never going out of style.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    My goal was and is to sell my titanium Ploprof 1200 and buy a vintage Ploprof 600.

Going well then...
    Haha

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Haha
    Make sense :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sirachides View Post
    Make sense :)
    Eh??

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Bit of an addition and reduction thing going on at the minute.
    Getting rid of a couple of rolex, will probably replace with an AP diver, but I want white/navy rather than black.
    That'll leave me with diver, hulk and dj (which has been lost to gf)
    I got engaged so diamonds are taking precedence over steel sports at the minute.

Master

Watch purchase Goals for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Back in November, I got it into my head to get a Rolex Day Date.
    This I succeeded doing in the last 10 days of 2018.
    And then another brain storm!!
    Why not just settle on having the two watches that I used for years and was happy with.
    I already had one, so the hunt started and in the first week of the New Year, today to be precise, I landed a 2007 Rolex Submariner Date.
    Now, somehow, I have got to stop there!!
    I either need more willpower or a sabbatical from watch forums ;-)
    Similar to my approach this year; a DD40 and one other. At the moment it’s a Glashuitte Original, which makes a nice contrast because it’s so ‘sober.’ But I’m tempted by the thought of the DD40 and a second-hand SD43. A bit big, but that and the DayDate seem fit for anything.

And this is my old SD43mm. Sold it, stupidly. Can I Get another?
    We’l see in due course.I’m trying to save money. Although, with a sports Rolex, you’re not really at much risk of taking a bath.
    Last edited by paskinner; 5th January 2019 at 15:20.

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    Tony’s 16710.

The end.

No sign of a PM yet. Just saying.

Apprentice
    I hope to clear out 3-4 of my crappier watches and just focus on quality.
    Have a vintage DeVille on the way which I hope to receive in the next week or so.

Looking for a seiko SZSC004, green Sumo and possible a birth year vintage from 1966..

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I got engaged so diamonds are taking precedence over steel sports at the minute.
    Congratulations Ma’am. Is it impertinent to ask if you each get a diamond?

Bit of an addition and reduction thing going on at the minute.
    Getting rid of a couple of rolex, will probably replace with an AP diver, but I want white/navy rather than black.
    That'll leave me with diver, hulk and dj (which has been lost to gf)
    Congratulations C. Celebration diamonds in order :)
    It's just a matter of time...

I've decided that I'll be downsizing the collection hugely and, at this point, only have plans to buy one watch; Rolex Sea Dweller 126600. I previously owned a Rolex 16710 Pepsi that I sold as at 40mm it was just a little small for me.

Those I'll be selling:

Heuer Carrera CS3111 (currently with Duncan at Genesis for a service)

Omega Seamaster Professional 300m (will be serviced before sale)

IWC Pilot Chronograph 3717

Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm - 232.30.46.21.01.003 (possibly)

I may even sell my Ed White Speedmaster or trade it for the Sea Dweller.

Journeyman
    IWC Portuguesier Chrono 150yr edition, with black strap and white face. Have seen the blue face in London (unbelievably still have stock). Whilst it may not be the fanciest of watches I think the design is an absolute classic.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    It will probably be a 2020 purchase unless something else comes along but I'm quite keen on the Grand Seiko SBGM221.
    That is really nice.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Mclure View Post
    That is really nice.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yes it's a beautiful watch

Master
    Hit the first on the wanted list today which was about 6 months earlier than expected with the email coming at Xmas time but unable to pick up until today.

Next on the list is a 5164A due in the next couple of months unless this gets in the way!

Tried it on when i picked the 5990 up and was smitten however the mrs (and the bank!) said no.

Master
    Two more Rollies for me, and going the PM route this time: the 116619LB and 116506.

Congratulations Celia!

Simon

Craftsman
    I will be shifting out some of my low end "pre-watch collecting days" watches (Swatch, Casio, Seiko, Citizen) and have a short list for 2019, of which I will hopefully buy about 3 or 4.

#1 on the list is the white Everest PRS-25 (version B with 3,6,9 dial), so hopefully that one will make it to production. I've been wearing the black 36mm version every day since it arrived - absolutely love it.

Others on the shortlist include the Hamtun Nanok Day Date, Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT Red/Blue, Smiths PRS-29A, Smiths Caribbean 1000 (orange dial, and again if it makes it into production), Precista PRS-18Q, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF, Grand Seiko SBGX261G or 263G, Tudor Oyster Prince Date Day 94613, Rolex Oysterquartz 17000, and the Vacheron Constantin Overseas 72050/423A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post

Haha - a predicament! I have recently read (can't remember where) that the BLNR has now been discontinued?

At some point I'm hoping to get the call for my HULK :)