closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which PS4 RPG to get?

Master

Which PS4 RPG to get?

Hi guys I am not a huge fan of RPG games although I haven't had much experience with them :)

I did have Witcher 3 but sold it as it didn't really grab me but the world and graphics were truly stunning and that's what I like I love these magical worlds with fantastic scenery so do I try Witcher 3 again as the game of the year edition is £16 on the playstation store also Skyrim remastered is the same price? I know I should like the Witcher :)

I just finished Red Dead 2 and God of War and loved them so I do like great graphics etc but I suppose the stumbling block is this quest situation that all RPG's have so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Master
    Farcry 4 and 5 are superb. Not "magical" worlds, but open world free roaming etc. Plenty of firepower and a good way to unwind after a day at the office (3 is still my fave, but 4 and 5 have the graphics).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Farcry 4 and 5 are superb. Not "magical" worlds, but open world free roaming etc. Plenty of firepower and a good way to unwind after a day at the office (3 is still my fave, but 4 and 5 have the graphics).

Thanks mate I have often been tempted by those but they are shooters aren't they and I want a magical world although I suspect I will probably hate an RPG :)

Craftsman
    The Last Of Us Remastered.

Edit - sorry, just saw the no shooting bit.

Have you tried Divine Divinity or Pillars of Eternity?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    The Last Of Us Remastered.

Edit - sorry, just saw the no shooting bit.
    Played it twice and loved it :) I have played most of the adventure type games like Uncharted etc and love the worlds and scenery I just thought I maybe should try an RPG again (I think)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    Have you tried Divine Divinity or Pillars of Eternity?

No I haven't I have looked at Divinty 2 on the PS Store but the turn based combat sounds a bit weird! Although it looks gorgeous :)

Horizon Zero Dawn looks amazing and is a big game.

Master
    It's an "out there" suggestion, but I had a blast with South Park: The Stick of Truth. Not tried The Fractured But Whole yet 😂😂

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    Horizon Zero Dawn looks amazing and is a big game.

Played that as well and it looked gorgeous but it was a bit samey towards the end.

Master
    Skyrim is what you are looking for. Its truly epic.

Fallout 4 if you want a similar experience to Skyrim but post apocalyptic scifi gun fun.

Diablo if you want something a bit more linear.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Skyrim is what you are looking for. Its truly epic.

Fallout 4 if you want a similar experience to Skyrim but post apocalyptic scifi gun fun.

Diablo if you want something a bit more linear.

I played Fallout 4 and really enjoyed it and I did try Skyrim on the PC a few years ago but I didn't finish it but I need to try it again as it is remastered now on the PS4 and only £16 it was really between Skyrim and the Witcher maybe the graphics are better on Witcher but Skyrim gameplay might be better for me :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    I played Fallout 4 and really enjoyed it and I did try Skyrim on the PC a few years ago but I didn't finish it but I need to try it again as it is remastered now on the PS4 and only £16 it was really between Skyrim and the Witcher maybe the graphics are better on Witcher but Skyrim gameplay might be better for me :)

Witcher 3 I played for 6 hours and could not get into it . I felt I was watching it rather than playing it. Skyrim you can pretty much go and do what you want. I love the fact I can see distant locations and remember mad fights and quests I've had there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Witcher 3 I played for 6 hours and could not get into it . I felt I was watching it rather than playing it. Skyrim you can pretty much go and do what you want. I love the fact I can see distant locations and remember mad fights and quests I've had there.

Sounds great I wonder if it still plays well today, that remaster came out late 2016 didn't it so hopefully it will still be good I might invest in that for £16

Bit out of leftfield but Persona 5 would be my shout. Niche as hell but brilliant if it's your kind of thing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post
    Bit out of leftfield but Persona 5 would be my shout. Niche as hell but brilliant if it's your kind of thing.
    Do you know what I have seen stellar reviews for that game but when I see the graphics and setting I think uurrgghh :)

Nier: Automata? Maybe guns in it though, but not sure.

Dragon Age: Inquisition?

Master
    [QUOTE=Ventura;4975177]Nier: Automata? Maybe guns in it though, but not sure.

Dragon Age: Inquisition?[/QUOTE

I looked at Nier so many times recently when it was on sale but some of the combat just looked a bit weird but I know it will be different as for Dragon I was watching a review today but wasn't convinced :)

After enjoying/completing RDR2 I was looking for something similar to play over Xmas

I have bought Skyrim, Far cry 5 and assassins creed odyssey

Skyrim lasted 30mins before I decided to try something else, I think I will try again but it didn't grab me, AC was better and I am spending some time on it, I'd say it was pretty similar to RDR2 in lots of ways

FC5 though is a blast, loving it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    After enjoying/completing RDR2 I was looking for something similar to play over Xmas

I have bought Skyrim, Far cry 5 and assassins creed odyssey

Skyrim lasted 30mins before I decided to try something else, I think I will try again but it didn't grab me, AC was better and I am spending some time on it, I'd say it was pretty similar to RDR2 in lots of ways

FC5 though is a blast, loving it

I do fancy Far Cry 5 but only when it comes down in price again on the playstation store I think with skyrim you really have to give that a good few hours does it look good though?

Master
    Skyrim needs weeks ( much like fallout 4) but its so huge and interesting.

I do fancy Far Cry 5 but only when it comes down in price again on the playstation store I think with skyrim you really have to give that a good few hours does it look good though?
    I don't doubt it will be a good game but it does look dated in comparison to the others, it strikes me to be a game you need to invest a lot of time on

Master
    I don't doubt it will be a good game but it does look dated in comparison to the others, it strikes me to be a game you need to invest a lot of time on

That's my only concern that it is massive and is a bit dated now

Craftsman
    Last of Us- compulsory really,you have the best game ever written at your fingertips- get it.

