closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor BB Heritage Vs BB58

Journeyman

Tudor BB Heritage Vs BB58

Early this year I viewed a BB Heritage diver (Black on leather); tried it on & simply loved it in every way, owned it 6 months later, this was just as the BB58 was being pushed / pre ordered...

I could have waited (I'm impatient BTW) but looking at the size, specs & aesthetics I decided I'd rather have my "first love"...

I'm hearing A LOT of noise & admiration for the BB58... why is this so much more desired & revered?

I'll be honest, I'm in love

Just the size - it’s that simple cos it’s more true to the original vintage size I guess

Until the 58 they were a slab sided mess.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post

I'm not seeing a huge or noticeable difference in the case shape / proportions.... yes 41 > 39 mm is noticeable but certainly not earth shatteringly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesinamillion View Post
    I'm not seeing a huge or noticeable difference in the case shape / proportions.... yes 41 > 39 mm is noticeable but certainly not earth shatteringly so.
    Don’t mind Ally. He’s having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Don’t mind Ally. He’s having a bad day.
    Not at all. Theatre and gin for me, jolly good.

Have a nice Christmas when it comes.

Not at all. Theatre and gin for me, jolly good.

Have a nice Christmas when it comes.
    You too. Thought you seemed tense. Theatre and drinks sounds excellent

Master
    Size and theme for me. The 41 is far too large at 15mm thick for the style of watch it is emulates imo. The 58 being 39mm in diameter is great but at just under 12mm thick is the most important measurement. It sits so well on the wrist. Also, having a black and rose gold theme works better than brown minute running track, white bezel inlay and different colour hand/hour marker surrounds. The 58 just looks cleaner, especially without the crown ring. Each to their own but for the me the 58 is a better size and cleaner design.
    Last edited by Stuno1; 25th December 2018 at 00:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Size and theme for me. The 41 is far too large at 15mm thick for the style of watch it is emulations imo. The 58 being 39mm in diameter is great but at just under 12mm thick is the most important measurement. It sits so well on the wrist. Also, having a black and rose gold theme works better than brown minute running track, white bezel inlay and different colour hand/hour marker surrounds. The 58 just looks cleaner, especially without the crown ring. Each to their own bit for the me the 58 is a better size and cleaner design.
    I own both sizes and honestly enjoy both. Don’t actually prefer one over the other.

It definitely is noticeable. The BB58 wears significantly smaller than a 41mm Black Bay and smaller than a Rolex GMTc. If I didn't know, I would have guessed the BB58 was 38mm.

In fact, the BB58 wears very small. My 13 year old daughter is getting one tomorrow for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    It definitely is noticeable. The BB58 wears significantly smaller than a 41mm Black Bay and smaller than a Rolex GMTc. If I didn't know, I would have guessed the BB58 was 38mm.

In fact, the BB58 wears very small. My 13 year old daughter is getting one tomorrow for Christmas
    £2.5k watch on a 13 year old ?

Early this year I viewed a BB Heritage diver (Black on leather); tried it on & simply loved it in every way, owned it 6 months later, this was just as the BB58 was being pushed / pre ordered...

I could have waited (I'm impatient BTW) but looking at the size, specs & aesthetics I decided I'd rather have my "first love"...

I'm hearing A LOT of noise & admiration for the BB58... why is this so much more desired & revered?

It’s desired and revered like the one you have - but this is the newest latest must have ! I want one as well just reading about them, but I have to ask myself...really? The original BB is a killer piece and unless you have spaghetti arms then it’s a good size in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G Imp View Post
    It’s desired and revered like the one you have - but this is the newest latest must have ! I want one as well just reading about them, but I have to ask myself...really? The original BB is a killer piece and unless you have spaghetti arms then it’s a good size in my opinion.
    If you are a pie muncher then don’t waste your time looking at the 58.

Master
    £2.5k watch on a 13 year old ?
    +1 is this a joke?

+1 is this a joke?
    A young girl who just suffered a major bereavement. What is the joke?

If you are a pie muncher then don’t waste your time looking at the 58.
    It’s very en vogue to talk about smaller watches at the moment but what if you likes a pie or two !

Previously, I have been tempted to get the Heritage, as I like the colour combination, but was slightly concerned that with the size and with not having much curve in the lugs, believed that it would just sit "on top"

But when the BB58 was introduced, it was perfect.

I love everything about it.

Master
    On egg shells here and clearly sorry for her loss but personally I wouldn’t buy a 13 year old something like that.

I am sure she will love the watch and it will be special to her, good present in my opinion.

Merry Christmas to you both.

The situation is she asked for part of her inheritance to be spent on this watch after accompanying me to a recent Rolex event. She won't be wearing at school or out with her friends. This is a very special lifetime watch which will have a lot of sentimental value

Truth of the matter is I didn't buy her the watch, she bought it herself.
    On egg shells here and clearly sorry for her loss but personally I wouldn’t buy a 13 year old something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    I am sure she will love the watch and it will be special to her, good present in my opinion.

