closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: It's time to give the white dial PRS-25 its own thread

Apprentice
    I know this may have already been answered, but I’m a bit daunted by the prospect of reading through 600 posts. Will the new bracelet be available for purchase on its own? I assume at first they will all be fixed to white or black dial Everests, so if they will be sold, about how long until they’re offered on their own?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesserodriguez24 View Post
    I know this may have already been answered, but I’m a bit daunted by the prospect of reading through 600 posts. Will the new bracelet be available for purchase on its own? I assume at first they will all be fixed to white or black dial Everests, so if they will be sold, about how long until they’re offered on their own?
    I've ordered extra bracelets, which should be delivered with the watches in September/October.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    This and the Expedition are looking really great. Tough choices to be made.

Dave
    This, I was almost certain I would prefer this one, but now Having seen the expedition pics, horns of a dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    This, I was almost certain I would prefer this one, but now Having seen the expedition pics, horns of a dilemma.
    Start saving now and you can have both :-)

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Eddie

I don't think you've at any point said how much shorter the minute hand will be compared to the original black dialled 36mm Everest, nor has there been any discussion of that question for this model.

Can I just express my own preference for the length of the minute hand before the final order goes off? If people disagree then by all means chip in - it's better to expose any disagreements on this now rather than people criticising the choice once the watches have been produced. (I do appreciate of course that the final decision on the spec is yours alone to make.)

I personally would like to see the very tip of the minute hand falling just shy of the end of the minute markers, in other words for it to match the proportions of the minute hand on the 40mm Everest. Here's a photo of that for easy reference, taken from the Timefactors product page.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Start saving now and you can have both :-)

Eddie
    Well you would say that.they have both, all 3, turned out really, really well, nice work. .

Quote Originally Posted by TF23 View Post
    Eddie

I don't think you've at any point said how much shorter the minute hand will be compared to the original black dialled 36mm Everest, nor has there been any discussion of that question for this model.

Can I just express my own preference for the length of the minute hand before the final order goes off? If people disagree then by all means chip in - it's better to expose any disagreements on this now rather than people criticising the choice once the watches have been produced. (I do appreciate of course that the final decision on the spec is yours alone to make.)

I personally would like to see the very tip of the minute hand falling just shy of the end of the minute markers, in other words for it to match the proportions of the minute hand on the 40mm Everest. Here's a photo of that for easy reference, taken from the Timefactors product page.

For the minute hand I agree, similar proportion to the 40 mm version, while hour hand longer that the actual version on 36mm

Apprentice
    I've ordered extra bracelets, which should be delivered with the watches in September/October.

Eddie
    Will there be spare handsets for those ocd enough to want to mod their gen 1 36mms?

Thank you in advance.

Watch Addict In Recovery

Hahaha! ;-)

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by illumidata View Post
    Will there be spare handsets for those ocd enough to want to mod their gen 1 36mms?

Thank you in advance.

Watch Addict In Recovery
    No, changing hands often involves changing dials as well, even for experienced hands.

Eddie

Apprentice
    No, changing hands often involves changing dials as well, even for experienced hands.

Eddie
    Understood.

:)

Watch Addict In Recovery

Yep, I'll be having one of those.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Craftsman
    You had my order with the very first post in the thread ... nice to see the concept coming to fruition !

Craftsman
    Duplicate
    Last edited by 459GMB; 18th June 2019 at 12:19.

Craftsman
    Decisions, decisions, decisions .... looking very much like one of each isn't it ? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    Decisions, decisions, decisions .... looking very much like one of each isn't it ? :-)

It certainly is

Best to start stocking up on those leather straps, Perlons and Natos in readiness too

I'd like to buy the prototype with the long minute hand. It looks perfect to me!

Craftsman
    Any chance of a pic of the white dial PRS-25 prototype on that dark brown strap from the expedition thread please Eddie ?

Thanks !

White dial PRS-25 Everest

Hi all

First post here, just thought I would say how much I like the version B white / cream dial Everest and I cannot wait until it is released as I want to buy one to use as a daily watch. Am I right in thinking these are available around September time?

THX, Ant

Quote Originally Posted by ant8519 View Post
    Hi all

First post here, just thought I would say how much I like the version B white / cream dial Everest and I cannot wait until it is released as I want to buy one to use as a daily watch. Am I right in thinking these are available around September time?

THX, Ant
    Yes, Eddie said September/October

Might be a post for a different thread, but the new Miyota movement that’s going in the new Everests, does that still have the loud spinny rotor?

Apprentice

Bracelet

Please make the bracelet adjustable down to 6 inch wrist please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Palo View Post
    Please make the bracelet adjustable down to 6 inch wrist please!!!
    Hear hear
    (5.9!)

Is the final watch going to be aged white / cream rather than snow white? Possibly just my screen but the assembled proto appears much more yellowed/aged than the proto dial photo.

Just me?

First picture of the prototype.

Changes to be made for the production model (so far) are:

Shorter minute hand.

Bracelet end-pieces changed from male to female.

Better clasp.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Is the final watch going to be aged white / cream rather than snow white? Possibly just my screen but the assembled proto appears much more yellowed/aged than the proto dial photo.

Just me?
    It's the same colour as the Air Ministry.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post

Just me?
    I think that photo gives you a good idea what the dial colour will look like... the crystal and different lights certainly give it a different hue, but its certainly not a stark white.

I'd forgotten how good this one is looking!!

I still like the counter weight on the Expedition second hand.

Any updates eta for the white/cream version?