Journeyman
    I've heard good things about ELEX but haven't played it yet

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Last of Us- compulsory really,you have the best game ever written at your fingertips- get it.
    Read back a little bit as I said I have played it twice a superb game :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fleshpress View Post
    I've heard good things about ELEX but haven't played it yet
    Thanks I will have a look but I want something on offer on the PS store so I might have to wait on that one.

How about Yakuza 0?

Master
    That's my only concern that it is massive and is a bit dated now
    I’d say Skyrim is still cutting edge in many ways.

Craftsman
    Read back a little bit as I said I have played it twice a superb game :)
    Xmas G+T, uncharted is a good series(have u already played it?)
    Last edited by meridian; 24th December 2018 at 14:50.

Master
    Played Uncharted and loved them I just bought Skyrim at £16 it is worth trying again :)

Witcher 3 is one of, if not the damn finest RPG I've ever played, but it was a real slow burner at the start. Give it another chance if you can, I'd say its the gold standard.

Not sure if Spider Man counts as an RPG (technically a fantasy?) but I'm currently playing through and its blown me away. Surpassed Rootin Tootin Cowboy Shootin 2 for me, and I was a big fan of that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    Witcher 3 is one of, if not the damn finest RPG I've ever played, but it was a real slow burner at the start. Give it another chance if you can, I'd say its the gold standard.

Not sure if Spider Man counts as an RPG (technically a fantasy?) but I'm currently playing through and its blown me away. Surpassed Rootin Tootin Cowboy Shootin 2 for me, and I was a big fan of that.

Thanks for the reply :) I was uumming and ahhing over Spiderman as I am just not sure as I read a review saying that some compulsory timed sneaking quests as humans were just a bit tedious so I didn't know whether to buy it so I didn't also on PS Store it's reduced to around £34 and I am thinking that will come down again :)

As for Witcher 3 I did have it and played it for a short while but didn't get into it so I had it on disk and sold it BUT I know the world is gorgeous and I should give it another try especially as the game of the year edition is only £16 on the PS Store!

Far cry 5 is incredible, loving every second

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post

This. I think the W3 is probably one of the best games I’ve ever played, incredibly well written and superbly crafted. You need to give it another go, as it does take a bit of time to get into. Go for the Goty edition with all the DLCs.

Once you really start to explore and the (huge) map opens up you’ll be blown away by the level of detail in the World and epic story. There’s some great characters in there too, like the Bloody Baron or Gaunter ‘o Dim. It’s also stunning graphically - I’ve been playing F76 and the graphics (2018 game!) are an embarrassment compared.

Just don’t get too bogged down with the crafting etc at the beginning as this can seem a bit dull until you get your head round it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post
    This. I think the W3 is probably one of the best games I’ve ever played, incredibly well written and superbly crafted. You need to give it another go, as it does take a bit of time to get into. Go for the Goty edition with all the DLCs.

Once you really start to explore and the (huge) map opens up you’ll be blown away by the level of detail in the World and epic story. There’s some great characters in there too, like the Bloody Baron or Gaunter ‘o Dim. It’s also stunning graphically - I’ve been playing F76 and the graphics (2018 game!) are an embarrassment compared.

Just don’t get too bogged down with the crafting etc at the beginning as this can seem a bit dull until you get your head round it.

Ok thanks for that I am enjoying Skyrim so far so I will go and buy W3 from PS store now as it is only £16 with all the dlc's so a bargain :)

Master
    Downloading W3 now :)

Have you got much spare cash? Buy a PSVR headset then play Skyrim in glorious virtual reality. I know VR isn't for some but I'm now totally hooked.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Have you got much spare cash? Buy a PSVR headset then play Skyrim in glorious virtual reality. I know VR isn't for some but I'm now totally hooked.
    Sounds great but not for me :) but I have just started Skyrim and am really liking it

Master
    Downloading W3 now :)
    Happy Christmas! Yen or Triss? Don’t be greedy! Also, the choices in this game (even quite early on) really do influence the final outcome, you’ve been warned!

Enjoy it.

Can I ask about Skyrim, does it transform after the initial section? I have literally just started and escaped the Dragon with the other chap and ended up having dinner in a nearby village, I tried exploring but found the landscape very restrictive (stuck to paths etc) tried a side mission and turned it off

Master
    Can I ask about Skyrim, does it transform after the initial section? I have literally just started and escaped the Dragon with the other chap and ended up having dinner in a nearby village, I tried exploring but found the landscape very restrictive (stuck to paths etc) tried a side mission and turned it off
    Crikey you have to give it more of a chance than that :) I have started the main quest and have been in a fab dungeon killing and looting I have come to a door that I can't open yet I think in certain areas you have to use the paths but it is open world so you can wander about where you want.

Journeyman
    Red dead 2 is brilliant imho

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevo View Post
    Red dead 2 is brilliant imho

Agreed I just finished that

Blog Entries
    Fallout 4

Diablo 3 any good?

Craftsman
    I’d give Witcher 3 goty a try

Journeyman
    Here's an idea; Spyro the dragon

Master
    Just to update I am now sorted as I have just bought Skyrim and Witcher 3 GOTY edition I have started Skyrim first so these two IF I like them will keep me going a fair old while and at £16 each they were too cheap to not try :)

If you cast your net further, and splurge for a new console, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the best open world RPG I've played. I've put 180 hours into it and still haven't finished it.