Merry Christmas to you both.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family too

Master
    The situation is she asked for part of her inheritance to be spent on this watch after accompanying me to a recent Rolex event. She won't be wearing at school or out with her friends. This is a very special lifetime watch which will have a lot of sentimental value

Lovely that she chose it. I am sure it will remain special to her for a lifetime. Clearly wise beyond her years.

Lovely that she chose it. I am sure it will remain special to her for a lifetime. Clearly wise beyond her years.
    Thank-you for your kind comment. I suppose reading back it might have appeared that she was a spoilt child who was having too much money lavished on her. Merry Christmas to you

Master
    Thank-you for your kind comment. I suppose reading back it might have appeared that she was a spoilt child who was having too much money lavished on her. Merry Christmas to you
    ... and to you. Hope you all have a lovely day 😃

The 58 is 25% thinner. It's significant on wrist difference. I had a blue BB, sole reason for moving it on was the slab sided case. The 58 is a big improvement, hopefully they release some more colors in future.

Absolutely, on all accounts.
    If possible please show us a photo.
    Have a beautiful Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    The 58 is 25% thinner. It's significant on wrist difference. I had a blue BB, sole reason for moving it on was the slab sided case. The 58 is a big improvement, hopefully they release some more colors in future.
    Completely agree, the BB is just too big in every direction.

I haven’t tried on a 58, but it looks good. I quite like the original Black Bays (in their big block cases) though - the thicker cases are a little different from a lot of other brands, whereas the 58 is a hark back to the old Rolex type case shape - which is no bad thing at all!

Room for both - but a 58 would suit a smaller wrist, and vice versa.

Id prefer the option on the hands though, as I’d like a non-snowflake version.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I haven’t tried on a 58, but it looks good. I quite like the original Black Bays (in their big block cases) though - the thicker cases are a little different from a lot of other brands, whereas the 58 is a hark back to the old Rolex type case shape - which is no bad thing at all!

Room for both - but a 58 would suit a smaller wrist, and vice versa.

Id prefer the option on the hands though, as I’d like a non-snowflake version.
    For reference my wrist is 7inches and it fits perfectly.

Master

I remember drooling over mechanical watches especially Rolexes in my early teens, no doubt that she will be over the moon and enjoy it!

Master

I’ve also been tempted to get a bb58 after getting my bb gmt (same size as yours), but it hasn’t been readily available for me to try. I’d just enjoy this watch for now, and in future if you get hold of a bb58 and like it you can always trade at not much of a loss

Grand Master
    Warren ignore the belter. The life they ordered has been out of stock for a while now. My Christmas wish is they get one in the sales.

Hope you’re well mate and great gift regardless of any reason.

RIAC

We have had a great day Kerry and wishing you and your family a fantastic Christmas. We will catch up soon mate

Journeyman
    I don't know about the BB58, but I really like your BB Heritage diver.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    I had a Black Bay Black and sold it for being such a slab, also I didn't like the coloured ring between the crown and the bezel and wasn't keen on the faux patina.

I've been longing for the Black Bay Blue but am scared of the slab. Let's hope they expand the colour options soon on the BB58. A date option and going back to a bracelet without the rivets wouldn't be bad moves either.

Sad circumstances but what a wonderful way to cherish and remember a loved one. She obviously has exceptional taste.

Journeyman
    Has anyone seen any BB58s around in London recently?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jlevo View Post
    Has anyone seen any BB58s around in London recently?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Ernest Jones Brent Cross told me their list is about 30 deep. I think they'll get through it quickly as most will be on multiple lists.

Journeyman

Tudor BB Heritage Vs BB58

As some have said, it was mostly the slab sides of the Heritage 41 that put people off it (big wristed folk excepted). The watch wore ok with me but it fouled my shirt cuff every time, to the point where I silently said a prayer when the BB58 came out.

Master
    I must say, I love the the BB I have the blue edition and love it. I excepted the size as normal wears as comfortable and my sub non date. I have looked at the 58 and does not do it for me. If they release a blue version, I will buy it. The lime is stunning on the watch.

I have the ETA black with the case back that sits flush to the case. Makes a huge difference to how the watch wears as it really hugs the wrist.

Craftsman
    I have the same as you OP and tried on the 58 this week on a bracelet, as I said elsewhere it felt a little flimsy (most likely due to the original being a slab!)

It was nice but I couldn't justify owning both and couldn't put the original up for sale so let it pass.

If anyone wanted a 58 it was in Walkers in Dundee.

Master
    Have to agree, the slab sides made the watch seem very thick, the Subc doesn't have such a thick side, there is more mm on the bezel and caseback, so the feel of the watch is slimmer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Ernest Jones Brent Cross told me their list is about 30 deep. I think they'll get through it quickly as most will be on multiple lists.
    I was on their list no where near the top and got “the call” from them probably around a month ago now. I reckon if someone put their name down on their list it would only be a few months before they would have a watch for you.

Craftsman
    I was very impressed with the 58 when I tried it on. Wonder if they will slowly phase out the 41mm range and replace them with 58 sized models.

Quote Originally Posted by Idc0001 View Post
    I was very impressed with the 58 when I tried it on. Wonder if they will slowly phase out the 41mm range and replace them with 58 sized models.
    Not a chance. More likely they will keep the 51 range since it was so popular and just expand the 39 range in parallel